"By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 6

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jul 1, 2014.

1. RLAAMJR.

RLAAMJR. Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Showing a reason why Storm changed her hair would be better because the kind of hairstyle that Storm had in x-men 2 and 3 are definitely not Storm's hairstyles.

2. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

Wtf are you babbling about LS? :o

It's getting old. If you don't like my posts you could always block me. Just saying...

3. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

If you have a 2 hour long ensemble film with many characters, they are simply not going to waste time focusing on why Storm changes her hairstyle from hilm to film. There are waaaaaayyyy more important aspects of Storm that need to be fleshed out first (like, an origin story perhaps) before they focus on something cosmetic like that.

Remember, Jean Grey and Rogue had non-classic hairstyles too. It's called adapting a comic to film--and in these situations, the filmmakers made a concious effort to modernize everyone's look versus translating the comic book looks so literally. This is why they were wearing black leather uniforms, why Logan's "Wolverine" hair wasn't so extreme in certain films and why young Xavier still has yet to go bald.

They are marketing these films to appeal to the general audience, not just the fanboys. I don't like what they've done to Storm's hair in these films either, mind you, but I seriously doubt Bryan Singer, Louise Mingenbach and others sat down and wrote out some traumatic scene explaining why Storm cuts her hair shorter with each film...I just don't think anyone is thinking that deeply about it. LOL

4. Lightning Strykez!

In the 12 years I've been a member of this site, I've never had to block anyone, and trust me, you will not be the first. For me to take a moment to block you would suggest that somehow I can't "handle" reading your posts. And that, my dear, is simply a gross overestimation of your posts' content. LOL :cool:

If you don't like me (and others here) calling you out so often on your comments perhaps you need to reexamine what and how you're posting. If you don't care to do that, then fine--we'll all deal with it--and I'm sure you'll deal with the consequences of the feedback as well. It's all up to you boo.

5. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Storm's hairstyle changes are more than likely considered by the filmmakers, because the style has evolved with each movie. The DoFP version was like an older version of Storm than in X3.

They also have to consider what looks good on the actress.

Ultimately, I prefer the longer classic hairstyle - but without those bangs.

6. Lightning Strykez!

Agreed, especially the bolded part. I think much of this has to do with what looks best on Halle Berry. If she were taller and had a longer neck, I believe the longer, flowing hairstyle would be fine. But she's shorter in stature and for as much as I loved the styling of X1, sometimes the hair seemed...I dunno...too big and overscaled for her body. And yet, there are times when it looks absolutely stunning on her, like here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's amazing to me is that Halle looks most like Storm when she is OUT of costume. I don't get it. :csad: As a woman, she looks best with shorter hair and I think after awhile, the filmmakers said "we have to make this actress look good and credible in the role." So they made some cosmetic changes to match. But somehow, they just can't seem to get it right without making her look geriatric.

7. jaymes_e06

Who are these people? Are they your imaginary friends? I get along with everyone but you. You are the one that has the problem with me for no reason(hence why I said if you don't like me you don't have to constantly interject your opinion or even read my thoughts). I called you out for constantly casting 30 year old women to play young versions of characters and how it is less plausible and you started ( to try and fail) to lambaste me. The only reason you got mad was because no one here was jumping on my case no matter how much you tried to make them do so. You again, are so desperate it's sad.

Deflecting by saying I don't make sense when in reality it is you doesn't make you win boo.:o

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  8. Lightning Strykez!

Oh. :dry: So now I'm the only poster you have run-ins with here? Really?

Jaymes, look at your posts just in the last few hours: You offended a user regarding his relationships with the women in his life. In the post above you mock me with the "imaginary friends" comment. Then you accuse me of being obsessed with you. :whatever: And that's just today. But the fact is, you're often on the ropes with various users here. Do you even realize that Jaymes?

Let's be clear: I don't have a problem with you personally. I don't know you beyond the fact that you're a username on my screen. And I apologize if you feel that I am terrorizing you. I don't dislike YOU, but I may dislike some of your posted comments. As the host and creator of this thread I'm naturally keenly interested in the topic at hand. If you make a post in a debate that I disagree with, I have the right to say I feel differently. We all have that right. And there's nothing wrong with that Jaymese06: the problems arise when you start questioning my intelligence (or that of others). It's those "below-the belt" comments that gets you in trouble. And that's pretty much it.

Anyway...we need to get back on topic regarding Storm...that character is far more important than this silliness. So let's move on, shall we?

9. jaymes_e06

^I don't care how you feel that's the point. Not in a malicious way just that things on the internet don't tend to faze me. I do feel you were trying me and you even admitted it but I didn't ever care.

Also just because you have a disagreement with someone doesn't mean you don't like them or they don't like you. What you fail to realize is myself and Batboy (AKA Matt) have known eachother for years. Sometimes we have differences in opinions.. it happens but I would consider him a friend and I think he would feel the same.

Anyway back to Storm's hair: I think that it should look like every other tv white wig I've seen instead of like a skunk. Sorry I just can't get into the black to white look. It doesn't look "natural" to me.

10. Lightning Strykez!

Anyway...

Well everyone, it looks like Halle may have a serious hit on her hands. Critic reviews are coming in regarding Steven Spielberg's Extant--which debuts this upcoming Wednesday on CBS--and they are raving. :up:

She landed the front cover of Entertainment Weekly today:

[​IMG]

And this "Behind The Scenes" clip is...well, everything. The last scene is... :eek:

LINK: http://www.cbs.com/shows/extant/video/12294F7A-4520-8D7E-F02C-F838962AC85D/extant-behind-the-scenes/

[​IMG]

I think I'm gonna love this show; it really feels like a big-budget film to me for some reason. Such a strong cast of actors including Louis Grossett Jr., Camryn Manheim, Goran Visnjic, and Pierce Gagnon--who plays her son...an android kid who is creepy as hell.

11. Lightning Strykez!

A shot of Halle with her producer, the great Steven Spielberg. :up:

[​IMG]

12. OroroDaGoddess

OroroDaGoddess Whether Witch

Yes! I feel in love with the show already just by the trailer! I just watched the "Behind The Scenes" clip and OMG! :wow: It looks so amazing! I love how they even focus on the small details in the show making it feel even more futuristic.

13. Drab87

Drab87 ~Charmed One~

How many times does it need to be said that you hate Halle as Storm or that Halle is a bad Storm or that Halle hair is wrong? And how can Halle be blamed for the costumes she is given to wear and the hair they give her. And the strangest of all is she gets blamed for the lines she gets in movies like she writes the scripts.

It's just crazy to me... She is Storm and has been Storm in 4 movies! And no matter how many bad things people say about her it's not going to change that fact!

14. Lightning Strykez!

[​IMG]

I agree with you but um...who are you talking to? :huh:

15. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I hope her new TV show is a hit and I hope she gets an Emmy nomination then eventually win!
    I hope the great Steven Spielberg hires her for his upcoming big movies!

16. Majik1387

Majik1387 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I need this to happen. :o

And no, I won't spam this everywhere. This is the last thread I'm posting it in tonight.

17. Drab87

Drab87 ~Charmed One~

I am not talking to anyone in particular. There are tons of people that comment how they hate Storm over and over. And they blame her for stuff she has no control over. I was just giving my opinion of it.

What I don't get is why some people state there opinions as if they are Facts.

18. RLAAMJR.

To Jaymes and Lightning, chill out guys. :)

19. coluanprime

coluanprime Well-Known Member

On the subject of the wig, not the length of the hair, I really don't understand why a movie with such a huge budget has a worse white wig than a tv show like Arrow. (not a knock on Arrow, I love the show, but it definitely has a lower budget than a feature film, just using it to compare...)[​IMG]

20. RLAAMJR.

Like jaymes said if i remember correctly, the bangs ruined the Storm's long white wig.

21. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

Didn't someone say in down BTS stuff, that Storm didn't have bangs? I want to see that.

22. OroroDaGoddess

OroroDaGoddess Whether Witch

[​IMG]

^ Wouldn't something like that have looked so much better in DOFP? In DOFP, it just looked like lights flickering behind the cloud (IMO).

This is what DOFP looked like to me.
    [​IMG]

23. Lightning Strykez!

LOL I have ice water in my veins. I live in chill, trust me. :cool:

[​IMG]

Majik, I'm feeling this. Where is it from?

24. Lightning Strykez!

Agreed.

However, for some strange reason these filmmakers are stuck on giving Storm bangs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even with her brief cameo as a young girl in both the X-Men Origins: Wolverine and First Class they put them on her. I think it's fine for her as an adolescent but as a young woman they could definitely do something different. I mean...is it completely out of the question to give her the classic black headdress/ tiara? That would effectively pull her hair back off her face as it classically appears in the comics. And since the headdress contains her lock-picking tools surely they can figure that into her origin story and give her an excuse to be wearing it in Apocalypse.

I mean, for God's sake, if Magneto can wear this....

[​IMG]

...is there really an excuse Storm can't wear her headdress? Really?

25. jaymes_e06

Aww... I never had an issue with him or anyone. I think we can be civil. I don't hold grudges so hopefully he doesn't either and we can move on.

Thanks for trying to be peacemaker. :woot: