Best Villian in the Spider-Man trilogy?

The Green Goblin. Doc Ock wasn't really out to get Spidey, he just kept running into him as did Sandman. Venom didn't have enough screen adaption for me to make a good judgment on him but the Goblin; his sole purpose was to turn Spidey to the 'dark-side' or kill him if he refused. Plus he knew Spidey identity and was inbedded into his family/Friends network (Aunt May, MJ and Harry)

As much as i still hate that suit, character wise, he's been the best villan of the 3.

PF_312012_999~Green-Goblin-Posters.jpg

Exactly...Norman and Venom were the only evil villains in the trilogy.

So what?

Darth Vader showed redemption at the end, and that didn't make him any less a compelling villain. Even Norman had sympathy elements. His company being stolen from him by greedy board members. "Peter, don't tell Harry", indicating he's ashamed of what he's done and doesn't want Harry to live with it.

Brock came off as the stereotypical jerk with very little dimension, IMO. He was boring.

Octopus by far.

Sandman could be next buit Raimi blew it.

Green Goblin could have been great but Raimi blew it again with that ugly cheap plastic mask over Dafoe's perfect face in the best scenes and the poor motivation for the character.

The rest... never.

Doc Ock of course second is the green Goblin then the rest.....

So what?

Darth Vader showed redemption at the end, and that didn't make him any less a compelling villain. Even Norman had sympathy elements. His company being stolen from him by greedy board members. "Peter, don't tell Harry", indicating he's ashamed of what he's done and doesn't want Harry to live with it.

Brock came off as the stereotypical jerk with very little dimension, IMO. He was boring.
I didn't say it was a bad thing...it's just the truth.

1. New Goblin

2. Venom

3. Doctor Octopus

4. Sandman

5. The Green Goblin

Ock may be the better screen translation, but the Green Goblin is still the evilest! :hyper:

The butler will probably be hobgoblin.

Although I know Toomes is Vulture, everytime I saw the butler (Bernard?) I thought, "He's gonna be Vulture."

Or maybe it's just his big ears that made me think of Vulture. :woot:

As much as I loved Alfred Molina
Dafoe's Green Goblin gets my vote

I didn't think Sandman was much of a villain and Venom was only there for like 3 minutes. Harry was alright, but nowhere near as good as Doc Ock or GG.

This is a hard one. Ock was one of the best visually and had a good character, Norman's was one you just loved to hate, and Harry had the build up and the whole feeling of brothers fighting one another.

I think I'm going with Harry, he far improved on the standards I had set for him. The scene with him in the resturant was wonderful.

"How's the pie?"
"So good." And then the wink. That was right up there with "Butterfingers" for me. Those were some of the best villian quotes in movies.

Venom is the best!!!. he not only kicked Spideys butt, but he also looks awesome and is a very challenging Villian. not to mention that he's sadaistic and didn't care that he Stabbed harry with Harrys own glider which is truly awesome!.

74890353vf0ci1.gif

1.) Harry Osborn's Goblin
2.) Green Goblin
3.) Doctor Octopus
4.) Venom
5.) Sandman

-R

I chose Harry's New Goblin, but it's kind of a complex vote, and here's why:
Harry was, of course, a villian in SM3. I really can't explain it. I voted for him because as you're watching the movie, you're pulling for Spidey, obviously. And then you've got Harry, who has sworn himself against Spidey...But I personally loved the scenes with Peter and Harry when Harry's memory was on vacation, and I wanted to cheer (but didn't out of fear of embarassment) when Harry showed up at the construction site.

I truly loved Dafoe's Goblin out of all the villains, but Harry gets my vote. If you can decipher what I'm trying to say up there, you can see why.

Sorry for any confusion/rambling.

Well the obvious choice is between Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

Spider-Man 2 was slightly better than SM1 overall, but I didn't like the changes that were made to Ock's character and motivation (ie: a loving wife and AI tentacles). I think I have to give the edge to Green Goblin despite the controversial Goblin armor. Outside of the armor, GG's character was the most faithful to the comics and the most villainous.

So what?

That's just it, Vader turned good at the end. GG and Venom never turned good. They both died being evil without any redemption.

As for me, my vote goes to Venom because he was so cool to see on the big screen.

You liked harry most because he was the only character who seemed to grow. and only because of the butler's input... other than that, not impressed with the writing here.

when did you become entitled to tell people what there opinion is and where that opinion came from...

His character doesn't go insane from the goblin gas? plot hole? And the hallucinations are just never explained becaue the writers are lazy sons of guns.

The butler will probably be hobgoblin.

as far as this goes, yea...he never jumped out of the chamber and choked slammed anyone but i still thought it was very clear harry had some serious issues. as far as the hallucinations go, they appeared when harry started drinking, thus mixed with his serum/drug i would assume would cause a hallucination much like it can in real life, do you need the movie to explain every little detail, it was already established at the end of SM2 that harry hallucinated, there were plenty of other things that needed explaining in this movie (and im not saying that they all got it, but there were plenty more)

:edit:
I am not changing my post, because I feel this way, but after a second read, it is slightly harsh and I apologize.

It goes GG, Doc Ock... and the rest don't count as far as I'm concerned. Sandman and Venom were handled horrendously in my mind, and James Franco just can't play a villain to save his life.

It's between new goblin and green goblin...

sandman fluctuated from being a great threat to no threat to a great threat to no threat and that was pretty bad. Infact i dont even know why he agreed to work with venom in the battle royale, his main motivation should have been getting money for his kid, spidey was never his main concern, mainly an obstacle in his way. Surely he can't be pissed with spidey because he turned him into mud, puh-lease...

Venom was no threat what so ever and probably the worst of the franchise

Ock lite just wasnt menacing enough for me, not only was he flawed as a scientist but he was also driven by artificial intelligence and reverted back to good.

New goblin would have won because he had the decency to play mind games with peter, unfortunately in two battles he lost them both pretty easily by both version of pete. He should have held his own more in the last film. I would say though that he had the best motivation for attacking spidey out of all the other villains which i feel was important.

And Mr Dafoe himself managed to do the deed. His mirror scenes are legendary, his costume sucks but his demeanor and method were still cunning. He's the only character who's BEATEN UP SPIDEY, the rest have never really phased him. He attacked MJ, his aunt, burnt a building in to tempt him, kidnapped him and tried to get him to his side, gave him an impossible choice to make on the bridge, bullied him, blew him up and beat the living **** out of him with that awesome goblin uppercut (best hit of the entire franchise). And in the face of defeat, he didn't cower like venom or go straight like ock/new goblin or sandman, he was evil through and through. Plus he inspired others to exact revenge on his behalf.

Venom, with about 30/40 mins more screen time, could have been the CB movie villain to end ALL CB movie villains. As it was, he was a bit of a dissapointment.

Doc Ock was the best for me, he just oozed menace, but at the same time was sympathetic. The original Goblin runs him close for 1st spot, and Harry is a close 3rd:

1) Doctor Octopus

2) Green Goblin

3) Goblin Jnr

4) Venom

5) Sandman

Its interesting to go back to the first film and really savor DeFoe's performance.
He was quite good.

Still makes me wonder why Raimi didn't use make-up or prosthetics for the Goblin outfit.
I would've thought, given his background with Evil Dead, he would've headed in that direction.

Oh well, I was a little surprised there wasn't some Evil Dead influence in the way Venom was presented as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"