Bye Bye Batman

Moral of the story - you make quality shows, they'll be a hit. Just because it's a superhero show doesn't give you a free-pass to make crap

There's also another moral to the story. Crap or quality can be debated but it's hard to argue economics. Clearly it is less expensive to market and purchase shows like Skunk Fu, Johnny Test, etc. than \ superhero shows which are also commercial properties with rights and licensing the CW or 4Kids do not own (so it becomes harder to make a bucketload of money.)

On a side note, careful people. You're getting really excited over Wolverine and the X-men but I remember when Buffy the Vampire Slayer animated series was supposed to debut (on the WB I believe.) Had a pilot finished and everything I heard. Besides the way things are going with the networks, let's hope there's a channel that will actually show Wolverine.
Maybe studios should think about using on demand or doing direct to DVD

Buffy TAS was never attached to any network. None of them were interested.

Eww, Emma Frost.
I never liked Emma Frost. :down

When it comes down to it,The Batman is over...and i would take Spetacular Spider-Man over Wolverine and The X-Men,even at this early point.At least SSM looks something like the comics,and not something done in a cash cow attempt.I don't want to further take the thread off topic,but i feel like that.

Here we go again folks, the suits at WB in all their money-grubbing, penny-pinching wisdom announced that they are going ****e out their currently awesome Saturday morning cartoon block on CW to 4Kids next year so all our favorite shows like The Batman, Legion of Super-Heroes and Spectactular Spider-Man can be replaced once again by all that import crap that we thought we were getting rid of finally. They are too lazy and cheap to make their own quality programming, that is why we lost Justice League a little while back and thats why we are losing these great shows now. Corporate greed strikes again! Greed is the root of all evil and it is going to be the downfall of humanity if something isn't done about it.

The Batman, cancled? Oh happy day!

Not so fast guys....here is some news on the subject:

More at Newsarama
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131642

Excerpt:

"The news has left fans of not only comic book-based animation but also long term franchises like Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry speculating on the future of their favorite weekend programs. According to the source, fans of The Batman, Legion of Super Heroes, the upcoming Spectacular Spider-Man and other comic book and animated stables should not be too concerned.

Simply put, the end of Kids WB! does not mean the end of Warner Bros. Animation, the source explained, pointing out that they are two completely separate entities. For many shows, Kids WB! was the outlet Warner Bros. Animation series used, but those series aren’t going to be cancelled at the end of the 2007-2008 season. “We are exploring a number of other avenues to direct this programming, from other networks to direct-to-DVD options,” the source said. “There are a wide field of possibilities to be explored.”

So, if we want to add our two cents, it's Warner Bros. Animation we should contact.

Not so fast guys....here is some news on the subject:

More at Newsarama
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131642

Excerpt:

"The news has left fans of not only comic book-based animation but also long term franchises like Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry speculating on the future of their favorite weekend programs. According to the source, fans of The Batman, Legion of Super Heroes, the upcoming Spectacular Spider-Man and other comic book and animated stables should not be too concerned.

Simply put, the end of Kids WB! does not mean the end of Warner Bros. Animation, the source explained, pointing out that they are two completely separate entities. For many shows, Kids WB! was the outlet Warner Bros. Animation series used, but those series aren’t going to be cancelled at the end of the 2007-2008 season. “We are exploring a number of other avenues to direct this programming, from other networks to direct-to-DVD options,” the source said. “There are a wide field of possibilities to be explored.”

So, if we want to add our two cents, it's Warner Bros. Animation we should contact.

If they move to CN, they will be buried. DTV's aren't full length shows.
Basically, the article gave us nothing than more words about the shows being canned when 4Kids takes over.

I can imagine that The Batman will be over now,in order to avoid confusion with The Dark Knight comes out.Wolverine and the X-Men is just propaganda for the Wolverine movie that will come out later on.

What do you think The Batman was for? Or BTAS? X-men Evolution?

A lot of cartoon shows, that have been GOOD cartoon shows were made because of movie deals, or to supplement the movies. This is not a new thing.

All you guys complain so much about The Batman and JLU. Look what happened. The shows were on for a LONG TIME. They got a lot of episodes. That's good right? Can't you just be happy that animated super hero action adventure shows lasted more than a season or two? That doesn't happen often enough.

Look at F4 and Iron Man's cartoons. They were cancelled after their second seasons when the shows finally stepped up and got good. JLU and The Batman both got like five seasons and a ton of episodes. Bruce Timm was relieved about JLU being done, he was ready to move on.

Why is Wolverine and The X-men a good thing? Because it's another X-men cartoon. It's set for at least 26 episodes, and it's got a lot of the Evolution team working on it, with an even BETTER voice cast. I'm looking forward to the show, Wolverine propaganda or not.

Make a good show and then cancel for no real good reason, dear God what is wrong with world you'd almost expect that FOX is behind all these cancellations of quality tv shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"