The Dark Knight BOF: No TDK at WW Chicago?!

Van Petrol

Reaction score
Source: http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

Teaser info, No TDK at WW Chicago?!
Author: Jett
Thursday, July 26, 2007

6:31 AM TEXAS TIME: Now this info irks the hell out of me! Especially since I've already booked travel to Chi-Town. Anyway, "MM" has some info about TDK at Wizard World Chicago -- or rather, not at WWC:
"I have some info about Wizard World Chicago that I wanted to pass along to you.

There have been some 'issues' between Wizard, Warner Bros., and DC Comics -- with the the latter two NOT being the problem. To make a long story short, the BS politics going on has led to Warners/TDK pulling out of the convention. In other words, there is no longer to be a TDK panel at WWC.

In the past two weeks Wizard has been busy with some last ditch efforts to get Warner Bros. to reconsider, but honestly it doesn't look good. I really just wanted to send this email so maybe you can inform your readers not to go to Wizard World Chicago if the only thing they are interested in is TDK, because as of now it ain't happening. As a fan myself, I know I would be pissed."

Well, that sucks if true. Let me say this to Warner Bros. and DC: I don't know what the deal is, but TDK NEEDS to be there in Chicago for the FANS. TDK is pretty much skipping Comic Con in San Diego, which was upsetting. But, many were willing to forgive because they believed that a big panel would be held two weeks later at WWC. Whatever the deal is -- if there is one -- y'all need to kiss and make up and have TDK in Chicago. With that said, let's chill on this for the time being. I'm going to get an answer for y'all while in San Diego and I'll have it here ASAP...

It is looking like the description of a teaser for TDK what was reported here yesterday (7/25) is indeed accurate. I received serveral more descriptions backing up the "exloding logo" teaser overnight -- thanks to all of you! It seems that the "Dent campaign ad" teaser was BS....

Alright, I'm off to San Diego! I'll talk to you soon from Cali!

Well this sucks if true..... :csad:

i am now waiting for jett bashing.
people are alawys saying that he is sucking up to WB. here he isnt.

no no.........this time it'll be "Jett was wrong again!"

Cuz they have to find something to bash him about.

- Jow

F**k! You know, this is beginning to suck. Okay, no TDK panel at SDCC. So, let's wait for Wizard World, right?

Then we get news about the TDK teaser being with The Simpsons Movie but, honestly, the description sucks. A "light show" with the Batman logo, oh, how exciting. The Batman Begins teaser was better, at least there was some footage. Honestly, 30 secs. of Bruce Wayne sitting in his penthouse, making a drink would've been more exciting. But, oookay... Thanks anyway, WB...

And now news that TDK won't be at WW in Chicago --- NOW THAT SUCKS! Paramount and Marvel are doing such great stuff to promote Iron Man and what does WB do? Pretty much... nothing!

Thx!

F**k! You know, this is beginning to suck. Okay, no TDK panel at SDCC. So, let's wait for Wizard World, right?

Then we get news about the TDK teaser being with The Simpsons Movie but, honestly, the description sucks. A "light show" with the Batman logo, oh, how exciting. The Batman Begins teaser was better, at least there was some footage. Honestly, 30 secs. of Bruce Wayne sitting in his penthouse, making a drink would've been more exciting. But, oookay... Thanks anyway, WB...

And now news that TDK won't be at WW in Chicago --- NOW THAT SUCKS! Paramount and Marvel are doing such great stuff to promote Iron Man and what does WB do? Pretty much... nothing!

Thx!

amen :woot:

If WB can't agree with Wizard World why can't they just setup their own little shindig nearby, the film construction crew could bang something together in the park

People will bash jett.. because.. well just because.

i dont care what you will say if this is true then something is wrong. they filmed a lot of footage. this is a comicbook movie. again this is a comic book movie.
when you have pannels at CC.
what is CC and WW about ? comics.

this is nto a comedy,this is nto a drama movie. this is a comicbook movie. its normal to have something for the fans at those events.

i am sorry but i have to say this: are they afraid to show some footage?

@ dark b: I dunno, I dunno, I can just say that the situation pretty much sucks. Just as I was thinking that WB would do a good job marketing The Dark Knight, I just changed my mind...

the problem is that this is a comicbook movie. there needs to be something at CC and WW chicago. this is how they do this.
i will not go to CC or WW. but people who payed some money deserve this.

Yeah, that's the problem. It is a comic book movie, you know, at the moment I'm quite dissapointed b/c of how the teaser trailer seems to be, so this is just another dissapointment.

why do the WB do this?

are they that ****ing arrogant that they don't think they have to market the movie at all??

i am sorry but i have to say this: are they afraid to show some footage?

Nolan has been described as being a perfectionist, and apparently the crew weren't happy with the rushed teaser they were made to produce for Begins...

But, I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it?.....

Actually...this COULD be good news. Didnt Fox pull out of comic-con and decided to show the AVP2 footage online?

Maybe WB not beeing at Wizard World with The Dark Knight will decide to show the footage they planned on showing there, online...

Probably wont happen but I can dream, cant I?

Nolan has been described as being a perfectionist, and apparently the crew weren't happy with the rushed teaser they were made to produce for Begins...

But, I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it?.....
poor nolan in 2004.i guess he couldnt sleep for weeks because of the BB teaser. i think the BB teaser was great. but the BB teaser was made like in days. in less then a week IMO.
there is a story that the BB teaser was realesed because of the negativity from comic con.

poor nolan in 2004.i guess he couldnt sleep for weeks because of the BB teaser. i think the BB teaser was great. but the BB teaser was made like in days. in less then a week IMO.
there is a story that the BB teaser was realesed because of the negativity from comic con.

really?

well they should have learned from last time then.

The Bale voiceover one? Thought that one was pretty good, apart from the cheesy use of a still image at the end

Actually...this COULD be good news. Didnt Fox pull out of comic-con and decided to show the AVP2 footage online?

Maybe WB not beeing at Wizard World with The Dark Knight will decide to show the footage they planned on showing there, online...

Probably wont happen but I can dream, cant I?
this makes zero sense :dry:
fox pulled out every movie that they had. and the the reason why the AVP2 footage will go online is because the footage is the teaser trailer :cwink:. the movie comes out in 2007 :oldrazz:

this makes zero sense :dry:
fox pulled out every movie that they had. and the the reason why the AVP2 footage will go online is because the footage is the teaser trailer :cwink:. the movie comes out in 2007 :oldrazz:

I know its beeing released in 2007 but I had no idea it was the teaser trailer. I thought they were going to show more than just the teaser.

Plus, I didnt say the same thing will happen with WB and The Dark Knight. I'm just saying...Since (from what we've read) there was going to be footage from The Dark Knight shown at Wizard World, maybe WB will decide to show that footage online instead of not showing it at all...

really?

well they should have learned from last time then.
well i remember that i read somewhere that nolan and goyer from beginning wanted to realese a teaser or trailer where we wouldnt know until the second half about what movie it is. and nolan and goyer did this with the first teaser and the first theatrical trailer. but they first trailer was meant to be in december or novemeber. i remember reding that the only reason why they realesed the B Bteaser in july was because of the negative comments from CC.

I don't think this has anything to do with the studio being afraid to show footage (as if it's not going well, or something). You can make ANY film look exciting by slapping a few scenes together.

This sounds like your typical example of negotions breaking down...in which money is usually involved. But I admit I'm not sure how these events work.

why do the WB do this?

are they that ****ing arrogant that they don't think they have to market the movie at all??

Relax buddy; what their doing is in reality, very smarty.

Anticipation makes the appetite grow stronger ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"