Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly what you're talking about. Why would they cast Vanessa Willimas as Storm when Vanessa can easy past as a white women. :huh: Do you not see how fair Vanessa's skin complexion is? She has nothing in common with Storm.
My sister was so confused back in the 90's because she didn't understand how Storm could be from Africa and be white. She was convinced she was white or whitewashed in the TAS show.
X-Men+TAS+-+Storm+and+Rogue.png

tumblr_lcqe6kcWwd1qc2zk7.jpg

Vanessa-Williams-headshot_crop.jpg

Vanessa_Williams_-_Silver_%26_Gold_album_cover.jpg

She looks exactly like the most widely known version of the character (at that time) so I don't see the problem.

Let's just say she has been shown to have a variety of shades throughout the years not just the one that is in your mind.

This has gone on far further than I expected since this is an argument you simply cannot win. But since you're challenging my reading ability now...

Okay. Let's read. Shall we?

And that, my dear man, is the point where I began challenging your intepretation of how these two actresses look physically. Yaya was no longer in the equation at that point. It wasn't until I cornered you on your own statements that you started throwing chairs, complaining about candids vs. photo-shopped pics and s*** to prove your point as sufficient. LOL

If you're saying NOW that KeKe doesn't "really" resemble Halle Berry--which every one of us reading this thread can see as clear as day--then fine; you've conceded your argument and we can move on. ;)
You asked me a question I gave you an answer that was the only reason I compared them because you asked me how I think they look alike. I said it to begin with I don't think they look exactly alike. I even told you to read my original post throughout this discussion. You just don't want to admit you didn't have a good argument but yes agree to disagree before you dig a larger hole for yourself. ;)

Last edited:
You asked me a question I gave you an answer that was the only reason I compared them because you asked me how I think they look alike. I said it to begin with I don't think they look exactly alike. I even told you to read my original post throughout this discussion. You just don't want to admit you didn't have a good argument but yes agree to disagree before you dig a larger hole for yourself. ;)

giphy.gif

Goodnight Mr. Jaymes. :whatever:

I heart Vanessa Williams!

And she would have been great as the weather goddess Storm!

To say Vanessa could pass as white is a huge stretch. I understand now with the plastic surgery she may look a little more ambiguous, but she does not look like a white woman

first-black-miss.jpeg

vw-miss-america.jpg

To say Vanessa could pass as white is a huge stretch. I understand now with the plastic surgery she may look a little more ambiguous, but she does not look like a white woman

first-black-miss.jpeg

vw-miss-america.jpg
Agreed.
I don't even think she or Storm looked white in TAS.

It's actually strange that people would complain about Vanessa when Halle is actually only half African American while Vanessa is full.

Could Storm be featured in the Avengers movies? She has been an Avenger after all. I could see it being a QuickSilver type situation. I mean most likely they wouldn't do it but it would be cool to see how marvel would use her powers and who they would cast.

Ah yes, the LIFETIME ORIGINAL MOVIE. I'm sure it'll be top notch quality.

I'm sure it will be as well. Especially with a legend like Angela Bassett there with her every step of the way. :yay:

My sister was so confused back in the 90's because she didn't understand how Storm could be from Africa and be white. She was convinced she was white or whitewashed in the TAS show.

She looks exactly like the most widely known version of the character (at that time) so I don't see the problem.

Let's just say she has been shown to have a variety of shades throughout the years not just the one that is in your mind.

She looks nothing like the animated series Storm (IMO). I would also hope that the casting director would look for the right Storm the fits the comic book version. Not the animated series.

Yes, we can say she's been shown "different shades throughout the years" but, Storm still shouldn't be played by Vanessa Williams.

Could Storm be featured in the Avengers movies? She has been an Avenger after all. I could see it being a QuickSilver type situation. I mean most likely they wouldn't do it but it would be cool to see how marvel would use her powers and who they would cast.

No.

I'd rather they not try to get an actress that looks like Halle Berry.

Lupita is one of my faves for the role, and I know I'm not alone in that, and she and Halle look nothing alike. Lupita looks more like a younger feminine Grace Jones than Halle.

No thanks to Keke or Yaya; I personally want Yaya for Misty Knight. I'm alright with Keke as an actress, but I don't see her as a good actress for Storm.

Lupita is one of my faves for the role, and I know I'm not alone in that, and she and Halle look nothing alike. Lupita looks more like a younger feminine Grace Jones than Halle.

No thanks to Keke or Yaya; I personally want Yaya for Misty Knight. I'm alright with Keke as an actress, but I don't see her as a good actress for Storm.
So the only actress you want is Lupita for the role, id be surprised honestly if they went with her.

Lupita may be busy in a galaxy far, far away.

Lupita could have done a lot worse than Star Wars 7.

Far enough I personally don't think Lupita is that great of a look for Ororo as some seem to think. I think Angela Bassett when I think Storm as far as her high cheekbones where as Lupita is more boxy faced.

She looks nothing like the animated series Storm (IMO). I would also hope that the casting director would look for the right Storm the fits the comic book version. Not the animated series.

Yes, we can say she's been shown "different shades throughout the years" but, Storm still shouldn't be played by Vanessa Williams.
Just out of curiosity who do you think has the quintessential Storm look, if you don't mind me asking?

BTW it's not just TAS that make her look very light and yes look like Vanessa...
vjbh-12Storm.jpg

storm.jpg

Last edited:
Keke > Yaya.

Yaya's a model. She needs to stick to modeling. She's also old.

Keke looks like Angela Basset's younger sister. :atp:

You gotta be kidding me...

Keke Palmer talkers worse than Beyoncé and can't act worth *****. Can y'all please stop. Lol.

Keke Palmer talkers worse than Beyoncé and can't act worth *****. Can y'all please stop. Lol.
Keke is not my top choice, but I entered the thread and people were taking about Keke and Yaya. Yaya is a beautiful model… but that's practically what we already got over 4 films. Keke is a good actress, and the right age. Yaya is neither.

So, bye…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"