Daredevil Cancelled!

Sweet , name them please. though I think one that are similar to what iron fist should have been prodution wise would be hard to do . special effects wise. the other's not so much seeing how flashy that one was supposed to be. if it had good qulityprodution and wasn't rush job from the jump cause some one at the top was impatient.

Sweet , name them please. though I think one that are similar to what iron fist should have been prodution wise would be hard to do . special effects wise. the other's not so much seeing how flashy that one was supposed to be. if it had good qulityprodution and wasn't rush job from the jump cause some one at the top was impatient.

Stranger Things, American Vandal, Black Mirror, Glow, Haunting Of Hill House, to name a few. Honestly it's harder to list 13 episode series on the platform (outside of Marvel of course)/

Stranger Things, American Vandal, Black Mirror, Glow, Haunting Of Hill House, to name a few. Honestly it's harder to list 13 episode series on the platform (outside of Marvel of course)/
well I asked of the less then 13 episode ongoing series. but I'm sure those are hard to name . Thanks for answering. truth be told I think the only one that really do that are from out side north america. And they are from ether the Uk or japan the latter very's with 10 12's to 13's. and the really hort one are 3 -5's and that's some of their animes which they call ova's

of the one's you mentioned that come close to what marvel's doing I guess black mirrror is the closet and then stranger thing's .

well I asked of the less then 13 episode ongoing series. but I'm sure those are hard to name . Thanks for answering. truth be told I think the only one that really do that are from out side north america. And they are from ether the Uk or japan the latter very's with 10 12's to 13's. and the really hort one are 3 -5's and that's some of their animes which they call ova's

of the one's you mentioned that come close to what marvel's doing I guess black mirrror is the closet and then stranger thing's .

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Regardless, the 13 episode rule does not exist for Netflix. Tons of their productions have shorter episode counts, US or otherwise.

House of Cards did 13 per season.

Fuller House did 13 and I think two half seasons of 9 each for season 3. Back to 13 for S4

Marco Polo did 10.

Ozark does 10

Frontier does 6.

Castlevania did 4 for S1, 8 for S2, and is getting 10 for S3.

The Ranch does like half seasons of 10 each, so 20 episodes, but it's also a traditional sitcom so cheaper to produce.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Regardless, the 13 episode rule does not exist for Netflix. Tons of their productions have shorter episode counts, US or otherwise.
I'm just figuring out the order of things this was a thing sorta before net flix in certain places but was something that thing needed season wise, cause it was just done by those peoples own selves.

yes it was was said . there basically isn't any reason to Reboot
since net flix think's that and feel's this way, so there nothing blocking marvel from using the actors still. if net flix says they don't own the show, characters and actors and they are marvels then marvel can use their actors of the net flix shows in the MCU with out ptoblem .

Yes rebooting chracterc from Netflix makes no sense!
They are already in MCU universe and rebooting them is a big incoherence, like Jubilee and Deadpool in foxUniverse which any producers didnt care anything

-But Feige takes care about coherences of his universe
-Disney+ cant reprise characters from Netflix
-They said Dardevil will appear in futures Marvel projects
How will they proceed ?

With upcoming Disney+, Disney will cancel shows from Hulu and Freeform too ?????

House of Cards did 13 per season.

Fuller House did 13 and I think two half seasons of 9 each for season 3. Back to 13 for S4

Marco Polo did 10.

Ozark does 10

Frontier does 6.

Castlevania did 4 for S1, 8 for S2, and is getting 10 for S3.

The Ranch does like half seasons of 10 each, so 20 episodes, but it's also a traditional sitcom so cheaper to produce.
A lot of Netflix's very first shows were 13 seasons. House of Cards and Orange is the New Black are examples of that. Over time, they realized that shorter seasons released more frequently was a better idea.

I also prefer shorter seasons 8-10 I think is good.

I'm glad The Witcher will only be 8.

I never minded the episode count. Just because an episode or two gets more introspective never really bothered me. I like it more than coming up with some inane subplot to keep the action going. The only time it's bother me is when I feel like their just treading water or just repeating the same basic plot of a previous episode. Jessica Jones season 2 had that where one episode
Jessica and her mom team up and leave her wondering if they should run off together before that hope gets taken away and finale did the same exact thing.

As long as the story is engaging it shouldn't matter if there's action or if the main plot is furthered along. But that's just me.

10 is my ideal for a series that has a lot going on.

I also prefer shorter seasons 8-10 I think is good.

I'm glad The Witcher will only be 8.
Shorter seasons is fine with me (although I have no complaint with Daredevil Season Three). If they had any interest in working it out, they would have compromised and ordered two seasons of six episodes.

Shorter seasons is fine with me (although I have no complaint with Daredevil Season Three). If they had any interest in working it out, they would have compromised and ordered two seasons of six episodes.

It's confusing to me why Marvel would be so much against shorter seasons or half season deals. It would probably be easier for all involved and they could probably get more out of the budgets.

Let's be honest, some of the shows were a little lacking in terms of scope, especially Iron Fist.

It's confusing to me why Marvel would be so much against shorter seasons or half season deals. It would probably be easier for all involved and they could probably get more out of the budgets.

Let's be honest, some of the shows were a little lacking in terms of scope, especially Iron Fist.
well you've asked more then twice now and the onlything coming to my mind right now in marvel's tv point of view which Joe Q & lobe are in charge of is that they think they won't make the same amount of moeny they were making with the orginal 13 episode count. and joe as coo is till over seeing the editors of the comic's be side over seeing the tv side .and we know the comic's industry has been suffer for some time now when ever they make bad busnies chose or have low sales rates. so it's possible there some certain debt they are paying off and subplemting in other area's. it's the only thing that come to mind.

I never minded the episode count. Just because an episode or two gets more introspective never really bothered me. I like it more than coming up with some inane subplot to keep the action going. The only time it's bother me is when I feel like their just treading water or just repeating the same basic plot of a previous episode. Jessica Jones season 2 had that where one episode
Jessica and her mom team up and leave her wondering if they should run off together before that hope gets taken away and finale did the same exact thing.

As long as the story is engaging it shouldn't matter if there's action or if the main plot is furthered along. But that's just me.
I'm of the same mind

truth be told if you have the same people doing the story the same problem still show up regardless of the leathsadly.

Yes rebooting chracterc from Netflix makes no sense!
They are already in MCU universe and rebooting them is a big incoherence, like Jubilee and Deadpool in foxUniverse which any producers didnt care anything

-But Feige takes care about coherences of his universe
-Disney+ cant reprise characters from Netflix
-They said Dardevil will appear in futures Marvel projects
How will they proceed ?

yes Feiges a reasonable logical man and care's about co herence.

- Yeah see that part I keep thinking this is a business, and two that netflix feel the characters & show's aren't theirs which is one of the many reason they canceled it.
disney should take the path Warner brothers has here to a degree. if warner can do so can Disney.

-If I were in Feige's position the the option would be 5, may be
they have show featuring the winter solder with falcon as show coming to disney plus.

hqdefault.jpg

Game of Thrones Prequel and new Marvel Series! - The Rundown - Electric Playground
1.4K views1 month ago

the winter soldier has been known to have history as dark as the Punisher and he's still getting show on Disney plus +

-Really think about this here, if winter soldier can be there so can punisher.in my mind the best course of action would be to restristed to certain age groups for characterls like punisher. this it'll be up to an adult if they want to watch that show. and they need to have proof of age id for that show for verification that your full adult.

-Again I'm going with what the idea that disney once had shows like the anime Sai yuki( A version of journey to the west) that had in english dub form both high voilence and swearing in it and it was on the Disney XD channel and naruto shippoden had a character called hidan of the akutski(spelling) that cused like he couldn't live with out it in sub form this was done in after hour on that channel . and no kid under the age of 13 should be up past mid night.

And there was that thing with the winter soldier , and I'm sorry we did see death with Coulson in the first avenger movie which was a graphic death not to mention on agents of shield where he killed his former supposed friend turned hydra agent by incinerating him.
last there's that anime I mentioned called

-the other option would to have marvel do what Dc has done and have their own streaming service and pass them down other channel like hulu , Crave, and ordinar channels like showcase here in canada like how they bedoing qith show like the runaways. at least this way the likely hood of geust staring & crossover are possble with out hinderence every get's what they want. and they keep to the genre's they want. and they put more gritty show both channel out side the marvel streaming service out side the USA to channel's that will allow for it.

the option is to put all those on just hulu and to countine where they left off. again net flix feel the character & shows & actors aren't their's. this mean marvels
free to use them still.

With upcoming Disney+, Disney will cancel shows from Hulu and Freeform too ?????
Not likely, they were never planning to do that this was net flix 's action's via peranoia and wanting control and marvels not wanting loose any futher control . it was nothing but a power struggle

Disney was content with thing's and the places those shows were on. the only reason this happen was because some at netflix couldn't get the idea of not owning the ip and that their partner had two streaming service's and that ment they are competeting with them. so no matter what was and even if it is the truth that disney had no plans to ever remove those shows the person at the net flix sreamservice had trust issue's. it's likely the people at net flix think this were people that were going to them selves "it's
what I'd do."

Last edited:

Because Marvel gets paid X amount of dollars for a season. That includes production costs and however much Netflix was paying for the show itself to Marvel, aka the profit they're making. If you cut X in half, you're not just cutting the production costs in half, you're also making half as much profit.

Because Marvel gets paid X amount of dollars for a season. That includes production costs and however much Netflix was paying for the show itself to Marvel, aka the profit they're making. If you cut X in half, you're not just cutting the production costs in half, you're also making half as much profit.

What about keeping the budgets the same and just cutting the episode counts in half?

What about keeping the budgets the same and just cutting the episode counts in half?

That'd be great, but that is not what Netflix was offering. Remember, reports were the shows were expensive and a concern for Netflix. So they were not going to overpay for less.

More replay-ability, thus more viewers
and even if the budgets were lowered to reflect the lower ep count...the writers & directors would be forced to get creative

So the initial reports were that these are expensive shows to make. I think that's still a viable argument. Certainly, paying twice as much per episode is not helpful to Netflix.

So the initial reports were that these are expensive shows to make. I think that's still a viable argument. Certainly, paying twice as much per episode is not helpful to Netflix.

Well these amounts were agreed upon ahead of time. So I guess it was no longer good for them. Too bad they couldn't come to a compromise.

I think it's a shame that a compromise could not be reached. The price was agreed to with 13 episodes. There's no doubt that the price for six episodes would be proportionally less.

Yall see this ?

Don't get your hopes up for The Defenders appearing on Disney+ for some time

According to Variety, sources have told them that Netflix's deal with Marvel regarding the original four Marvel TV shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) includes a clause which prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after the cancellation of the series.

So no reboot or continuation until sometime after 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"