Best Villian in the Spider-Man trilogy?

Doc Ock is my favorite, but Dafoe as GG was the best in the trillogy. He was nearly exactly portrayed as he was in the comics, and that infamous "mirror" scene is one of the best bits of acting in any film, superhero or not.

I think Venom is. He was freakin vicious and pretty much kicked the crap out of Spidey. However,I must admit that Raimi didn't give him the screen time he needed. After Venom,my vote would go to Doc Ock. Molina played him so very well. He was bad,but not over the top and cartoony like Dafoe's Goblin was(although I still liked his performance).

"Over the top and cartoony"? He murdered an entire board of executives!

Not to mention the fact that this is SPIDER-MAN, if you want moody, melodramatic villains, go to Batman. Spider-Man's villains are SUPPOSED to be cartoony.

My vote goes to Green Goblin, he was evil. The others wern't (cept for Venom, but i'm about to get too that).

If 'The Symbiote' was an option I would have voted for it because it was by far the most evil and powerfull thing Peter has faced. And it did the most to him.

For example:

It made him violent, agressive towards citizens and MJ (No other villan can say that).

It made him intentionally try to kill two Villains, completely going against Spidey's morals etc and making him try to commit murder (even if he failed both times but thought he did when he tried to kill sandman and harry).

It took over Eddie Brock and created one fo the strongest villains spidey has ever faced. Spidey got royally owned by Venom in his fights untill he remembered sound.

It killed Harry, Peters best friend. (No other villain can say that)

It also did what every other villain has done...Kidnapped and endagered MJ. Heck it even ( in a sence ) hit her ( Made Peter do it ).

anywho, just my thoughts.

Can't decide. I like em all except for Venom and Goblin jr. Venom just wasn't given enough time and I hated the Goblinjr. outfit.
I'm leaning towards GreenGoblin though.

Can't decide. I like em all except for Venom and Goblin jr. Venom just wasn't given enough time and I hated the Goblinjr. outfit.
I'm leaning towards GreenGoblin though.
So you completely ignored the complexity of New Goblin just because you hated the suit? That's reasonable.

Hi,

My vote goes to Doctor Octopus, because he was the most developed and interesting villain.

I never understood what made the Green Goblin Spiderman's greatest foe (in the movie series). So what if he learned Spiderman's secret identity? He didn't put it to any good use. He only scared Aunt May and since Raimi didn't pull a "Gwen Stacy" (from the comics), Mary Jane didn't die on the bridge sequence. And Doc Oc DID NOT know Peter was Spiderman, and he still got to kidnap Mary Jane just as well, so what difference does knowing Spiderman's secret ID make? Not much, according to the movie-verse of Spiderman.

The Sandman could have been the movie trilogy's BEST villain, but he was underdeveloped. Still, he seemed near invincible (in all his fights with Spiderman, Spiderman kinda got knocked around quit a bit - and "dark" Spiderman didn't kill Sandman by drowning him, so Sandman was basically invincible)

I thought all were well done, but Sandman was boring and his arc incomplete, yet you have no desire to see him again since he isn't evil at all. And Venom was well done, probably my favorite visually yet was underdeveloped.

I voted for Ock because I really enjoy his performance and he is my favorite in the comics. The arms visually were amazing. But the two Goblins, Especially Willem Dafoe who was the best part of the first movie, had better reasons for attacking pete and kidnapping MJ. Though all the villains just kidnapped MJ to get Spider man to "come out and play". Goblin was the only one who made an actual attempt on her life.

So you completely ignored the complexity of New Goblin just because you hated the suit? That's reasonable.
I hated the new goblin, I didn't hate Harry.
My favorite fight scene was infact evil Peter vs Harry at the mansion.

PF_312012_999~Green-Goblin-Posters.jpg

That was actually one of my favorite villain costumes in the trilogy. One of the best characterizations, too. Dafoe was great as Norman. Second favorite goes to Sandman, and what he could've been. Next comes Harry, then finally Doctor Octopus.

For me in terms of character development and everything else Doc Ock. and Molina played him perfectly. However I think that if the lizard is done as well as doc ock was he could steal the first place easily.

Goblin was the only one who made an actual attempt on her life.

Venom was gonna let her die. anyway id have to say goblin first just because i love Dafoe

1. Green Goblin
2. a tie between Doc Ock and Harry, i just loved Francos acting in this one
3. Venom
4. Sandman

Doc Ock is great because he was a fully fleshed out character, who had a great arc, which is more then i can say for any spider-man 3 villain, except for harry, but i think harry could have been done better regardless.

Honestly, Ock gets my vote hands down, no question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"