Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

Okay which episode should have been the series finale, The Gift or Chosen? I'm conflicted cause I found season six so depressing and 7 had good to great moments. Nathan's accent notwithstanding (satisfying end through).
Chosen. The show is a coming-of-age metaphor that feels incomplete at “died age 20” imo. Buffy grew up a lot in those last two seasons and her becoming a leader and passing on her knowledge/experience to others was the more natural and satisfying thematic endgame for the show I feel.

Yeah the overall execution on S7 could’ve been much better, but I’m still very glad we got it.

Chosen. The show is a coming-of-age metaphor that feels incomplete at “died age 20” imo. Buffy grew up a lot in those last two seasons and her becoming a leader and passing on her knowledge/experience to others was the more natural and satisfying thematic endgame for the show I feel.

Yeah the overall execution on S7 could’ve been much better, but I’m still very glad we got it.

Yeah agreed there. Think the show might technically be better without 6 & 7 in terms of pure quality, but 'Chosen' is a better ending for Buffy. For her to die young just as her predecessors did is not good enough for Buffy.

Sometimes in my mind, the show ends at Season 5 for me.

I love the message and the symbolism with 'Chosen' and Buffy sharing her power with Faith and the other girls and Willow evolving into a goddess, but 'The Gift' was just the perfect culmination of everything.

It's like someone posted above, it was the definitive end to a Slayer's journey. Stopping an apocalypse and sacrificing herself to save the world. I really loved that episode.

I'd probably only choose Chosen as I want the show to go on as long as possible and Buffy bringing down an entire hellmouth along with breaking the rules of 1 Slayer at a time is just sooo Buffy.

I just always missed the bright eyed Buffy of S1-5. After she came back she lost that spark she had which is understandable but even when she decided that she wanted to live, she was never the same.

While I love the overall message of Chosen and it serves as a pretty perfect Series finale (pt.2), it kind of brings an end to the uniqueness of the mythology and 100 Slayers running around just isnt the same. Though if someone really wanted to, I'm sure there could be some interesting consequences to it.

Yeah agreed there. Think the show might technically be better without 6 & 7 in terms of pure quality, but 'Chosen' is a better ending for Buffy. For her to die young just as her predecessors did is not good enough for Buffy.

I wouldnt say that she died as young as her predecessors, she was The Slayer for 6 years. That is above average for a Slayer.

Speaking of villains, I tell about the elephant in the room: Who has Adam not as the last favorite villain? They didnt play out their cards well with him. He could easy end up a tragic character, who tried to fit in but doesnt belong to any of his kinds so he decided to make the world more like him.

It's such a shame that the whole Initiative storyline fell apart when it's a totally interesting one to explore and Adam being the government's answer to a Slayer would've been perfect.

Adam weirdly never felt like a threat even though the show kept telling us he was. I was like I don't know he doesn't come off like one unlike the valley Hell God.

Still love the Enjoining Spell moment for what it was.

Glory was such a reprieve from Adam that...she's just Glorificus lol. One thing that not many shows have been able to do since Buffy was...give us a good mixture of male/female big bad villains. Female big bads are still very overlooked.

glorifiucus-anya.gif

e39022365c85afa8c2aab3fe6925114a72be0dfc.gif

tumblr_m6pnpuqLcf1qkx3d4o1_250.gif

With this Year being the 25th Anniversary of Buffy, I been doing
#BaggersTop5 List's. So today is Top 5 Buffy Episodes:

➡️

5) The Zeppo
4) The Gift
3) The Body
2) Becoming Part 1 and 2

Honourable Mentions:

*Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest
*Prophecy Girl
*School Hard
*What's My Line Part 1 and 2
*Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
*Surprise
*Innocence
*The Wish
*Amends
*Helpless
*Hush
*Grave
*Storyteller

1) Graduation Day Part 1 and 2

I wonder who the person was? So much sh** went down on that Buffy set, it’s wild.

I don’t know Nicholas man but Angel was a pretty dope show.
Still love this theme.

I mean can you even imagine a Xander spin-off? It would be like a slacker comedy with supernatural elements lol. Pass

I want to see the multiverse version where Ryan Reynolds got the role for Xander, it would be interesting how this changed the character.
Brandon run down his life for sure and those comments are the only way to get a minimum of attention.

I want to see the multiverse version where Ryan Reynolds got the role for Xander, it would be interesting how this changed the character.
Brandon run down his life for sure and those comments are the only way to get a minimum of attention.

It wouldn't have changed the character. Remember, Xander is the Whedon self insert character.

Which explains a LOT.

He 100% is. His falling out with DB must've been big to the point of DB and others refusing to even be in the same space as him during the 20th reunion. I have to assume it is from all of his drug use and it likely interfering with those age old friendships.

I wonder who the person was? So much sh** went down on that Buffy set, it’s wild.

While it is sad that they werent the Brady Bunch...they seem to be like most shows bts but hid it all better.

It wouldn't have changed the character. Remember, Xander is the Whedon self insert character.

Which explains a LOT.
Yes this knowledge certainly made the things I found annoying about the character to outright hatred.

Nicholas Brendon (obviously) is not doing well in his personal life. So it almost seems cruel to quote him saying something stupid and acrimonious. It’s shooting fish in a barrel. Now, it could be that this new Buffy book is detailed and well-rounded and that Brendon, overall, comes across as more thoughtful and congenial. :ebr: I.e., it could be that the folks at Comic Book Resources just cherrypicked the most salacious and gossipy bits from this book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"