Black Panther's ROTTEN TOMATOES thread - Part 1

Back up to 97%.

And still not a single rotten among the top critics.

Hope it can stay that way :yay:

300/311 now, the 11th rotten just came in. Down to 96% for the first time. Would need 4 fresh reviews to go back up to 97%.

What's the exact average rating right now? It dropped to 8.2, but should be at the cusp of 8.3 given the latest three reviews (two perfects and a 9/10).

What's the exact average rating right now? It dropped to 8.2, but should be at the cusp of 8.3 given the latest three reviews (two perfects and a 9/10).
8.2276. Would need 3 more perfect scores in a row to go up to 8.3, so it'll probably stay at 8.2 now.

One of those last 2 perfect scores didn't affect the rating btw, because it was already counted. His review from another publication got removed(identical review) and this one was added in its place.

Highest tomato score for any CBM, wild!
It's also the highest ranked movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. It beats out Citizen Kane, Godfather, etc.

I dunno, this is getting a bit overblown now.

[YT]kc-QGwvz03Y[/YT]

It's also the highest ranked movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes. It beats out Citizen Kane, Godfather, etc.

[YT]kc-QGwvz03Y[/YT]

bruh

people are just going to call this movie overrated for the rest of time

including me

[YT]kc-QGwvz03Y[/YT]

You do understand that Rotten Tomatoes is the "thumps up or thumps down" of Sikel and Ebert's TV show on a giant scale. All C's is better in their system than all A's except for one F.

[YT]kc-QGwvz03Y[/YT]

Paddington 2 is also considered a top ten RT movie.

Which anyone who knows anything about RT will use the average rating for any all time ranking.

What's overblown is the ignorance that gets spread so easily these days.

We have a Dark Knight situation here. Amazing reviews. Huge box office. I don’t see how this doesn’t get nominated for Best Picture. The whole point of expanding to 10 nominees was in reaction to TDK not being nominated.

[YT]kc-QGwvz03Y[/YT]

The Tomatometer is just an aggregator of one aspect of individual reviews rather than an overall view so it's not really saying BP is best. I doubt any of the reviews claim BP is anything close to being the best ever film and getting close to 100% doesn't even necessarily mean you have a top film, never mind best of all time. Toy Story has one rotten review across the whole trilogy and would otherwise be absolutely unbeatable as a trilogy on Tomatometer but that claim is never made. If this were based on the average rating then some claims would make sense but otherwise it's just saying which film has the most 'at least ok' results. Having more and more 'at least ok' results says nothing about getting to the top of filmmaking. Also when you aim for the top you sometimes have to take risks which increases the chances that a couple of reviewers will be put off by the downside portion of that risk (like TDK).

Last edited:
good thing it's a good movie and not a great movie then :mnm:

Depends who you ask.

The closest we have to an objective answer is critical consensus (sorry your opinion has less weight here).

And critics consider it a top 5 MCU movie based on the average rating (8.1-8.2).

Depends who you ask.

The closest we have to an objective answer is critical consensus (sorry your opinion has less weight here).

And critics consider it a top 5 MCU movie based on the average rating (8.1-8.2).

you told me to knock myself out calling it overrated so i did again with a joke

you then make a water wet comment

are you ok my friend?

It's simply an algorithm arranged ranking, a ranking which will change over time anyway. Just to put a spotlight on a record-breaking and important movie.

The movie has an 8.2 rating. Relax. Its not being overrated.

Complain if it had an 8.9 rating or a 98 metacritic.

We have a Dark Knight situation here. Amazing reviews. Huge box office. I don’t see how this doesn’t get nominated for Best Picture. The whole point of expanding to 10 nominees was in reaction to TDK not being nominated.

Because it's a superhero movie and it's been shown time and time against they don't give a ****.

i mentioned overrated so u talking to me?

I mean on RT top 100 movies as the video was saying, like I think the RT formula overrates it since I don't think it's near the greatest movie of all time

and it has the highest rating on metacritic for a superhero movie right?

just what I think guys

5wZdQMI.png

Do I think Black Panther will get an Oscar nom for best picture? No probably not. However because the times we live in and if there is a situation where #oscarsowhite can show it’s ugly head again after the top eight or so movies not one minority’s film is picked, you bet your ass this gets nominated.

People just don’t seem to get the tomato meter. It having an 8.2 is the indicator of its quality.

The top critics and meta critic score is even more impressive. Is there any other superhero movie that’s within the same ballpark?

you told me to knock myself out calling it overrated so i did again with a joke

you then make a water wet comment

are you ok my friend?

When did I say I would stop debating BP's quality?

Wth do you mean "water wet comment"?

Were you dropped on the head, "bruh"?

i mentioned overrated so u talking to me?

I mean on RT top 100 movies as the video was saying, like I think the RT formula overrates it since I don't think it's near the greatest movie of all time

and it has the highest rating on metacritic for a superhero movie right?

just what I think guys

5wZdQMI.png

I personally don't like SM2.

I think the actors are annoying, it's cringey af and and it doesn't have an ounce of the depth of TDK or BP.

Does that mean the movie doesn't deserve to be highly praised by critics, fanboys and movie goers?

No clearly I have an unpopular opinion and it resonates with people.

You might as well yell at clouds for being above your head.

Current score.

Attachments

• Black Panther Rotten Tomatoes.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 13
lol if thor ragnarok can get 92% (since we're using aggregates as an indication of quality because apparently some of us here are blind) then BP sure as hell better get a higher score than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"