Best Superhero Trilogy

Universes. There's nothing like the street dancing or the kitchen twist in TDKR. The only movie I remember having such atrocities is Batman & Robin.

The first quarter of the movie where Batman is an emo cripple is worse than any scene in Spider-Man 3. And that's just the beginning. When the film wasn't being filled with plot holes and nonsense, it was often just boring.

Meh. Not for me. They're both flawed and serious drops from preceding quality. Rises is probably better, but I enjoy SM3 more.

I don't like either. I criticized both of them many times. But TDKR is still better than SM3. TDKR's problem is a lot of good ideas that don't make sense in the context of the film or trilogy. SM3 is just straight-up bad.

The first quarter of the movie where Batman is an emo cripple is worse than any scene in Spider-Man 3. And that's just the beginning. When the film wasn't being filled with plot holes and nonsense, it was often just boring.

Except that he was no emo. He didn't dance for no reason, in fact he could still do his old tricks and visit Gordon at the hospital. No emo Parker talking to Connors and pretending to fall asleep to show off how evil he could be, while mischievously demanding more milk and cookies. No kitchen twist dancing, no piano and dance show. Batman, crippled and all, still wins.

The Dark Knight Trilogy had arguably the best origin story and best superhero film overall, two elite films
Spider-Man Trilogy had two great films and the worst superhero film ever, when you consider expectations and budget.
The Iron Man Trilogy had (again) arguably the best origin story, one elite film.
X-Men Trilogy had one amazing film (X2), one good movie and one horrendous movies.
Blade Trilogy had one very good film, one good film and one horrible, horrible, horrible film (Trinity).

The Dark Knight Trilogy
Spider-Man Trilogy
Iron Man Trilogy
X-Men Trilogy
Blade Trilogy

Except that he was no emo. He didn't dance for no reason, in fact he could still do his old tricks and visit Gordon at the hospital. No emo Parker talking to Connors and pretending to fall asleep to show off how evil he could be, while mischievously demanding more milk and cookies. No kitchen twist dancing, no piano and dance show. Batman, crippled and all, still wins.

We found out that he has been moping around and letting himself rot for 8 years because his girlfriend died, and then got his ass kicked by his maid. That's pretty emo. And then when he tries to get his act up he fights Bane totally unprepared and becomes a cripple trapped in a pit.

This is much worse than Peter Parker, um, playing the paino?

We found out that he has been moping around and letting himself rot for 8 years because his girlfriend died, and then got his ass kicked by his maid.

Ah, I knew you didn't remember the movie: he didn't do it because his girlfriend died. If he did, then he would have quit long before the end of TDK> Finally, that was not the maid but a professional cat burglar (while he had a broken knee). And, as for moping because of a girlfriend: Maguire's Peter is still the champion of that and being a complete social inept.

That's pretty emo.

You don't even know what "emo" means, do you?

But if you want mopey and a cryer, you know Maguire's Peter is the one. :up:

And then when he tries to get his act up he fights Bane totally unprepared and becomes a cripple trapped in a pit.

Great. The bigger the challenge for the hero, the better the story.

Unlike, say, dancing in the streets or kitchens, kissing another girl in front of your girlfriend for the kicks or showing how badass you are by talking to your teacher on the phone and pretending to fall asleep because you're just so evil.

And I'm not mentioning that shameful scene with Campbell attempting to re-capture Inspector Clouseau humor or Bernard the butler and his scene that should be a universal example of how deux ex machinas
can be the most terrible thing ever in writing.

But anyways, Spider-man has had his ass kicked in every single movie.

This is much worse than Peter Parker, um, playing the paino?

No, it's not. Playing the piano and dancing for absolutely no reason as a way of (unnecessary) comedy is just targeting a 10 year-old audience. Nothing so bad had been seen since Schumacher.

Ah, I knew you didn't remember the movie: he didn't do it because his girlfriend died.

Any other reason would be even more pathetic making this film worse.

And, as for moping because of a girlfriend: Maguire's Peter is still the champion of that and being a complete social inept.

He never does that for years in any of the films.

You don't even know what "emo" means, do you?

But if you want mopey and a cryer, you know Maguire's Peter is the one. :up:

Yeah, crying because your loved ones have died, but getting back up and not sulking around it for years makes you a "cryer"

Great. The bigger the challenge for the hero, the better the story.

The challenge was forced. There's no reason Batman should have come to Bane's lair so unprepared.

But anyways, Spider-man has had his ass kicked in every single movie.

When it happened, it wasn't stupidly forced like the fight scene in TDKR.

No, it's not. Playing the piano and dancing for absolutely no reason as a way of (unnecessary) comedy is just targeting a 10 year-old audience. Nothing so bad had been seen since Schumacher.

Unnecessary comedy > forced plot points.

Cut out all those unnecessary goofy scenes in Spider-Man 3, and you can still understand the film without losing important plot points. Cut all the stupid scenes in Dark Knight Rises and the 3/4 film is gone.

Last edited:

In fact it makes it better than any other: he takes the blame for other person's crimes so criminals prosecuted by Dent could stay in jail.

When Maguire's Peter cries, it's just Mary Jane dumping him.

Batman wins.

He never does that for years in any of the films.

Yes, he does. In Spider-man 3 he cries like a baby when MJ dumps him.

When Batman's girlfriend was brutally killed, not one tear.

Batman wins.

Yeah, crying because your loved ones have died, but getting back up and not sulking around it for years makes you a "cryer"

Without Batman and Rachel, Bruce doesn't have a reason to leave his house. Like in Miller's B:TDKR, when he quits and stays at home for ten years.

But Peter's social ineptitude lasted for three movies. At first, MJ had to defend him from bullies and the school bus driver. Then he ended up crying like a baby because she dumped him.

Batman wins.

The challenge was forced. There's no reason Batman should have come to Bane's lair so unprepared.

He went prepared as always, but not knowing Bane's potential. Anyways, it wouldn't be the first time Batman goes to save the city not knowing what he's fighting against, thinking of saving people first. Like a real hero.

Raimi's Spider-man was fooled by a villain dressed as a woman (SM1) because his spider-sense never worked right.

Batman wins.

When it happened, it wasn't stupidly forced like the fight scene in TDKR.

Batman going to catch a criminal is as forced as any other superhero doing so. It's inherent to any superhero actually.

Unnecessary comedy > forced plot points.

Nothing was forced, but even if it were, comedy based on dancing for no reason or poor Peter Sellers's impressions goes below Schumacher's bat-butt shots.

Cut out all those unnecessary goofy scenes in Spider-Man 3, and you can still understand the film without losing important plot points. Cut all the stupid scenes in Dark Knight Rises and the 3/4 film is gone.

We cut out the goofiness from SM3 we have no movie but the Sandman's birth one and (some of) the action.

Nothing more forced than harry all of a sudden remembering he wrote a whole play for MJ, or Bernard the butler, suddenly feeling the urge to tell everything just when Spider-man needs him, or Harry getting amnesia just so his conflict could be postponed a while for when Peter's "dark" side was on the scene.

Nowhere was it said that Peter was supposed to be 'evil'. That trait was added to the symbiote via the animated series, that it corrupts. In the original comic books, the issue was it was trying to bond with Peter permanently. It didn't alter his personality.

In the film, Connors tells him, it bonds, aggressively. And that it amplifies the properties of the host. The host in this case is Peter, who couldn't be evil if he tried, yet is in a dark place... and through the symbiote, has an outlet. But Peter isn't a bad person, he's just angry and frustrated at this point. A frustrated goober with a heart of gold. The symbiote is going to amplify what is going on with the host, per Connors. So he starts acting like an *******.

Yeah there's issues with the movie, big ones. And yeah the animated series representation of the symbiote has overshadowed the original and somehow became the accurate one. I definitely would have done it differently myself. But given what we are told in the movie, Symbiote Spider-Man works in its own context. And some people need to get over it.

There was a real good article written by a blogger that spelled it all out extremely well, maybe someone has the link to it.

PS, I enjoy both movies, but TDKR takes some drastic creative liberties with the character of Batman, after doing so well for 2 films. Again, some things I would have done differently, if I were in a position to do so. But in Spider-Man 3, the main character had an outside force manipulating him. In TDKR, it's all on Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:
Nowhere was it said that Peter was supposed to be 'evil'. That trait was added to the symbiote via the animated series, that it corrupts. In the original comic books, the issue was it was trying to bond with Peter permanently. It didn't alter his personality.

In the film, Connors tells him, it bonds, aggressively. And that it amplifies the properties of the host. The host in this case is Peter, who couldn't be evil if he tried, yet is it a dark place... and through the symbiote, acts with all a disregard and abandon for others in a way he never could have before.

Yeah there's issues with the movie, big ones. And yeah the animated series representation of the symbiote has overshadowed the original and somehow became the accurate one. I definitely would have done it differently myself. But given what we are told in the movie, Symbiote Spider-Man works in its own context. And some people need to get over it.

There was a real good article written by a blogger that spelled it all out extremely well, maybe someone has the link to it.

PS, I enjoy both movies, but TDKR takes some drastic creative liberties with the character of Batman, after doing so well for 2 films. Again, some things I would have done differently, if I were in a position to do so. But in Spider-Man 3, main character had an outside force manipulating him. But in TDKR, its all on Bruce Wayne.

It doesn't matter if the symbiote was different originally; the movie clearly establishes that it makes Peter evil: he kills Sandman (even when he didn't actually die, Peter wanted to kill him), slaps Mary Jane, defaces his best friend. Problem was that Raimi always approached things through some cringe-worthy kid-friendly humor, and in SM3 he went so overboard it was simply embarrassing.

I don't know why I even bothered, I know your opinion on SM3 is not favorable, and set in stone.

I for one think Spider-Man should be kid-friendly. I am glad that all the Spider-Man movies are suitable for all ages. Unlike TDKR... I feel bad for the youngsters whose parents took them to the theatre because they were hoping to see Batman in action and instead must have been borderline traumatized with all Batman has to face. Yeah its perfect for those in our age group, but these are Super Heroes at the end of the day. I don't think it's wrong for them to have a balance, that frankly Raimi and Whedon (far as I can tell) have down. I don't have to wait till my kids are 15 or something to enjoy the Raimi movies with them.

If TDKR was a worse than what it was, it would still be a lot better than SM3. Oh, and more successful, critically and financially.

It doesn't matter if the symbiote was different originally; the movie clearly establishes that it makes Peter evil: he kills Sandman (even when he didn't actually die, Peter wanted to kill him), slaps Mary Jane, defaces his best friend. Problem was that Raimi always approached things through some cringe-worthy kid-friendly humor, and in SM3 he went so overboard it was simply embarrassing.

Sandman was a murderer and escaped convict, Harry tried to kill him, and slapping MJ was an accident. If doing what he did makes him "evil" then Wolverine and Punisher are also evil.

In fact it makes it better than any other: he takes the blame for other person's crimes so criminals prosecuted by Dent could stay in jail.

When Maguire's Peter cries, it's just Mary Jane dumping him.

So he lets himself rot because his alter-ego is hunted by the police. Oh and then he quits being a hero and retires to Italy.

Spider-Man goes after Harry, and defeats him.

Spider-Man wins

He went prepared as always, but not knowing Bane's potential. Anyways, it wouldn't be the first time Batman goes to save the city not knowing what he's fighting against, thinking of saving people first. Like a real hero.

He blindly trusted a thief and walked right into a trap, that's stupid.

Raimi's Spider-man was fooled by a villain dressed as a woman (SM1) because his spider-sense never worked right.

We're comparing Spider-Man 3 with TDKR. And his Spidey sense in the films isn't the same as esp because that would be too cartoonish, it just allows him to sense coming actions. He only would have sensed a person there, not that the person would be the Green Goblin.

Spider-Man wins

Nothing was forced

Except what I meantioned, plus Blake finding out Bruce Wayne was Batman out of nowhere, Gordon sending 90% of the police force into the sewers, Batman getting stabbed by Talia but then being fine five minutes later.

We cut out the goofiness from SM3 we have no movie but the Sandman's birth one and (some of) the action.

Your opinion

Nothing more forced than harry all of a sudden remembering he wrote a whole play for MJ, or Bernard the butler, suddenly feeling the urge to tell everything just when Spider-man needs him, or Harry getting amnesia just so his conflict could be postponed a while for when Peter's "dark" side was on the scene

So you admit that the Bane scene was forced, yay we agree.

Last edited:
I had to go with the Raimi Spiderman trilogy.

I only saw the first Blade, so I can't accurately decide whether I like it the best.

Two of the 3 Iron Man movies were forgettable or just disappointing, thus I can't go with that one.

I thought the X-trilogy was enjoyable, but I never thought it any of them were the most outstanding movies I've ever seen (including the much praised X2).

That leaves the Batman trilogy and the Spiderman trilogy. In both cases, I liked two and feel lukewarm to the third. I jokingly bash SM3 a lot, but in all honesty, I can forgive some of those mistakes. I really liked what they did with Sandman. He had a lot of heart and he was a cool villain to watch. The resolution to his story was kind of dumb (oh, you're forgiven and free to roam now), but everything before the ending was cool. The Harry story had kind of a weird culmination, but it didn't drag the movie down all of that much (relatively speaking to the jazz dance scene and Venom). Speaking of Venom, I'm willing to let that go. I understand the backstory behind how they forced him into the plot. I know that those kinds of things happen all of the time. Thus, it's whatever to me now. But the dance scene and punching MJ were unforgivable. I'll never let those things slide.

On the Batman side of things, I never really cared about Batman until I started getting into Justice League. His role within that team gave me a lot of curiosity towards the character and his more personal stories. I rewatched The Dark Knight after remembering the acclaim and really, really liked it! Almost enough to call it my favorite comic book movie (but not quite). Batman Begins was also a very good time. I thought it was well put together and served as an interesting take on a classic origin story. The stinker of the bunch was TDKR which wasn't a bad movie necessarily. It is still an enjoyable watch every now and again, but it was so underwhelming and the ending was so contrived that I decided that I didn't like it. The more I thought about it after watching it the first time, the less I liked it. Batman isn't a quitter, and while I understand the rationale behind the 8-year disappearance, disappearing again right afterwards is eye-roll worthy. And Hathaway's performance as Selina Kyle was disappointing as well. It seemed like she was trying and just not hitting the mark. At all. Comparing her to past Catwoman actresses (barring Halle Berry), she did a mediocre performance.

So now it comes down to fondness of memory. Since SM was closer to my childhood and served as my gateway into superhero adoration, I give it to the Raimi trilogy. Plus, the SM2 video game is still in my top 3 favorite games I've ever played. It's excellent and has aged pretty well in my opinion.

I thought Spider-Man 3 was better than Blade Trinity, X-Men: The Last Stand, and The Dark Knight Rises but that's just me. Spidey 3 is the only reason I voted for Iron Man overall, I liked Spidey 3 but loved every Iron Man film.

Forget the plot holes and contrivances in TDKR.Peter Dances!Don't you get it?That's why SM3 sux!
That's basically all the Senator has against the movie.
ZLVu9WM.gif

If TDKR was a worse than what it was, it would still be a lot better than SM3. Oh, and more successful, critically and financially.

Different times my friend, with today's ticket prices and 3D, Spider-Man 3 would have pulled in the very least Transformers 3 numbers. At the time the franchise was quite big.

Spider Man: 8
Spider Man 2: 8
Spider Man 3: 6
X-Men: 8
X-Men 2: 8.5
X-Men: The Last Stand: 4
Blade: 7
Blade 2: 5
Blade Trinity: 2
Iron Man: 7.5
Iron Man 2: 6
Iron Man 3: 8
Batman Begins: 9
The Dark Knight: 10
The Dark Knight Rises: 9

I haad to go with the dark Knight trilogy while the Dark Knight rises Isn't quite as good as the dark knight or batman begins it's the most consent trilogy we have.

X_Men is my favorate comic book,and X2 Is one of my top 3 comic book films but the last Stand keeps It from being best Superhero trilogy.

You wanna talk about lame reasons to retire? How about Tony blowing up his billions of dollars in advanced weaponry because his girlfriend was feeling neglected.

Meh. I actually think Iron Man 3 was miles better than TDKR myself. TDKR I thought was a poor attempt at recreating Batman Begins, only as a sequel. Think of Ghostbusters II. Basically rehashed what we already saw, only in a way that made the people of Gotham look like morons (seriously, how did no one know Bruce was Batman? He comes back to life same time Batman emerges in BB, then he disappears for 8 years before remerging...same time as Batman? I mean...really guys...takes some dumb people not to notice this). Iron Man 3 at least was fresh and far more original.

While I think TDKR is a better made film than SM3 was, honestly guys...I enjoy SM3 more. Yes, Peter dances and that was stupid and it has a bunch of plotholes as well, but I enjoyed the Harry plotline and it does have powerful scenes in there (though it also has some very poor ones as well). But, I see the same mistakes in TDKR as well. Only in the case of TDKR, I felt like the movie thinks it is far more genius than it actually was. SM3 at least knew what it was and was more fun. After Bane breaks Batman, TDKR just keeps going downhill.

You wanna talk about lame reasons to retire? How about Tony blowing up his billions of dollars in advanced weaponry because his girlfriend was feeling neglected.

This is Tony Stark you're talking about. He's got billions more in the bank, and made his first suit in a cave. He designed a new suit by the time he showed up to Banners office for their little therapy session.

seriously, how did no one know Bruce was Batman? He comes back to life same time Batman emerges in BB, then he disappears for 8 years before remerging...same time as Batman? I mean...really guys...takes some dumb people not to notice this

Or a huge big freaking city where a lot of things happen at once. You, as an audience, are focused on that particular event. You, as an audience, know that Bruce is Batman, But for the people of Gotham, a crippled playboy billionaire probably doesn´t raise as much suspicion as you might think.

Plus, how many men in Gotham do you think could fit Batman´s shoes in people´s perception? Probably a lot. Probably, for them, Batman isn´t even a playboy billionaire, but someone hired and financed by the mob, the government or anybody else. Even if the films don´t talk much about it, we can easily assume that there are probably thousands of theories about Batman´s identity. Truth is though, that in real world ANY super hero would get caught much easier than in the movies.

And let´s not forget how much people complained about Blake knowing who Batman is. I think that Blake scene just proves that people actually do suspect about Bruce Wayne. But one thing is suspecting and creating stories, another thing is KNOWING. Besides Bruce, there were probably other guys that were the target of the same suspicion.

You are obviously a huge Marvel fan, and judging by your rating you think that almost anything Marvel does is amazing. But i think that some stuff that we see in the Spider-Man movies, just to give you an example, are 100x times more stupid than anything we see in Rises. Like the scene "wow, nice reflexes". She must be really dumb for not going "wow, you are not human!!!". Yes, because no human being would have done that.

But, of course, because it is a Marvel character movie, things can be stupid. Nobody cares. It´s all forgivable. Well, not to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"