The Dark Knight Bruce the genius - When will we see that brain power?

He's faking. Watch Bale's performance there. Watch him gauge Lucious's reaction.

Let's hope he isn't too much of a genius.:whatever:

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

You dont need a ton of scenes with bruce doing various science based experiments to portray intelligence imo i just didnt get the impression that BB bruce was that smart from bales portrayal take superman returns for example (love or hate it) spacey as lex portrays through his acting that he is super smart my favourite is the scene where he looks at the son and nearly immedieatly deducts he could be supes son and when the gon gets hit by a piano you see lex thinking for a second and then relising he was most probably right its not so much the problem thats being solved in the scene but the acting its a mix of great acting and good writing that can portray intelligence effectively on screen so far for the "intelligent wayne" in a batflick Keaton still steals the show for me with Kilmer a close second.

I was actually surprised that Lex Luthor was simplified so much in SR. More sinister than the Gene Hackman incarnation, yes, but badly thought out. He manages to steal some Kryptonite based crystals which have the amazing potential to create almost anything and what is his objective? Real estate.

As far as the kid and piano goes ........... Lois Lane is close to Superman, and there's a good squashed by a piano whilst her kid stands wide-eyed, anyone could have guessed it.

Gaz

Please read the post its not the PROBLEM being solved its the ACTING portrayal that shows the problem being thought out spacey was good in the role you could SEE from his portrayal he was an intelligent man same with keaton he didnt really do much detective work in B89 but you get the aura of a man who constantly thinks things over i call it a burning beneath the surface intelligence.

I will also add the lionel luthor character in Smallville John glover is great as lex's father i would say he was better then spacey. bad place even the lex in the new adventures of superman he was great too...i forgot all about him but he was great in the role all portray the aura of intelligent men without the need for a glut of dialouge telling us so..

We've already heard that we will see the dark knights detective skills in the Batman Begins sequel but what about putting that brain of his to good use?

In many of the comics Bruce is a really intelligent man, he can solve puzzles, crack formula's and design gadgets etc

This series seems to be relying on people like Alfred and Fox to be Bruce's brain and he himself is just the muscle. I wouldn't mind seeing him working on a vehicle, even if it's just at the design stage.

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

I think Bruce has shown his intelligence. He built his own suit, all he needed were the materials. He built his underground cave, he did lots of things in the first movie. I agree that they should add to it though, and probably will in this movie. Because he will need to find the Joker and thats where I think we will see his detective skills in action.

Alfred isn't really Bruce's brain, I'd say more like his heart.

I think he was portrayed as a man above "average" intelligence in Begins. Someone of "average" intelligence is usually very stupid.

The only weak moment in Begins is when Bruce has just survived the fear gas during a confrontation with Scarecrow and Lucius explains how he cured him -- Bruce has no idea what he's talking about. That makes Bruce look stupid. It would have been so easy for Bruce to understand what he was saying, and it would make him look so much smarter. And you can still have the cute little joke, just have Alfred say it.

The Guard is right, Bruce is faking it. At that point it should not yet be clear to Fox that he is Batman, although he may very well suspect it. I'm surprised by how many people don't pick up on that. He starts speaking differently as soon as he realizes Fox is in the room. He even gives Alfred a knowing glance just before he says "Am I gonna understand any of that?" like a dufus. But I guess it's just a testament to how good Bruce/Bale is at pretending to be a dumb playboy.

The Nolans have already let us know that TDK will showcase Batman's detective side more than Begins did, and I'm sure that will involve him displaying more of his intelligence.

I don't think, however, that Batman should waste his time working on antidotes and gadgets from scratch by himself, just because he can. Batman is all about efficiency, and if he has a resource like Fox, then he should take advantage of it so he can focus on more important things.

The Guard is right, Bruce is faking it. At that point it should not yet be clear to Fox that he is Batman, although he may very well suspect it. I'm surprised by how many people don't pick up on that. He starts speaking differently as soon as he realizes Fox is in the room. He even gives Alfred a knowing glance just before he says "Am I gonna understand any of that?" like a dufus. But I guess it's just a testament to how good Bruce/Bale is at pretending to be a dumb playboy.

The Nolans have already let us know that TDK will showcase Batman's detective side more than Begins did, and I'm sure that will involve him displaying more of his intelligence.

I don't think, however, that Batman should waste his time working on antidotes and gadgets from scratch by himself, just because he can. Batman is all about efficiency, and if he has a resource like Fox, then he should take advantage of it so he can focus on more important things.

:whatever: Its quotes like this that grate me some people dont understand the batman character past his fighting abilities and "badass" persona its sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"