Justice League Can Justice League be just as huge as The Avengers?

I pray that's not true.

I don't think the GA will go for it either. Part of it sounds a little bit like what Scarlet Witch did to The Avengers in AoU.

Thanks for the rumor

I doubt it.

Wonder Woman did not look angry one towards the end of the movie, neither did Batman, Supes can't be angry cause he's dead, also, I don't get why Flash would be shown as angry one.

I can buy that Aquaman is angry.

Not even a chance at this point. Batman v Superman was such a let down for so many people, that I believe it did legitimate damage to DC as a cinematic brand.

There probably will be people who saw BvS who will not be seeing justice league. It would take a critically successful Justice League 1 to possibly position Justice League Part 2 for Avengers numbers, but there's no way part 1 does it.

Well, let's just analyse what came before shall we:

Before Avengers were five movies, including the critically and commercially acclaimed Iron Man. Then there was Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron man 2, Captain America. All five movie were box offices successes to one degree or another, even Hulk.

One fantastic movie, two good movies, two adequate (if a little off the mark) movies.

The amount of goodwill and expectation going into Avengers was very high. The groundwork had been laid effectively.

Now we have Justice League.

Which will come after one critically average movie that did average to poor box office, and one critically derided movie that did average to poor box office. Both movies alienate the largest audience by far - children with their parents. And the film will release after over a decade of superhero movies, in a year stuffed with them. A mere few weeks before the release of a Star wars movie.

Now, does anyone think Justice League really has a hope in hell of getting even close to Avengers?

^ There's also the fact that despite the other solos not being as good as Iron Man, none of them were tentpole films. The only Phase 1 tentpoles were Iron Man and The Avengers, both which received critical acclaim. They were off to a great start and ended with a great result, despite whatever missteps happened in between.

You can't say that about the DCEU. They were off to a "meh" start with MoS, then their first planned billion-to-be tentpole film was critically panned and underperformed. I'd be as if Iron Man received a lukewarm response and then Marvel releases Avengers which receives a negative response. That's the situation WB is in.

It'll make a ton of money regardless of BvS or the reviews but if its critically well received its gonna be a huge hit.

Before Avengers were five movies, including the critically and commercially acclaimed Iron Man. Then there was Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron man 2, Captain America. All five movie were box offices successes to one degree or another, even Hulk.

Overlooking your gushing, on what planet was The Incredible Hulk a box office success? It didn't even double its $150M production budget worldwide. It made even less overseas than in the US. It was a flop. CA:TFA didn't make as much as Thor, but at least it made some money, especially compared to TIH.

Now, does anyone think Justice League really has a hope in hell of getting even close to Avengers?

Yes, I do, for various reasons.

Last edited:
Overlooking your gushing, on what planet was The Incredible Hulk a box office success? It didn't even double its $150M production budget worldwide. It made even less overseas than in the US. It was a flop. CA:TFA didn't make as much as Thor, but at least it made some money, especially compared to TIH.

Yes, I do, for various reasons.

I cheerfully stand corrected on TIH.

Cap and Thor's profit margins are both much higher than BvS's.

....and the gushing comment? You're just desperate for me to be a Marvel fanboy, aren't you? I'm not. What I am is level headed.

Last edited:
Cap and Thor's profit margins are both much higher than BvS's.

BvS has earned 200M in pure revenue apart from the box office. Home video sales are forthcoming.

Rest assured, WB is making money from this film, regardless of what those of you up in the BO thread write everyday. ;)

BvS has earned 200M in pure revenue apart from the box office. Home video sales are forthcoming.

Rest assured, WB is making money from this film, regardless of what those of you up in the BO thread write everyday. ;)

All that Doritos money, eh?

BvS is a box office disappointment.

It's not that it didn't make money. It's that it severely underperformed by WB's standards.

Which normally wouldn't be as bad for a one-and-done kinda film, but this was meant to be the film that launches off the DCEU. It means future films, particularly JL, are in trouble as far as BO revenue goes. It's very likely to make even less than BvS did. There's a solid chance WB might actually lose some money this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"