Justice League Can Justice League be just as huge as The Avengers?

JL will not be as received poorly as BvS. Affleck isn't going back...

I'm not prognosticating on this film's quality till I have at least heard a synopsis or seen footage. Despite the problems with BvS, I don't see how anyone can take as a certainty that JL will suck. Say it might, say it probably will, that's okay-- there's certainly a chance it will be as bad/worse than BvS, and using precedence the odds are not good. But to say you know it will flop and Snyder will ruin it is just nonsense. Nobody knows. Please stop acting like an uncertain thing is certain.
I'm not going to put if in everyone of my posts. Of course there is at least a 1% chance that what most think is going to happen (mediocre to bad reviews and huge drops after a big opening) won't happen.

I am open to that percentage going up if we get proof of WB drastically putting their foot down about certain things and the marketing shows us that there will be some real fun to be had and that's backed up by what the actors and director are saying.

Last edited:
But why worry till we get definite stuff to worry about? I'm sorry, but that seems like cart before horse logic. I know I'm not gonna change your mind, but I feel like you, and almost everyone else is just unnecessarily freaking out. There's more than 1% odds this film won't suck. It's like at least a 50/50....there's set up for some good stuff too.

But why worry till we get definite stuff to worry about? I'm sorry, but that seems like cart before horse logic. I know I'm not gonna change your mind, but I feel like you, and almost everyone else is just unnecessarily freaking out. There's more than 1% odds this film won't suck. It's like at least a 50/50....there's set up for some good stuff too.
I've already got definite stuff to worry about. You have a director who'd rather have pointless dream sequences instead of building up one of the lead characters or the story, you have a director who I haven't seen admit to any mistakes and a studio that just indulged that director and for all I know might indulge him again more than they should.

I think Justice League lost the benefit of the doubt on March 25th. It gets no freebies from me, it's up to WB to convince me not to be worried. My default is worry until we get reviews November 2017.

I don't agree with the 50/50 odds at all of course. That goes without saying though.

With weak film makers, a poor and lazy strategy, a track record of consistent disappointments and a, "they'll pay anyway" mentality then the answer is no. Not in this reality.

This.

At this rate I see JL making less than BvS.

I don't want antagonize anyone, especially you, ISS, as I like and respect your opinion, but I just don't get default worrying. The track record is bad, I'll admit, but wouldn't you feel better being optimistic?

Maybe its just me-- I hate seeing all these good posters-- you, chip, herolee, Jokes, etc, -- so down. I'm sad it's come to this.

I don't want antagonize anyone, especially you, ISS, as I like and respect your opinion, but I just don't get default worrying. The track record is bad, I'll admit, but wouldn't you feel better being optimistic?

Maybe its just me-- I hate seeing all these good posters-- you, chip, herolee, Jokes, etc, -- so down. I'm sad it's come to this.
I know you don't get it and I respect that and even kinda understand why you don't. And you know I think you're a super cool chick. We are just having a huge non meeting of the minds right now.

Yes I would feel so much better being optimistic. I'm a huge DC fan and I would welcome optimism...if I saw a reason to be. Right now at this moment, and I'm not happy about it, I don't have much to grasp on to outside of the good cast and costuming.

It's not just you, I hate, hate that BvS dramatically harmed my and other posters interest in Justice League. I would love to have loved BvS and been interested in JL to the degree that I want to be. The whole situation is a major bummer.

Oh you know our minds can always meet in the gutters, lusting over Cavill :woot:

What's so frustrating for me is I see the flaws in BvS....and I am worried. I just don't think it's all hopeless. I get why people might think that, but....i just can't think anyone on this project wouldn't reassess. So I do think there's cause to believe fine tuning is happening. Affleck at least is smart enough to save this ship, if nobody else.

how can people not be pessimistic though? It's easy enough to say wait and see but lets look at the facts:

• The tone if the universe is off putting to a lot of regular movie goers
• The director has never had a film that has won over mass audiences nor one that's ever had critical acclaim
• The director doesn't understand how to tell a bloody story
• The quality of the editing is diminishing
• The characterisation of Superman is turning people off
• The word of mouth for both MoS and BvS were terrible
• The critical response is getting worse
• WB committed their universe to a director who people just don't like.

What's to be positive about exactly? Wonder Woman? She's about the only thing that came out unscathed in BvS but even then the girl playing her hasn't exactly proven herself to be able to actually lead a movie on her own.

It's not gonna make Avengers money.

Unless the critics see it beforehand and really love it

Ma Kent's not that bad
QvjrSnZ.jpg

I honestly don't know. Seeing as how Zack Snyder juggled the trinity's screen time.... I'm more concerned on how he'll treat the Cyborg, Flash, and Aquaman characters as opposed to Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman plus all the supporting casts that those heroes will bring to this huge movie event.

I'm always hopeful and think it might do, in a perfect world i would say F*** Yes, with flying colors.
But this ain't a perfect world.

This Superman is cynical and doesn't inspire hope.

So why should I be hopeful?

No because Snyder is at the helm. In fact, we probably will only get two real scenes with the league all together and it will happen only after they all realized they liked eating Oreos as a kid so they bond over that.

No because Snyder is at the helm. In fact, we probably will only get two real scenes with the league all together and it will happen only after they all realized they liked eating Oreos as a kid so they bond over that.

lmao oh man. I'd love it if they confirmed MM to be in JL.

Not gonna happen, especially if that bit about the Leaguers being "angry people who could have easily turned bad" rumor is true :hehe: I will still enjoy it like a good fanboy though :o

Do you have a link to that rumor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"