Arrow Brandon Routh IS Ray Palmer/The Atom

Too much Atom for me this week. Not a fan of how they're trying to shove him down our throats.

I think the character suffers from trying to make s blue beetle named atom

Well, he said he had like 6 billion of those nanorobots inside him that shirink stuff, so I think he'll be shirinking by next season. I thought he was a good character on The Flash on this week episode.

I like Ray's role on the show, but I can't help pretending that he's Ted instead. It's just so obvious that that's who he was meant to be!

I'm speculating that Jaime Reyes/Blue Beetle is being saved for the planned Titans series and that is why "Ted Kord" became "Ray Palmer."

I really don't mind the change in characters and I love what Brandon Routh is doing, but I'm always reminded of the Ted Kord thing.

Hope he demotes Felicity back to Tech-Pros. It's what she deserves.

http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Convergence-The-Atom-1-Variant-Cover.jpg

Thanks for the link:mnm: The comic looks awesome, glad Ray/atom is getting some love
tumblr_nnf8q8ILTw1qlld5to1_540.jpg

tumblr_nnf8q8ILTw1qlld5to2_540.jpg

tumblr_nnf8q8ILTw1qlld5to3_540.jpg

http://thefireforeffect.tumblr.com/
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not

Last edited:
Last edited:
STARRING HEROES FROM THE PRE-FLASHPOINT DCU! Ray Palmer battles the Extremist Barracuda even as he struggles with what seems to be the presence of the dead Atom, Ryan Choi, while Deathstroke waits in the wings ready to kill any Atom he sees!
This issue also features an 8 page original story, leading into next month’s GREEN LANTERN #41, starring Hal Jordan.

ATOMCONV_Cv2_ds.jpg

ATOMCONV_Cv2_var.jpg

ATOMCONV_2_1.jpg

ATOMCONV_2_2.jpg

ATOMCONV_2_3.jpg

ATOMCONV_2_4.jpg

ATOMCONV_2_5.jpg

So is everyone BUT Ra's gonna get a sweet promo pic from the superhero fight club short?

Seeing Brandon Routh play Atom and starring in the upcoming DC Legends of Tomorrow spin off shows that the Superman Curse is a fallacy.

So, are they intentionally making ATOM out to be the CW version of Superman now? Not that I mind, of course.

If Marvel can make Ant Man shrink in his upcoming movie, the Arrow/ Flash show runners better come up with one hell of a reason why Atom can't.

If Marvel can make Ant Man shrink in his upcoming movie, the Arrow/ Flash show runners better come up with one hell of a reason why Atom can't.

Considering the amount of teasing the do about shrinking, I'm sure he will shrink on the spinoff. I think they just felt it wouldn't really mesh well with Arrow just yet.

Which is somewhat of a odd way of looking at things if that's how the Producers are thinking about it given on how we have seen a human speedster and a guy that can shoot energy blasts from his eyes.

I said it before, Arrow has done a good job at copying previously existing features and stories from other major comic books and movies.

Yes, the plan was originally to have Ray be Ted Kord, so shrinking was not an idea being worked in, but we are at the point in the season where his character and abilities should not be defined by who he was supposed to be. So I really think that they're postponing his shrinkage until either the Finale, or the Spin-off, which will be filming and getting post-production well after Ant Man is out.

His suit fails almost every fight. He'll keep tinkering with it until he shrinks.

The problem is less credibility, and more one of SFX: I'm not sure they could afford to have him shrink, and have it look even halfway decent.

What's strange is that they forced CW to use Ray Palmer instead of Ted Kord, because supposedly there are "plans" for Ted... yet we haven't seen or heard anything about the character being used anywhere. Yet, we now have two Katanas, two Deadshots, two Amanda Wallers and two Flashes.

The problem is less credibility, and more one of SFX: I'm not sure they could afford to have him shrink, and have it look even halfway decent.

I really don't see that as a problem. They should be able to pull it off convincingly enough.

DC with their rules never made a whole lot of sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"