Black Panther's ROTTEN TOMATOES thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Armond's hasn't been added yet? So we have another guaranteed negative to come? :csad:
Yes. So if you count his, it would need to get a total of 312 fresh reviews(62 more) get back up to 98%. So a 98% final rating seems out of reach now.

Looks like you'll have to lower your expectations to 97%. The first world problems are real :p

Yes. So if you count his, it would need to get a total of 312 fresh reviews(62 more) get back up to 98%. So a 98% final rating seems out of reach now.

Looks like you'll have to lower your expectations to 97%. The first world problems are real :p

Life is hard. :woot:

Thanks for the numbers :up:

I don't think you two should consider it as a problem.

Its a nice rt rating. No Marvel Movie even got 97% after 200 reviews in except for this one.

AUDIENCE SCORE
76%
liked it

Average Rating: 4/5
User Ratings: 44,804

That is not the score I hoped to see.

The same trolls from IMDB are behind this I’m sure, but they won’t succeed because BP is a great movie on its own and more positive reviews will eventually drown out these negative ones.

I look forward to the articles pointing out this telegraphed discrepancy in scores and RT's corporate spin in response (protect their increasingly tarnished brand). Either way, nobody will believe it now.

Last edited:

Its a nice rt rating. No Marvel Movie even got 97% after 200 reviews in except for this one.
We weren't being serious(hence the clown emoji). We were making fun out of the complaints because we are well aware that it's ridiculous to complain about a 97% RT rating lol

252/259 = 97.2973%

The same trolls from IMDB are behind this I’m sure, but they won’t succeed because BP is a great movie on its own and more positive reviews will eventually drown out these negative ones.
it's being heavily affected by those who voted before the film ever came out and who either never voted before or are clearly DCEU fans with their mentioning of hating Disney/Marvel.

I guess this possibility is the more likely scenario right now.

I did see them and remember them, at least I hope it's more of this than the case with the Last Jedi.

But I wanted 105%!! :(:csad:

Damn, 2 more rottens!

254/263 now

And down to 8.2!

At least that's Armond White's review out of the way.

256/265 now(96.60%). The average rating is at 8.249, so it's right on the edge between 8.2 and 8.3 atm.

Yep
Orr from the Atlantic wrote another positive. Hasn't been posted to RT or Metacritic yet.

Another top critic gave it an A- as well.

Edit: The A- was also added to Metacritic for 91. So still holding on at 88 overall.

A 5/5 score just pushed the average rating back up to 8.3 (8.258)

It'll probably keep switching up and down for a while.

New Yorker's top critic positive review just got added.

Will have to wait to see the metacritic score to see what was added.

Yep
Orr from the Atlantic wrote another positive. Hasn't been posted to RT or Metacritic yet.

Another top critic gave it an A- as well.

Edit: The A- was also added to Metacritic for 91. So still holding on at 88 overall.

Yay! Glad Orr wrote a review as well. He's fantastic.

At least that's Armond White's review out of the way.

256/265 now(96.60%). The average rating is at 8.249, so it's right on the edge between 8.2 and 8.3 atm.

A 5/5 score just pushed the average rating back up to 8.3 (8.258)

It'll probably keep switching up and down for a while.

Ah, good to know. Looks like it's going to be a close finish between those 2 levels. Could be same for 96% and 97% as it can't really afford more rottens.

I’m hoping it’ll end up no lower than 97% on RT, but we still have another 100 reviews to go right?

Yay! Glad Orr wrote a review as well. He's fantastic.

Black Panther Is More Than a Superhero Movie
https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...2/black-panther-review/553508/?utm_source=twb

I'm going to wait until its posted to MC to read it.
I’m hoping it’ll end up no lower than 97% on RT, but we still have another 100 reviews to go right?

Depends. TR had 321. Logan topped out at 328. Wonder Woman had 366 reviews...

BP is now at 272.

Amazing how those negatives all come at the end! Lol gotta get the site traffic up. 4 negatives today.

265/274 now

Back up to 97% and 8.3

I think this is going to end up at 96 now. Its going to be hard to hold on to a 97. With it being at 281 reviews and with it having 9 rotten reviews it needs 17 of the next 19 to be fresh for it to be at 97 after 300 reviews and that is rounding up to 97. We also may still have another 80 reviews or so to go and right now its like just holding onto its 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"