Arrow Brandon Routh IS Ray Palmer/The Atom

Routh turned in what I think is his best performance in "Suicidal Tendencies." I'm in a weird position where I really like the actor, but don't care much about the character he's playing.

As a lifelong fan of DC comics and the Atom character. I am so upset how they have handled him. I like Brandon and his portrayal of Ray. But, the fight yesterday. Atom IS NOT IRON MAN. Again, you can see that the producers wanted to use Blue Beetle. But, since Warner nixed his character. I really hope they show Ray go in a new direction with the suit (since Arrow took him down) and make him shrink like how his character should be.

I really enjoy the show and some of the comic changes they made. So I am hoping they have a course where he becomes the Atom we know.

I was going to make a thread for this but thought I should just ask here...

This isn't the Atom I know from comics. Did he have the technique to fly and shoot fire from his suit? Isn't his main power supposed to be shrinking himself? I'm wondering if we will ever see that...

This isn't the Atom I know from comics. Did he have the technique to fly and shoot fire from his suit? Isn't his main power supposed to be shrinking himself? I'm wondering if we will ever see that...

They said it will happen on The Flash.

Okay but was he supposed to have those otherpowers with his suit including flight...or those bust engines allowing him to fly? Does this mean we will only see him usehis shrinking power on The Flash?

In honesty, that power would not be of much use on Arrow atm. I am sure they will find a need for him to do it in the show next year.

No, he did not fly or shoot stuff. He could shrink and also adjust his mass/weight ratio so he could maintain his weight and mass that he had at his normal height. This way he could still punch out thugs while at a height of only 6 inches.

I am kind of skeptical he will ever shrink. I may be wrong, but I think the ambiguous answers they've given are just the showrunners trying to minimize the collateral damage from their Ted/Ray swap.

One of the characters should joke around and calls him "Iron Man".

I am kind of skeptical he will ever shrink. I may be wrong, but I think the ambiguous answers they've given are just the showrunners trying to minimize the collateral damage from their Ted/Ray swap..

Or using the ambiguous answers to not spoil their shows in the same way they do with every other impatient fan nudging them for spoilers.

I cannot think of any actual reason or storyline for him to shrink on Arrow. I am sure that they will find something on the Flash or the spin off next year that involves him shrinking.

I just wonder what he'll do with all the tech, once he decides to shrink. I can't imagine them just ditching the suit, that is one of the most expensive on the show to date.

I did some research and I found out on how the Atom did have some of the powers that he has displayed on this show.

Though granted, they originated from a magical/tribe ring that he was given from a Space Tribe..but it did enable him to shoot out energy blasts.

And the Atom can technically create the illusion of flight, along with having super strength and some durability, by how he controls his molecules with his Atom Belt.

The only issue(s) here is that Arrow's Atom didn't endow him with his trademark shrinking ability and his powers seem more military gear base than it does in the comics.

He might be my favourite character on the show, but I don't like how the IT girl is smarter than him

Felicity is such a mary sue in this season... I can't stand her anymore. I like Brandon Palmer, though.

I'm sorry and this may be just me but Routh should've been Superman for this show if DC has no intention on using this Arrow or Flash for their movies and it would've been a a perfect casting choice to connect Supergirl to everything as well.

CONV_ATOM_1.jpg

Convergence_Week1_fnl-17.jpg

Convergence_Week1_fnl-18.jpg

I'm sorry and this may be just me but Routh should've been Superman for this show if DC has no intention on using this Arrow or Flash for their movies and it would've been a a perfect casting choice to connect Supergirl to everything as well.
The problem is Superman, in any incarnation, is off limits on TV. I'm pretty sure that will go for using him in Supergirl as well, since DC wants separate universes for film and TV.

But its the same reason why we won't see Batman on Arrow, or even on Gotham.

The problem is Superman, in any incarnation, is off limits on TV. I'm pretty sure that will go for using him in Supergirl as well, since DC wants separate universes for film and TV.

But its the same reason why we won't see Batman on Arrow, or even on Gotham.

Actually it's already been confirmed you will see Batman just not until the series finale much like Superman in Smallville and also if DC was so concerned about two separate heroes running around they wouldn't have The
Flash series.

I hope the producers are taking some notes after the release of the latest Ant-Man trailer. They should definitely try to apply some of that to Brandon's Atom instead of keeping him as a constant Iron Man/Superman ripoff.

Honestly, I don't care that he has the powers that he has but he feels severely incomplete without his shrinking ability. If he were to have that and utilize it as his primary power, then I don't think his similarities to Iron Man and Superman would stick out as much.

I thought the miniturized nanos he was injected with to save his life would somehow cause him to gain the shrinking ability or at least lead to him going into that direction.

He already mentioned that he found a piece of white dwarf star...which in the comics allows him to shrink.

The thing is they wrote the whole season with Blue Beetle in mind,so they probably didn't anticipate putting in any shrinking scenes. Hopefully they were smart enough to modify the last few episodes to finally allow him that power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"