Best Villian in the Spider-Man trilogy?

Genosha

Mutant Island
Reaction score
I didn't see another thread like this, so I thought I'd put one up. People can close it if its already been discussed.

I was reading an interview with Grace, Church, & Franco and they were talking about their favorite villians on film. That got me thinking what Spider-Man fans thought the best villian was in the movies so far.

Personally, I'd have to go with New Goblin. I know he's not a villian in the traditional sense, especially seeing him team up with Spidey at the end. But I just felt that his pursuit of the destruction of Spider-Man was the most frightening to watch. And as much as I liked all of the actors that portrayed the various villians in these movies, I think Franco really was numero uno.

What do you all think?

I voted for Harry (New Goblin) because he was just awesomely wicked in SM3. He was more creepy than any of the other villains, I think because he is/was Pete's friend. :up:

108.jpg

The Octopus is still my favorite. Emotional, tragic, menacing, villainous, and downright awesome.

doc ock is my favorite ever spidey villian and was done the most justice.
thank goodness I wasn't a venom fan :oldrazz:

I voted for Harry (New Goblin) because he was just awesomely wicked in SM3. He was more creepy than any of the other villains, I think because he is/was Pete's friend. :up:

You sold me. I was having a hard time choosing.

I love Doc Ock but to me, someone with real superpowers just seems more menacing.

If he had a better costume I would say Harry. Very well developed, didn't rush it but he still looked like an idiot.

Because of that, Doc Ock.

BTW I still think that saying that Harry was the new "goblin" is a mistake, he was Harry in a hover skateboard

This is tough. It's between the orignal GG and Doc Ock for me. I guess I'll just say GG1 because he needs a vote.

Yeah I did make a thread on this. Oh well.

In terms of ACTUALLY being a villain: Green Goblin.

In terms of best character overall: It's a toss-up between Sandman/New Goblin.

108.jpg

The Octopus is still my favorite. Emotional, tragic, menacing, villainous, and downright awesome.

And makes spidey 2 worth sitting through again.

Molina's casting was inspired.

BUTTERFINGERS!

doc ock is my favorite ever spidey villian and was done the most justice.
thank goodness I wasn't a venom fan :oldrazz:
What makes you say that? My username clearly indicates that I am a Venom fan, and I was supremely impressed with what Sam and Co. did with my personal favorite.

Here's how I see it. I want to say Venom...No I should be saying Venom but he was treated so badly he is near the bottom.

GG was great but doesn't get my vote.

Doc Ock was amazing, but I go with New Goblin. Franco did an amazing job. Every scene with Peter just worked so damn well. You hated the character and loved him all at the same time. He wasn't fully bad either which makes the character more intresting.

Doc ock is without a doubt the best villian in the spidey movies.He had the best story and was the biggest threat.

The Sandman. Here's why;

All the other villains, as well as they were done onscreen, were done better in the comics. The Sandman was never much of a character in the comic, but the movie elevated the character. Raimi and Church improved the Sandman.

SM3 cemented Harry as the series' best "villain." He was absolutely deliciously sinister. "So good."

However, had he a movie of his own, Grace's Venom could've easily been the best. The little he has to work with is genius. "I like being bad. It makes me happy." Absolutely awesome.

But it stands for me -

1. Harry - perfect

2. Doc Ock - a very close second

3. Venom - not enough to work with

4. Green Goblin - too many corny moments, but coupled with bits of
genius by Dafoe

5. Sandman - most visually amazing, but his tragic story was cut too brief

The Sandman. Here's why;

All the other villains, as well as they were done onscreen, were done better in the comics. The Sandman was never much of a character in the comic, but the movie elevated the character. Raimi and Church improved the Sandman.

Erh...how?

You liked harry most because he was the only character who seemed to grow. and only because of the butler's input... other than that, not impressed with the writing here. His character doesn't go insane from the goblin gas? plot hole? And the hallucinations are just never explained becaue the writers are lazy sons of guns.

The butler will probably be hobgoblin.

Doc Ock was pure awesomeness.

Norman's Green Goblin... He was just evil!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Ock and Venom, two of my favorite villians in the comics too, but Venom could have used a little more justice in 3, and Willem Dafoe was a perfect Green Goblin but the costume, arghh.

Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin was amazing. Gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"