The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain America Sequel to Hit Theaters on April 4, 2014!
Source: The Walt Disney Studios April 5, 2012

The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios' sequel to the blockbuster Captain America: The First Avenger on April 4, 2014.

The second installment will pick-up where the highly anticipated Marvel's The Avengers (May 4, 2012) leaves off, as Steve Rogers continues his affiliation with Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D and struggles to embrace his role in the modern world.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88933

Old news but I just wanted to post it again

Where do you see the sequel going, who do you wanna see cast, what do you think will happen etc.

I'm gonna be really happy if Marvel confirms Black Widow for this film lol Id be so happy to know Sexy Scarlette Johanson is back !!! lol ( sorry wasting space)

Spell her name right :o

Well I want both Hawkeye and Widow turning up. I've made it clear that I think Natasha is just as important in the story line as Steve. Also, Hawkeye is one of my faveourite Marvel characters; I'd like to see more 616 Clint!

^Well, what if Scarlette Johnson does want the role?

Then my wishes would have been answered...

I think having Hawkeye in the film would be overdoing it. They already have Falcon and the Winter Soldier in this film, let alone Black Widow, and we'll most likely be getting Sharon Carter as well. If we add Hawkeye to it, then this would really feel like what Iron Man 2 was and just a film that's meant to rush people to the next Avengers film.

I think having Hawkeye in the film would be overdoing it. They already have Falcon and the Winter Soldier in this film, let alone Black Widow, and we'll most likely be getting Sharon Carter as well. If we add Hawkeye to it, then this would really feel like what Iron Man 2 was and just a film that's meant to rush people to the next Avengers film.
Having half of the Avengers in the movie would kind of make people think it's a mini-Avengers and then question why couldn't Banner and Stark join them as well. They can bring in members like BW and Hawkeye to bring some connectivity to the franchises but there also needs to be some separation of the team so the franchises stand somewhat on their own. Cap needs his own set of supporting characters apart from his Avengers one.

Then they'll ask why doesn't Thor just come back via the Tesseract and kick the **** out of whoever the villain is.

Picked up that Cap Hoodie with mask over at Walmart
walmartcaphoodie.jpg

Black Widow has a pretty long history as a Captain America supporting character. She's been in probably 20-30 issues over the past 10 years. I think that is the reason they'll use Black Widow, and not just to go "Hey, Avengers cameo!"

Hawkeye's interaction with Cap has always been in Avengers comics. I could do without either in the movie, but I can at least justify Black Widow's based on the source material.

Having half of the Avengers in the movie would kind of make people think it's a mini-Avengers and then question why couldn't Banner and Stark join them as well. They can bring in members like BW and Hawkeye to bring some connectivity to the franchises but there also needs to be some separation of the team so the franchises stand somewhat on their own. Cap needs his own set of supporting characters apart from his Avengers one.

Or, having Widow and Hawkeye in the movie would make it feel like the Great Big Marvel (Shared) Marvel Universe the studio set out to create in the first place.

People, this is the way it works in the comics. Audiences understand that. They *expect* that. The tired, lame old excuse about "omg advertising for Avengers movie!!!!" no longer works. It's the MCU, and just like the comics, characters weave in and out of each other's stories.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Hawkeye in the movie.

Wonder how closely they'll be following Brubaker's run? I hope Lukin and the Soviets will still be a part of WS's background. Might they they might skip the middle man and make him a Hydra agent? Hopefully with Widow involved we'll still get the Cold War angle.

Or, having Widow and Hawkeye in the movie would make it feel like the Great Big Marvel (Shared) Marvel Universe the studio set out to create in the first place.

People, this is the way it works in the comics. Audiences understand that. They *expect* that. The tired, lame old excuse about "omg advertising for Avengers movie!!!!" no longer works. It's the MCU, and just like the comics, characters weave in and out of each other's stories.
The comics are different. The comics give you about 2-3 times the story you get from a movie every year, while you get a movie once in three years. So you can afford to feature guest appearances every now and then.

Black Widow is fine. She is relevant, though not necessary to the storyline in question. Hawkeye is taking it too far.

I like him too and would like to see him again before Avengers 2, but why not do it in Iron Man 3, or Ant Man?

Wonder how closely they'll be following Brubaker's run? I hope Lukin and the Soviets will still be a part of WS's background. Might they they might skip the middle man and make him a Hydra agent? Hopefully with Widow involved we'll still get the Cold War angle.
The Soviets have to be involved, even if only in the backstory. I wish they'd give HYDRA a wide berth for the time being.

I really want them to reveal that Widow has the super soldier serum in her.

I really want them to reveal that Widow has the super soldier serum in her.

Or whatever the Russian equivalent was, yeah. Would be a pretty cool reveal to learn she's been kicking around for decades. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"