Bradley Cooper is the American Sniper

And the first thing I think of is how cool it would be for Tom Berenger to do a small role.

Cooper is on a roll. First the Oscar nom and hit movie and now he is working with the biggest director ever.

http://skymovies.sky.com/spielberg-has-american-sniper-in-sights
Spielberg has American Sniper in sights

3 May 2013

Sniper biopic targeted

Steven Spielberg has got his next project in his sights - the story of tragic US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle.

In American Sniper, The Hangover's Bradley Cooper will star as the Texan sharpshooter who found a sort of fame as the American with the most kills to his name, said The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the novel American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History, the movie is due out early 2014.

Kyle, whose book spent 18 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list and 13 weeks at number one, made news when he was killed at a shooting range by a fellow vet in February.

Spielberg had been searching for a project since his initial follow-up to the award-winning Lincoln, the sci-fi thriller Robopocalypse, was put on an indefinite hold.

That didn't take long, unfortunately. Speilberg and Dreamworks would have been a good backing for this movie.

I don't know why, but this movie seems something that Ridley Scott might do great with.

Clint Eastwood Targets "American Sniper"

By Garth Franklin Wednesday August 21st 2013 09:20AM
Clint Eastwood has reportedly gotten the go-ahead to take over directing duties on "American Sniper" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
Steven Spielberg was long attached to the project which stars Bradley Cooper as real life Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.
Spielberg pulled out earlier this month, as did Dreamworks, leaving the project entirely in the hands of Warners where Eastwood does his films.
No word on a production schedule as yet. Cooper is also slate to produce.
Source: Twitch

Eastwood has my interest much more than Spielberg actually :up:

Eh I'd take Spielberg over Eastwood any day

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/daniel-bernhardt-term-life-american-sniper-cory-hardrict/
Battle L.A.‘s Cory Hardrict has been cast in Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper. Hardrict will play a Navy SEAL in the pic which stars Bradley Cooper as decorated marksman Chris Kyle, whose nonfic memoir American Sniper: The Autobiography Of The Most Lethal Sniper In U.S. Military History serves as the basis for the WB production. Hardrict appeared in Eastwood’s Gran Torino and recently co-starred in Warm Bodies, Lovelace, and the upcoming Transcendence. Hardrict is repped by SDB Partners.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/american-sniper-navid-negahban-eric-close-eric-ladin-rey-gallegos/
4 Join Clint Eastwood’s ‘American Sniper’
By THE DEADLINE TEAM

Navid Negahban (Homeland), Eric Close (Nashville), Eric Ladin (Boardwalk Empire) and Rey Gallegos (Gang Related) have joined the cast of American Sniper for director Clint Eastwood. The film stars Bradley Cooper as decorated marksman Chris Kyle, whose memoir American Sniper: The Autobiography Of The Most Lethal Sniper In U.S. Military History serves as the basis for the Warner Bros film. Village Roadshow is co-producing and co-financing. Filming starts at the end of March in Morocco. Negahban plays Sheikh al-Obeidi, an Iraqi local who is willing to help the SEALs find their target, for a fee. Ladin is Squirrel, a Southern California surfer kid who is part of the SEAL team. Gallegos plays Tony, chief of the SEAL team and one of the instructors during training. No details were available on Close’s character.

Negahban, whose credits also include The Mentalist, The Game and CSI: NY, is repped by the House of Representatives. Close, who plays Teddy Conrad on Nashville and also starred on TV’s Suits, Chaos and Without A Trace, is with Gersh and Untitled Entertainment. Ladin, whose credits also include The Killing and HBO’s upcoming series The Brink, is repped by Innovative Artists and Main Title Entertainment. Rey, who’s appeared on Sons Of Anarchy, 24 and Prison Break, is with GVA and Jeff Goldberg Management.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/sam-jaeger-american-sniper-jon-tenney-the-best-of-me/
Sam Jaeger has joined the cast of Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper. The film stars Bradley Cooper as decorated marksman Chris Kyle, whose memoir American Sniper: The Autobiography Of The Most Lethal Sniper In U.S. Military History serves as the basis for the Warner Bros film. Village Roadshow is co-producing and co-financing. Jaeger will play Captain Martens, who welcomes Chris back to Iraq for his second tour of duty and is his commanding officer on his subsequent tour. Jaeger is a regular on NBC’s Parenthood and appeared in last year’s The Truth About Emanuel. He next will be seen in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice. Jaeger is repped by Greene & Associates and Circle of Confusion.

Be sure not to read the stupid as hell yahoo comments.

There's a guy says that Bradley Cooper should get a life because he got beefed up. How does that make sense? That's his job. And yes, his life seems to be pretty cool.

Hence why I never cater to the "they don't look like the character" argument.

Hence why I never cater to the "they don't look like the character" argument.

It's annoying as ****. Every time we get news of an actor playing a real-life person (or a fictional one, for that matter), the first thing we get is b****ing about the fact that they don't immediately look identical to that person. One, it's called acting for a reason, and two, people can change their appearance. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to us anymore. It's two-thousand-****ing-fourteen.

Cooper is on some method **** now. You'd never know that was him.

I agree with Sawyer's post.

I think Cooper is going to do a great job in this role by the way.

I can't deal with those shorts... :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"