Legends of Tomorrow Time for Atomic Action-The Brandon Routh IS Ray Palmer/Atom Thread

I thought he did, but he relied on the belt to regulate it so he didn't die, since everyone else that shrank using the white dwarf matter died.

Could be just me, but in the last Arrow the ATOM armor looked bulkier. Hopefully that's the case. It needs to look more functional and less plastic IMO.

Brandon is on the latest Fatman on Batman podcast talking Legends, Superman and a bunch of other stuff. Really great listen.

Something that bothered me about the pilot. Ray Palmer has shrinking tech. Why didn't he just take his ATOM suit with him in his pocket? Instead of leaving it on the ship with the the two superfelons and the resurrected assassin?

Now that Ray has the shrinking tech, I would really like them to make him less Iron Man, and more Atom. Maybe he should strip the armour back to help range of motion. Keep the foot thrusters, and a belt for changing size...

I get that people don't like the Iron Man version of him. I don't either. But the current version is a decent trade-off I feel- making sure it identifies itself separately from Ant-Man and Iron Man. It's not the perfect scenario but I'm fine with how the powers of the character are represented ATM.

I don't see how people think Ray's suit a rip on Iron Man. They are both exoskeletons true, but Hyundai and a Phantom are cars too. However nobody evera compare one to the other because other than them both being cars they don't have anything else in common.

I don't see how people think Ray's suit a rip on Iron Man. They are both exoskeletons true, but Hyundai and a Phantom are cars too. However nobody evera compare one to the other because other than them both being cars they don't have anything else in common.

Okay. First of all, Hyundai is a car-making company while Phantom is one of Rolls Royce's car brands. So, apples and oranges.

Second, it's understandable that this comparison was made since the power sets of the suits, which you rightly point out are exoskeleton based, are very similar and is worn by people who also appear to be similar- genius, billionaire inventors. AND add to that ATOM's suit had nothing to do with the comic book version's powers at least in the beginning.

I'll give you an example just to clarify where what you said would apply- Edge of Tomorrow and Elysium also use exo-suits but no-one would say they are similar. Because beyond them being exo-suis, they really don't have anything in common. That's not a fact for ATOM v1 which was indeed similar to the Iron Man suit.

Okay. First of all, Hyundai is a car-making company while Phantom is one of Rolls Royce's car brands. So, apples and oranges.

Second, it's understandable that this comparison was made since the power sets of the suits, which you rightly point out are exoskeleton based, are very similar and is worn by people who also appear to be similar- genius, billionaire inventors. AND add to that ATOM's suit had nothing to do with the comic book version's powers at least in the beginning.

I'll give you an example just to clarify where what you said would apply- Edge of Tomorrow and Elysium also use exo-suits but no-one would say they are similar. Because beyond them being exo-suis, they really don't have anything in common. That's not a fact for ATOM v1 which was indeed similar to the Iron Man suit.

I said Ray's suit and Iron Man's suit, I never tried compare their characterization. The only thing I was talking about was their suit and what those have in common.

Well, yes but actually a Phantom is a Rolls Royce model, not one of its 'brands'. And regardless, there is not a single Hyundai model that would be confused with any Rolls Royce model.

I certainly don't see 'Iron Man' when I see Routh's Atom suit, but I suppose nongeeks might think it's howevera cheap tv knock-off.

Personally, I'd really love it if they paired back the armour and 'power' aspects for a more streamlined version.

My two cents: I quite like the Atom suit and think it looks good. I think the "Iron man" upgrades make sense.

DC Universe Online : Brandon The Atom Routh Checks Into XB1 Version

Posted May 18, 2016

Brandon "The Atom" Routh met up with Daybreak's Jens Andersen to play DC Universe Online via XBox One.

The pair talk movies, DC characters, acting and even spend some time creating awesome characters before heading into the game together. You can check it all out below and let us know what you think in the comments.(Their comments in MMORPG.Com)
[YT]L0_sR4ixAh0[/YT]

Permalink | 1 Comment

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#ZHatWWpUPZpj8RhC.99

source:MMORPG.com

[/QUOTE] From : DC Universe Online (
multipage.gif
Last Page)

Cisco mentioned making some upgrades to the suit, I wonder if it might eventually look a little more like the armor they're using on Ryan Choi in the comics now...

tumblr_ohl9ah8mBx1sbbfwho1_1280.jpg

Something that bothered me about the pilot. Ray Palmer has shrinking tech. Why didn't he just take his ATOM suit with him in his pocket? Instead of leaving it on the ship with the the two superfelons and the resurrected assassin?

Obviously this was way back when. But Ray sometimes leaves the suit to avoid revealing it to the past.

We all know the reason why the suit hasn't changed. The thing was expensive and they aren't ready to built a new one while the old one still has use.

I think once they get the go ahead they will drastically reduce the armor.

Obviously this was way back when. But Ray sometimes leaves the suit to avoid revealing it to the past.

We all know the reason why the suit hasn't changed. The thing was expensive and they aren't ready to built a new one while the old one still has use.

I think once they get the go ahead they will drastically reduce the armor.

I could easily have seen some easy fixes like getting a new under layer and recoloring certain parts to reduce the black and rebalance the colors to massively improve what already exists.

Well, yes but actually a Phantom is a Rolls Royce model, not one of its 'brands'. And regardless, there is not a single Hyundai model that would be confused with any Rolls Royce model.

I certainly don't see 'Iron Man' when I see Routh's Atom suit, but I suppose nongeeks might think it's howevera cheap tv knock-off.

Personally, I'd really love it if they paired back the armour and 'power' aspects for a more streamlined version.

They're both full body covering suits of metal armour. (oh, except rays face is visible). Also, thrusters/jets, "repulsor" like blasts from the hands. Basically everything the Iron Man suit does, Ray's also does, plus he can shrink.

People see that, because before the Iron Man film, none of those things above (except for shrink) were elements of Ray Palmers character. But Iron Man became a household name, so it was easy to play on what people liked about him. (plus, it's easier to explain putting someone in a super suit, if they needed to build the tech.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"