The Dark Knight BOF Report 4/17

NOFX said:
I live in So-Cal and there are almost riots at his movie premire!!! None for Jude Law! :cool:

That's because Jude Law's movies are awful.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
That's because Jude Law's movies are awful.
Road To Perdition and Cold Mountain is better than anything Jake has done! And I like to add that Jude Law has 2 oscar nominations to only Jake one!

NOFX said:
Road To Perdition and Cold Mountain is better than anything Jake has done!

Yeah, everyone loves those films. :confused:

Brokeback Mountain (which to be honest, I have not seen) got quite a few Oscar nominations. He also managed to make the otherwise rediculous Bubbleboy watchable.

Forget Law. Next thing you know you'll want Green Day to make a cameo as The Joker's henhcmen.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Yeah, everyone loves those films. :confused:

Brokeback Mountain (which to be honest, I have not seen) got quite a few Oscar nominations. He also managed to make the otherwise rediculous Bubbleboy watchable.

Forget Law. Next thing you know you'll want Green Day to make a cameo as The Joker's henhcmen.
Dont be mad because I owned your ass in this thread and the punk thread. And yes everyone loves Road To perdition because this being a comic book fourm and that movie being one the best comic book movie films! :up:

Mister J said:
Maybe Guy Pearce is the new Joker candidate. He did get some run early on as a possible choice for Dent.
I was thinking just last night as I watched my TiVo'd recording of LA Confidential that Pearce might be a good guy for the role. Not a classic joker face, but the guy is a very talented actor and I think would do the part justice.

if Gyllenhaal gets casted as Joker i'll be flabergasted...

...watching him go nuts on that one dude in Jarhead gave me confidence that he would be a great Joker.

Joker = Steve Buscemi.

At first I though Christopher Eccleson? He was rumored as the Scarecrow, which is a role in a previous Batfilm...but then I saw that it was for BATMAN II.

So I'm going to guess that the new "contender" has to be one of these:

1. Hugh Jackman (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
2. Josh Lucas (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
3. Guy Pierce (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
4. Jude Law (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
5. Jake Gyllenhaal (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
6. Phillip Seymore Hofman (Rumored as Penguin)
7. Ray Liota (Rumored as Moroni)
8. Bob Hoskins (Rumored as Penguin and Mob Boss Maroni)
9. Brad Dourif (Rumored as Doctor Jerimiah Arkham)
10. Liev Schreiber (Rumored as Harvey Dent/ Two-face)

These are the males that have been rumored to have parts that are not the Joker in the BATMAN BEGINS' sequel.

As for the dropped Joker canidate, I'm going to have to say it's Bettany.

FRONTRUNNERS
1. Lachy Hulme
2. Paul Bettany
----------------
3. Hugo Weaving
4. Jude Law
5. Micheal Keaton

Paul is probably looking to not be type casted...he's been the villain in I believe 3 or 4 films in a row now.

-R

Robin91939 said:
At first I though Christopher Eccleson? He was rumored as the Scarecrow, which is a role in a previous Batfilm...but then I saw that it was for BATMAN II.

So I'm going to guess that the new "contender" has to be one of these:

1. Hugh Jackman (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
2. Josh Lucas (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
3. Guy Pierce (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
4. Jude Law (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
5. Jake Gyllenhaal (Rumored as Harvey Dent/Two-Face)
6. Phillip Seymore Hofman (Rumored as Penguin)
7. Ray Liota (Rumored as Moroni)
8. Bob Hoskins (Rumored as Penguin and Mob Boss Maroni)
9. Brad Dourif (Rumored as Doctor Jerimiah Arkham)
10. Liev Schreiber (Rumored as Harvey Dent/ Two-face)

These are the males that have been rumored to have parts that are not the Joker in the BATMAN BEGINS' sequel.

As for the dropped Joker canidate, I'm going to have to say it's Bettany.

FRONTRUNNERS
1. Lachy Hulme
2. Paul Bettany
----------------
3. Hugo Weaving
4. Jude Law
5. Micheal Keaton

Paul is probably looking to not be type casted...he's been the villain in I believe 3 or 4 films in a row now.

-R

I'd say right now he isn't really being typecast as a villian. Yes he will be the villian in DaVinci Code, and was a villian in Firewall, but you also have his roles in Wimbledon and Master and Commander.

Although, you are right that there is a very strong chance that whoever is cast as the Joker, has a strong chance of being typecast as a villian/crazy person for the rest of their career, no matter what else they have done.

I'll tell you what I think . . . I think Bettany is definitely OUT, and I think that they're going to look at Christopher Ecclesten as another possible Joker candidate . . . this is interesting; I think Ecclesten is much better suited as the Joker than Bettany, and if it were Ecclesten and Hulme, It'd make it a hard choice

Ecclesten was up for the role of Scarecrow before Murphy nabbed it . . .

Robin91939 said:

Awwwww . . . I didn't realize it was for THIS film . . . now I fuackin confused!

Question for you all . . . I can't seem to be able to get to Batman On Film at all . . . it's like it's disappeared as an option when I search . . . . anyone else experiencing this!!??

NOFX said:
Dont be mad because I owned your ass in this thread and the punk thread. And yes everyone loves Road To perdition because this being a comic book fourm and that movie being one the best comic book movie films! :up:

You owned crap NOFX. This debate is not over.

Gyllenhaal > Law, Green Day and you

ANTHONYNASTI said:
You owned crap NOFX. This debate is not over.

Gyllenhaal > Law, Green Day and you
Thats your best response after I just owned your azz!!! Now that I own your azz I highly recommend that Gyllenhal should be the one owning your azz like he did in Brokeback!

I wouldn't mind seeing Josh Lucas be one of the contenders . . . ever since I saw him in Wonderland, I thought he'd be good . . . I'm still for Hulme, though

DV8 said:
Question for you all . . . I can't seem to be able to get to Batman On Film at all . . . it's like it's disappeared as an option when I search . . . . anyone else experiencing this!!??

Check your Internet Option on above Tools

NOFX said:
Thats your best response after I just owned your azz!!! Now that I own your azz I highly recommend that Gyllenhal should be the one owning your azz like he did in Brokeback!

Are you implying that I'm gay, NOFX.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Are you implying that I'm gay, NOFX.
No, Im implying that Gyllenhaal owns your ****ing azz! :supes:

I hope it's Bettany that isn't in the running anymore. I'm at the point that I despise the prospect of him playing Joker.

Robin91939 said:
-R

Christopher Eccleston as Joker would be great and as you said Nolan obviously considered him as Scarecrow why not as Joker too?

I think Christopher Eccleston would make have made a great Dr. Crane/ Scarecrow. He to me looks more like Dr.Crane than Cillian Murphy. Nothing against Cillian he's great actor, but I think that if Eccleston is cast as the Joker I wouldn't be dissapointed. I read The Long halloween and he looks just like the Joker who's in that. My first choice is still Lachy Hulme and second would proably be Chris Eccleston.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"