The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, I didn't want to know that...!

Don't people remember the plot pieces that came out detailing exactly that?
I have been avoiding most plot points on this one. I am trying to be a good boy and TDW has kept me pretty preoccupied.

I have been avoiding most plot points on this one. I am trying to be a good boy and TDW has kept me pretty preoccupied.

The "plot points" came out a long time ago ..... way before your mission to tell the Thor fans Nolan still does it better.

This movie has bumped A:AOU out of its #2 spot for my most anticipated superhero movies. Pulpy Indiana Jones-esque WWII Cap is great fun, but this **** feels like Cap's fully rounded character will be on 100% display; you can already see a progression in him. We've finally weeded through the origin stuff and can get the seasoned Cap that everyone knows and respects as he is in the books. Looks fantastic.

This movie has bumped A:AOU out of its #2 spot for my most anticipated superhero movies. Pulpy Indiana Jones-esque WWII Cap is great fun, but this **** feels like Cap's fully rounded character will be on 100% display; you can already see a progression in him. We've finally weeded through the origin stuff and can get the seasoned Cap that everyone knows and respects as he is in the books. Looks fantastic.

It looks as if they finally figured out he doesn't half to be toe the line of being wooden and kept. He can be a man of great morals, but still have personality. For me that's what I thought the writers struggled with most when portraying him in the first film.

Yeah, and he really is a tough nut to crack in his pre-frozen days. But now that the writers (same from TFA for that matter) have some great conflict, both internal and external, to play with, it can elevate him to whole new level--personality-wise. His edge will bring more interesting traits and interactions to the table this time around.

The sequence was shown at D23 and "parachutes are for girls" wasn't in it.

616 and movie Cap respects women.

Yeah, that line for Evans' Cap doesn't fit.

That little conversation they have at the beggining of the trailer was very nice though. There's a interesting relationship between Cap and Widow.

The "plot points" came out a long time ago ..... way before your mission to tell the Thor fans Nolan still does it better.
As I said, trying to be good boy on this one. I had a summer of IM3, MoS and now I have TDW. Avoiding stuff hasn't been that hard. Sorry to disappoint you.

I never felt like that was a Cap line. As in it wasn't actually his words.

It looks as if they finally figured out he doesn't half to be toe the line of being wooden and kept. He can be a man of great morals, but still have personality. For me that's what I thought the writers struggled with most when portraying him in the first film.

It's a rather tough nut to crack with Cap, because I do think you have to go through the initial origin personality from the 40's (which can come off as wooden at times, but I thought that endearing for Steve Rogers), to have the exploration of Steve's moral conflict with the modern world make sense.

I thought the movie captured his do-goodiness, his basic sense of morality, particularly with the "I don't like bullies," line and going after Bucky. It was couched in the whole shiny period-feel of a 40's pulp movie, but it worked perfectly for me.

So the contrast with the modern day is even more pronounced. It'll definitely provide for some excellent material.

An observation I had: even the humor at the beginning of the movie serves as a good framework for the movie as a whole and the dialogue from Redford and Jackson that follows. Cap says his barbershop quartet is "dead," and the narrative of the trailer focuses on the fact that Cap clings too much to the ideals of his past. And all of this sets up for the emergence of the Winter Soldier as the biggest ghost Cap will have to deal with.

I'm just so very, very much in love with this trailer.

I thought the movie captured his do-goodiness, his basic sense of morality, particularly with the "I don't like bullies," line and going after Bucky. It was couched in the whole shiny period-feel of a 40's pulp movie, but it worked perfectly for me.

I should make the distinction that it worked for me when he was Skinny Steve. It was when he was Cap that it didn't. Part of that is because the animosity between he and Red Skull wasn't developed correctly. It got kind've lost in the race to get him to The Avengers.

I should make the distinction that it worked for me when he was Skinny Steve. It was when he was Cap that it didn't. Part of that is because the animosity between he and Red Skull wasn't developed correctly. It got kind've lost in the race to get him to The Avengers.

I can dig that. I saw a lot of it in Skinny Steve. I thought that was some of Evans' best acting.

Man, and now I have this swelling desire for another 1940's Cap movie. If only for more Peggy and Cap development. And Cap and Bucky… Maybe another series of one-shots down the road??? Or maybe there will be flashbacks?

This is Shield's new home base right?

b4rm.png

Yeah....it's called the Triskelion in the (Ultimate) comics.

I'm so glad they based movie Cap off of 616. Ultimate Cap is one of the worst things in comics.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a just a bit of a Metal Gear Solid vibe from this trailer?

Clashing political ideologies? Old war hero in a new world? Old war hero has to face his past in the form of his old-friend-now-enemy coming back to haunt him? Said organization he is working for supposedly doing some underhanded things without his knowledge? Old war hero has to go against said organization? Tearing the old world down to make a new one?

I'm not generalizing to much, am I? :woot:

Why isn't there a basic 1080p mov link yet?

Hell, we could get those for tv spots for TDK in 2008 mere minutes after they aired on tv.
I-Tunes has been doing alot of that underhanded stuff.
Having you give them a card number for FREE stuff, having to own Quick time PRO to copy the 1080 is just another.

I swear he did see it. I may be wrong tho.
I believe he was commenting earlier this morning when it first came out, but it was in the teaser trailer rating thread.

Last edited:

616 Cap dove without a parachute too all the time, and is the first thing my mind went to rather than the Ultimates version.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a just a bit of a Metal Gear Solid vibe from this trailer?

Clashing political ideologies? Old war hero in a new world? Old war hero has to face his past in the form of his old-friend-now-enemy coming back to haunt him? Said organization he is working for supposedly doing some underhanded things without his knowledge? Old war hero has to go against said organization? Tearing the old world down to make a new one?

I'm not generalizing to much, am I? :woot:

That's what me and TheVileOne have been talking about for this past couple of months:

Stealth infiltration on a tanker at sea after a high altitude drop
Fight scene involving an aircraft while on a motorbike (essentially two iconic battle scenes in one)
Ambush in an elevator by multiple attackers
Huge aircraft crashing on a city
Morally ambiguous and deceptive superior officers
Action girl sidekick
Plot twists galore

There's probably more I can't think of at the moment.

I was on this morning too, TWICE because I thought it was 9am eastern the trailer was going to be on

That's what me and TheVileOne have been talking about for this past couple of months:

Stealth infiltration on a tanker at sea after a high altitude drop
Fight scene involving an aircraft while on a motorbike (essentially two iconic battle scenes in one)
Ambush in an elevator by multiple attackers
Huge aircraft crashing on a city
Morally ambiguous and deceptive superior officers
Action girl sidekick
Plot twists galore

There's probably more I can't think of at the moment.

Said action girl sidekick being a redhead. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"