• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

BOUGHT/THOUGHT Dec. 20th Edition

LadyMoira said:
One thing I didn't go for wasn't Sue blaming Tony for everything including the collapse of her marriage, (hey a lot of the fans think it too, so I get Sue,) but that she said Reed "idolizes" Tony. I've never gotten that vibe at all. If anything Mr. Fantastic is sometimes "above" Tony in terms of scientific achievement, personal powers, and let's face it relevance to matters on a cosmic scale.

uh...yeah. i'm sorry, but there is no way that reed richards looks up to tony stark. reed is THE most intelligent person in the marvel universe. i mean, reed can stretch his brain. anyone remember when he stretched it to have psychic powers?

Darthphere said:
I dont think its Pym, I just dont see the dialogue matching up with him.
I don't know about Pym, but I've looked at the images of the Traitor in #7, and he just doesn't look like how this book's artists draw Reed to me.

CaptainCanada said:
I don't know about Pym, but I've looked at the images of the Traitor in #7, and he just doesn't look like how this book's artists draw Reed to me.

i think from what he know about the aftermath of civil war, it makes the most sense that the traitor is reed.

hippie_hunter said:
I find the art to be quite good, it just doesn't really fit for Iron Man though if you ask me.
The art is fine, but, I agree with your statement, it just doesn't seem the right fit for this title. The Iron Man costume and environment needs someone in the style of Steve McNiven or Jim Cheung. This is also a colouring thing; the suit needs a bit more polish then it gets in these issues. Compare the dull red/yellow of this book to the sparkling gold/crimson of Justin Ponsor in New Avengers: Illuminati #1.

Steve McNiven should be the next artist for this book

hippie_hunter said:
Steve McNiven should be the next artist for this book
Marvel's solicits for the next two issues have Zircher on #15, and then Roberto de la Torre, the Ms. Marvel penciler, on #16; de la Torre is a very good artist, but his style is a lot like Zircher's.

CaptainCanada said:
Marvel's solicits for the next two issues have Zircher on #15, and then Roberto de la Torre, the Ms. Marvel penciler, on #16; de la Torre is a very good artist, but his style is a lot like Zircher's.

:(.

What's wrong with Zircher's art? To me, his ironman is more lively.

COMICBOY said:
What's wrong with Zircher's art? To me, his ironman is more lively.

Nothing at all, I just want McNiven to hop on the book :csad:

Didn't we already go through an ironman artist who took way too long to meet a deadline?

COMICBOY said:
Didn't we already go through an ironman artist who took way too long to meet a deadline?

yeah, but it's adi granov...he's worth the wait. if only for the covers alone.

Don't get me wrong. I loved his issues 1-6, but over a year for 6 issues? Oh hell no. His covers are fantastic.

EDIT

I bought a LOT this week, as the truck only delivered half of last week's books, so I'm just gonna throw a few quickies up.

Iron Man/Captain America: Choosing Sides- PICK OF THE WEEK! Man, this was just fantastic. I really loved it. From the awesome Jimmy Cheung covers, to the fantastic continuity and characterization, I really loved everything about it. 10/10

New Avengers- Bendis does wonders on one-off issues. It's a shame he doesn't do more of them. Of course, then there's Alex Maleev, one of the finest artists at Marvel. The only problem I had with this issue is it felt a year late. This really should've came out right after House of M. Other than that, I really can't wait to see what Bendis does with Hawkeye next. I love what he's done with him here and in The Pulse. 9/10

New Avengers: The Illuminati- Speaking of Jimmy Cheung, here's some other amazing work. Of course, the Brians provided him with a VERY action packed story that really does a good job of filling in some continuity. Very pumped for the rest of the story. 9/10

Transformers: Escalation- This is exactly what I've wanted. Big action, great art, and a new take. Escalation is everything Infiltration wasn't. Love it. 8/10

Cable and Deadpool- Wow. GREAT issue! The humor is strong, but the topic is serious. I like that. I can't wait to read this next arc. 8/10

X-Factor- Another solid issue. Unlike Excaliber, this book has really made me enjoy these characters. This arc seems like it's going to be a lot of fun. 8/10

Civil War: War Crimes- I liked this issue a lot, but I thought the ending was a little confusing
What exactly did Cap do to help Fisk? Fisk led Iron Man to Hammerhead. What else was there?
. 8/10

Uncanny X-Men- Kind of a "down-time" issue, but the characterization is interesting, and I'm really starting to like Bru's new characters. 8/10

I believe that Cap gave Fisk Hammerhead the base, and then gave the location to fisk, to A. Waste Iron Man's Time and B. get the criminals out of they way so the Secret Avengers wouldn;t have to worry about them.

I'm wondering now if he also gave up Cloak and Dagger so Fisk would seem credible......I don't think he would have......

photojones2 said:
uh...yeah. i'm sorry, but there is no way that reed richards looks up to tony stark. reed is THE most intelligent person in the marvel universe. i mean, reed can stretch his brain. anyone remember when he stretched it to have psychic powers?

I agree that Reed woulnd't look up to Stark, but the Psychic powers thing was an alternate universe/future.

Why wouldn't Reed look up to Stark? He might not be a smarter nerd, but he's a cooler nerd that gets the stuff he doesn't. It doesn't seem that farfetched to me.

I'm going to die if dread or gnr4 doesn't come around soon.

Marcdachamp said:
\Civil War: War Crimes- I liked this issue a lot, but I thought the ending was a little confusing
What exactly did Cap do to help Fisk? Fisk led Iron Man to Hammerhead. What else was there?
. 8/10

Captain America "gave" the base to Hammerhead and the criminals. Then he gave the location of the base to the Kingpin. Then the Kingpin gave the location of the base to Iron Man and S.H.I.E.L.D.

1. It got rid of numerous criminals that the Secret Avengers don't have to fight.

2. It prevented numerous criminals from taking advantage of the chaos of the Civil War.

3. It was a waste of Iron Man's time.

4. Kingpin got rid of a potential rival who threatened to take over all of his former criminal empire while he was rotting in prison.

5. All the prisoners were taught to not f**k with the Kingpin, or else!

6. Captain America's alliance with the Kingpin pissed Captain America off, which probally amused the Kingpin. It showed that the Secret Avengers do some rather shadey stuff just like the Superhuman Task Force.

I bought Ms. Marvel #10. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed seeing Rogue get beaten up - by both Carol's. :yay:

hippie_hunter said:
Captain America "gave" the base to Hammerhead and the criminals. Then he gave the location of the base to the Kingpin. Then the Kingpin gave the location of the base to Iron Man and S.H.I.E.L.D.

1. It got rid of numerous criminals that the Secret Avengers don't have to fight.

2. It prevented numerous criminals from taking advantage of the chaos of the Civil War.

4. Kingpin got rid of a potential rival who threatened to take over all of his former criminal empire while he was rotting in prison.

6. Captain America's alliance with the Kingpin pissed Captain America off, which probally amused the Kingpin. It showed that the Secret Avengers do some rather shadey stuff just like the Superhuman Task Force.
Very interesting. Thanks.

Pym could be the one since hes never been looked upon like a pure hero

An excellent summary of the whole thing, which was a really good issue. Of course Cap's alliance with Kingpin while definitely a grey area is still nowhere near as bad as letting Norman Osborne out into the general populace again. And I'm 100% certain that Cap didn't give up Cloak and Dagger. Whatever other moral compromises Steve might make he doesn't betray his friends-unlike some Avengers. Not to mention it's not in his best tactical interests anyway to give up skilled resistance fighters when they're on such shaky ground to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"