Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

Good to see Lynne Breaking Bad. That will be a fun story.

Good episode. The interactions between the Jens was great. Good to see Odell alive. So he can be killed again. Overall, a fun diversion from the main storyline. I wonder if Jen being a bunch of light balls when the wave hit is going to cause problems.

lol thats ffricked upall that happened in earth 1. Timelines a bt wonky but I assume earth 2 destruction shown in arrow was coincides with when that episode of backlightnign takes place.

What's this about Gen Earth 1 and Jinn Earth 2? Does Black Lightning exist on Earth 1 and 2 in addition to his own earth? But Earth 2 was already destroyed in Arrow. And we've never seen BL on Flash and Arrow's earth before.

What's this about Gen Earth 1 and Jinn Earth 2? Does Black Lightning exist on Earth 1 and 2 in addition to his own earth? But Earth 2 was already destroyed in Arrow. And we've never seen BL on Flash and Arrow's earth before.
Earth-1 Black Lightning and Thunder were de-powered by Gen, then Jefferson was murdered.

Earth-2 Black Lightning was murdered by Jinn.

You guys realise of course, that there's nobody named Jinn on this show. It's Jen, or Jennifer. :p

Yikes! This week's lead-in to Crisis had one "Huuuuuuuu!!!" too many.

I think the show's marketing focus groups must be messing with them.

I’m behind the times - I only just finished season 2. I really liked the first season. But being as this is the CW, I was anticipating an inevitable “sophomore slump.” Not the case. S2 was really good!

IMO, Black Lightning measures up to the best of the Marvel/Netflix shows. And it’s conspicuously superior to anything in the Arrowverse.

I’m behind the times - I only just finished season 2. I really liked the first season. But being as this is the CW, I was anticipating an inevitable “sophomore slump.” Not the case. S2 was really good!

IMO, Black Lightning measures up to the best of the Marvel/Netflix shows. And it’s conspicuously superior to anything in the Arrowverse.
Aside from Flash season 1, I would agree that Black Lightning's seasons are stronger than any other in the Arrowverse.

Similar in quality would be Arrow seasons 2 and 5, but that's it.

I mean, Season 2 kind of slumped a bit toward the end, but it kept up the quality better than most of the CW shows.

I think it helps that they aren't exactly trying to get a new big bad each season. The big villains are pretty much a constant presence in the show, even if the details shift.

Still, we need more "people on the street" news reactions.

I mean, Season 2 kind of slumped a bit toward the end, but it kept up the quality better than most of the CW shows.

I think it helps that they aren't exactly trying to get a new big bad each season. The big villains are pretty much a constant presence in the show, even if the details shift.

Still, we need more "people on the street" news reactions.
It helps that Black Lightning knocked it out of the park with their Tobias Whale casting and writing.

Only Reverse Flash and Deathstroke have anywhere close to a comparable amount of Arrowverse villain swag.

Not surprised but yay. They'll almost certainly get a Season 5 after which I say spin off Thunder or Lightning.

I’m not surprised, though depending how the Crisis event wraps, I’m intrigued to see how they’re going to go with this, where (which Earth) it’ll be set, and who’ll remember what.

Not surprised but yay. They'll almost certainly get a Season 5 after which I say spin off Thunder or Lightning.
I wouldn't be surprise if we get a Outsiders spin off show at some point in the future starring either Thunder or Lightning.

That's far from a certainty.

Black Lightning is already the lowest rated of the DCTV shows and it's the second youngest after Batwoman. And also working against it is its low episode count; it's far away from the traditional targets that networks try to get shows to in order to be attractive for syndication and streaming outlets. They're only going to be at 45 episodes after this season and the goal is 100+.

They're launching Stargirl this year, and probably two more Arrowverse shows in the fall. They only have so many timeslots.

I hope Black Lightning continues because in my opinion it's the strongest of the shows from a creative standpoint, but they're going to have to end some of these shows sooner than later. My money is on both Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow being announced as final seasons at the May upfronts, but I hope I'm wrong.

That's far from a certainty.

Black Lightning is already the lowest rated of the DCTV shows and it's the second youngest after Batwoman. And also working against it is its low episode count; it's far away from the traditional targets that networks try to get shows to in order to be attractive for syndication and streaming outlets. They're only going to be at 45 episodes after this season and the goal is 100+.

They're launching Stargirl this year, and probably two more Arrowverse shows in the fall. They only have so many timeslots.

I hope Black Lightning continues because in my opinion it's the strongest of the shows from a creative standpoint, but they're going to have to end some of these shows sooner than later. My money is on both Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow being announced as final seasons at the May upfronts, but I hope I'm wrong.

That's why I said "almost" but this is the same network that has renewed Dynasty, Charmed, and All American who barely bring in any viewers and is probably cheaper than LoT. It'll likely be fine.

Move Jeff over to Legends (keep the show - it’s nonsense fun) and then move his daughters to an Outsiders spinoff with Roy & Kitana, maybe some others too.

Moving Jeff to Legends removes his strongest stories. Horrible idea.
If they're going to cancel his show, I'd rather him stick around on a show like Legends than be lost to us.

The alternative, is to put him in the Outsiders, but then if he's placed in such a show with his daughters, it'll essentially be Black Lighting 2.0. If they're going to cancel the Black Lightning show, but wish to keep one or some of the characters, an ensemble type show is going to need to take place.

If they're going to cancel his show, I'd rather him stick around on a show like Legends than be lost to us.

The alternative, is to put him in the Outsiders, but then if he's placed in such a show with his daughters, it'll essentially be Black Lighting 2.0. If they're going to cancel the Black Lightning show, but wish to keep one or some of the characters, an ensemble type show is going to need to take place.

They'd probably cancel LoT before BL tbh. It's much more expensive to produce.

I'm telling y'all, they're probably gonna cancel both Black Lightning AND Legends next year. Akil said from the start he only had three seasons worth of story ideas, his wife just signed a big deal with Fox, and again, it's the lowest rated WB produced show on the network.

There are lower-rated shows from CBS but the CW has to have a minimum number of CBS shows at all times. Black Lightning is presently 9th out of 12 shows and yet-to-premiere shows like Legends and the 100 will probably push it farther down that list.

Rewatching Earth Crisis and it’s kinda funny that Odell is a piece of **** in the other universes as well. Anyway really glad this got renewed along with the other Arrowverse shows too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"