Black Widow at the Box Office!

Box Office Pro is predicting a $77M opening weekend and a range of anywhere between $65M and $90M.

What makes this more interesting is that the film will be out in D+ in the same day as the theaterical release. I'm not a fan of this D+ premium/HBO Max strategy. WW84 imo definitely loss a lot of potential boX office numbers (and they should have delayed it to a better month, like if it was released this month, it would have earned so much than 48 million in America).

So Black Widow doing more than 50 million in 3 days would be amazing especially there's an option to just watch it @ home.

Does that also include a global projection as well?
Nope. They just forecast domestic opening weekend and total.

By the way, their range for domestic total is anywhere from $155M-$225M.

If BW wasn’t also made available on Disney Plus I would go bold enough to predict BW makes over 100 million OW. Now I see it making somewhere around the 75-85 million range - which is still pretty good and yet another signal that moviegoing’s heart is still beating in the pandemic era

I have a feeling that this Delta variant would really have an effect on the numbers, at least in North America. With an option to watch this @ home, if cases go really high in the next two weeks, this isn't going to get numbers like The Quiet Place Part 2.

I have a feeling that this Delta variant would really have an effect on the numbers, at least in North America. With an option to watch this @ home, if cases go really high in the next two weeks, this isn't going to get numbers like The Quiet Place Part 2.
IF!

Making only 7 million more than F9 opening weekend is way too low.

85+ m wouldn't shock me at all.

Fast And Furious 9 opened to 70 million. I think that bodes quite well for BW which without question will open higher. If this movie was theater exclusive, I think it would make over 100 million. Since it’s getting a dual streaming theatrical release, I think I’ll be more conservative and say this makes around the higher end of 80 million, or the lower end of 90 million mark opening weekend.

Fast And Furious 9 opened to 70 million. I think that bodes quite well for BW which without question will open higher. If this movie was theater exclusive, I think it would make over 100 million. Since it’s getting a dual streaming theatrical release, I think I’ll be more conservative and say this makes around the higher end of 80 million, or the lower end of 90 million mark opening weekend.
While you are probably right about the conservative estimate,Disney is very prudent to keep that Disney Plus option open.Especially, with that nasty Delta Variant out there. After all, people have to see the film, SOMEHOW!

While you are probably right about the conservative estimate,Disney is very prudent to keep that Disney Plus option open.Especially, with that nasty Delta Variant out there. After all, people have to see the film, SOMEHOW!
I'm sad to say even though I will NOT be contributing to the boX office numbers of a MCU film for the first time as theaters in my city are still closed, despite 20% of the population in my city already been vaccinated.

I'm sad to say even though I will NOT be contributing to the boX office numbers of a MCU film for the first time as theaters in my city are still closed, despite 20% of the population in my city already been vaccinated.
Do you have access to Disney Plus?

So sorry to hear that.
Can you at least watch YouTube clips from the film?
I definitely know where to watch haha so I'm not worried about missing out.

I just prefer to be watching these movies in the big screen. But there's no hope for that as 10 days is coming so soon.

Does Black Widow open early in any country where theaters are open?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"