The Dark Knight BOF: TDK Script Talk and Casting

Van Petrol

Reaction score
This followed on from the TDK Script Talk from Michael Caine.....

Author: Jett
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 9:27 AM: Got this in this morning from an industry friend of mine. I found it interesting and thought y'all would too:

Bill, I can tell you the following with complete confidence, so pass it along to your "BOF‘ers" if you’d like. There are two things that “The Powers That Be” are particularly concerned about right now.

One, casting (especially for Harvey Dent) will get leaked and end up online like Ledger getting the role of The Joker. Secondly, they [WB, Nolan, the producers, etc. -- Jett] are making every effort to ensure that the script does not end up online as it did with BATMAN BEGINS -- although I’m not completely sure that that didn’t happen intentionally. This is at the root of all the coyness of late."

Interesting.....

Good for WB, keeping everything close to the vest. There's no need to leak crap out. Let's let the filmmakers do their job. With Nolan, I have no worries....

In Nolan We Trust......

Although, I wouldn't be able to turn down a leaked script it just happened to make it online.

Im pretty sure the Ledger casting announcement wasn't a leak. I mean it was done dring CCon wan't it? It was covered like a leak but it was too perfect of timing to be a leak....at least IMO

Owen Or Law will be Dent....Heed the warning

I'm glad there won't be leaks. That killed some of the in movie excitement.

Didn't realize news on studios being worried about leaks were so interesting. Always thought it was common knowledge...

What's next, "girls have vaginas"? :o

Not to mention all the idiotic, geek fanboys who felt incessant need to post spoilers everywhere you went on SHH during 2003 - 2004 when the BEGINS script was leaked.

I think the leak of BB's script in 2004 was a good thing. It helped fans to realize it was going to kick ass for the most part.

Should the sequel leak? My mind says yes, but my heart says wait for it. So, probably not.

I adamently agree with you Carnotaur3.

I was so relieved after reading that script. It made spreading the Bat news on the street that more sweet!

I'm not gonna lie, I'll read the script if its leaked and talk about it to others who have read it also. 'tis why there be spoiler threads and tags.Argg!

Owen or Law will be Dent....Prepare!

If TDK script is leaked, I'll read it even, if I don't want to.

What did that have to do with Michael Caine? Was he the one who said that... or what?

Oh wow.....

Warners want to cast someone as Harvey and dont want the script to leak.....

Wow what big news, i never saw that coming,

C'mon BOF if your gonna tell us news at least tell us something we dont know.

Im waiting for there next news from an insider that will say 'Batman's suit will definetly have pointed ears and some sort of bat logo on the chest' followed by jet telling usto take it with a grain of salt.

^haha.

Poor Jet.

This isn't real news, but we're discussing it, or complaining about discussing it, so mission accomplished. . . sort of.

I'd rather not hear too much about the actual story or plot until I see the film. That has ruined films in the past for me, and I'm trying to avoid it; we see or have access to[expressive trailers, film segments, etc. . .] a lot of elements that should probably be saved for opening night.

Nope. I wouldn't read a script if it was handed to me right now.

I used to read scripts online years ago of movies I wanted to see, and while I still enjoyed the movies, it wasn't a good as going in not knowing as it wsa for me with Batman Begins.

So what am I doing in the Spoilers threads?

Hopefully to see some of the first leaked "images" from the movie but whe things get really heated up with the spoilers..I'm OUTTA HERE! :oldrazz:

I really hope they manage to keep the script secret this time around. I never read the Begins script myself but I couldn't help running into idiots on this board that let the twist ending slip. It took alot of gravity out of the ending for me.

Yeah i think everyone who doesnt want to be spoiled needs to run, run away from the boards after this script is reviewed or leaked (which i believe it will be...but maybe not for a while)

BOF is a good site for non spoiler discussions i always felt. Jett no likey spoilers

Owen or Law will be Dent......wait and see.....

This is not news, nor is it of any particular interest… and since there is a ‘place’ dedicated to this sort of non-event, why is there a need to repost it here?

Crooklyn said:
What's next, "girls have vaginas"? :o

batmantv97.jpg

If the children had enough "BOF sux cuz I wish I had a site like that and I don´t" whining, looking objectively at it, it most likely means the whole LR script review thing is dead by now. And that Nolan´s statements about not putting any effort into casting Dent as of now are probably BS.

Batarang said:
This followed on from the TDK Script Talk from Michael Caine.....

Interesting.....

To me....I can understand them being uptight about the script.....but being uptight about who is playing Dent?? Come on......thats a bit to nit picky and anal.

Um so this is basically saying the person who is playing Harvey Dent will eventually be revealed? That is news?

RedIsNotBlue said:
Um so this is basically saying the person who is playing Harvey Dent will eventually be revealed? That is news?

Its BOF what do you expect. I would not be surprised if this site eventually turned into some kind of personal site for the site owners & users to keep the internet up to date of what they do during the day

TrailerCues said:
Its BOF what do you expect. I would not be surprised if this site eventually turned into some kind of personal site for the site owners & users to keep the internet up to date of what they do during the day

maybe a "reasons why football is different from batman" section on the site? that'd sure as hell put BOF back on my favourites list! seriously though if he doesn't have any actual news why bother posting the same stuff worded differently? BOF is slipping big-time

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"