The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know when we'll have sample's of Jackman's score?

So yes... Back to CA:TWS!

Um, runtime good. Need Falcon/Bucky posters. And, um... Chris Evans hot.

That covers all from me.

I hated IM2 a lot. It's the only MCU film I don't like at all. I don't even own it on blu ray.
I own IM2, but I'm not sure if I'm gunna buy TDW
Probably will, but just cuz I'm a completist

But judging everything we've seen so far of Winter Soldier, hell I may end up buying multiple copies when it comes out

I kinda wish the background music on the official site (http://marvel.com/captainamerica) were part of the score, but I'm pretty certain it's just a version of the first trailer music (which is "Pretender (Winter Mix)" by Ninja Tracks) *sigh* - still awesome music though.

You're welcome :)

I wanna hear what it sounds like. Do you think we hear the score in that TDW blu ray Cap featurette?

But judging everything we've seen so far of Winter Soldier, hell I may end up buying multiple copies when it comes out

TWS is kick ass. I cant wait for you guys to check it out ugh. March can't come soon enough.

I bought them all, and then bought the Phase One boxset, because... nerd.

Probably will happen with Phase Two as well....

How about Chris Evans with a beard? I think Cap should grow one for Cap 3 and it can be all dark and brooding. The scene can open up to Steve Rogers, with a beard and beer belly smoking a cigar, watching the news as Johan Schmidt is introduced as the new President of the U.S. "I'm too old for this ****..." cut to black and the words CAPTAIN AMERICA: RED HOUSE DOWN... HE'S TOO OLD FOR THIS **** appears.

Boom. Cut. Instant classic.

tumblr_melcsrpykk1r7kcq9.gif

Chewy said:
Well, no, since both movies were in production at the same time.

They just, hopefully, had a solid script to work from on this, which is what they didn't have for Thor 2.

People can talk all they want about editing or whatever else for Thor 2, but the problems all trickle down from a weaksauce script. Everything to do with the dark elves is very very stupid, keeping one or two of the deleted scenes that people liked doesn't fix that. If anything it slows the movie down, which gives people time to think about how ridiculous the elf stuff is. It's no wonder Marvel wanted the movie to just breeze by

What Thor 3 needs isn't a longer runtime or less humor or Thor moving differently or whatever other little complaint people want addressed. What it needs is a filmmaker with a vision for the film, who oversees the production from the word go. (Or filmmakers, as the case may be. ) Thor 2's problem wasn't its runtime, it was the four directors and half-dozen screenwriters who passed through before they finally settled.

If the right person makes an 80 minute film it'll be great. If the wrong person makes a 130 minute film it'll be terrible. Runtime is indicative of basically nothing.

And for what it's worth I'm not one of those people who hates Thor 2, it's an okay film. But it definitely has its problems

Hands on/hands off isn't really the problem. You only ever hear about them being "hands on" when there are already problems with the production. That's not a coincidence, they're trying to salvage what they can. As far as the recent movies, guys like Whedon, Black, the Russos, and Gunn have gone on and on about how much freedom Marvel gave them to make their movies.

Quoted for all the truth. Completely agreed. I'd wager Wright's name will be added to that list at the end there.

Saying a film is going to be bad or good based on runtime is totally silly. Toy Story is 80mins (a bunch of Pixar flicks barely make it past 90mins). Moon is 92mins. In Bruges is 107mins. All great films.

Also, I don't understand why people keep saying the Russo Bros are being groomed to replace Whedon.

Here is another review of the first 10 minutes of TWS from Collider. Unfortunately he didn't dig the footage as much as other people, but other sites that reviewed the footage such as Empire, CraveOnline, iamrogue, ComingSoon.net seemed to have loved the footage...

Anyways – Captain America infiltrates the luxury liner and engages in hand-to-hand combat with some woefully under-prepared pirates. Much of the action scenes interestingly enough are shot hand-held, the camera jerking back and forth & racking focus constantly. It’s not quite ‘Bourne Identity-level jerky camera’ – but I’d say it’s equatable (most recently) to ‘Robocop (2014)-level jerky camera’, if not somewhat more incomprehensible. Call me old fashioned – but it’s a little disappointing that the sequel seemingly has abandoned Joe Johnston’s classically staged and clear cut action sequences in favor of the newfound fad of shaky ‘You’re there in the midst of it’ action choreography.

I wish I could say that the Russo Brothers impressed me based on the footage screened – but much of it looked flat and journeyman. Gone is the heightened color schematic of First Avenger, instead replaced with a much darker and non-descript look. The pirate/luxury liner fight sequence reminded me a lot of the opening evacuation sequence in The Avengers – in that while technically competent, it lacked any sort of specific vision. Yeah – it’s cool to watch Captain America super-punch a pirate off a boat or the Black Widow effortlessly mow down any number of baddies – but this opening sequence is content with just that: being cool. It doesn’t have the nostalgic edge that Johnston brought to First Avenger’s action beats or the smart-ass playfulness that Shane Black brought to Iron Man 3’s.

Read the rest here and what he liked about the footage.
http://collider.com/captain-america-winter-soldier-review-recap/

Last edited:
Anyways – Captain America infiltrates the luxury liner and engages in hand-to-hand combat with some woefully under-prepared pirates. Much of the action scenes interestingly enough are shot hand-held, the camera jerking back and forth & racking focus constantly. It’s not quite ‘Bourne Identity-level jerky camera’ – but I’d say it’s equatable (most recently) to ‘Robocop (2014)-level jerky camera’, if not somewhat more incomprehensible. Call me old fashioned – but it’s a little disappointing that the sequel seemingly has abandoned Joe Johnston’s classically staged and clear cut action sequences in favor of the newfound fad of shaky ‘You’re there in the midst of it’ action choreography.

The pirate/luxury liner fight sequence reminded me a lot of the opening evacuation sequence in The Avengers – in that while technically competent, it lacked any sort of specific vision. Yeah – it’s cool to watch Captain America super-punch a pirate off a boat or the Black Widow effortlessly mow down any number of baddies – but this opening sequence is content with just that: being cool. It doesn’t have the nostalgic edge that Johnston brought to First Avenger’s action beats or the smart-ass playfulness that Shane Black brought to Iron Man 3’s.

I disagree. The chereography in this film far exceeds any MCU film to date. Cap is a lot more acrobatic and uses various fighting skills. I have no idea what this guy is talking about. Abou the shaky cam thing, it works imo, I didn't have a hard time following what was happening. If you ove fast paced hish octane hand to hand combat, you'll enjoy yourself imo.

Last edited:
I wanna hear what it sounds like. Do you think we hear the score in that TDW blu ray Cap featurette?

TWS is kick ass. I cant wait for you guys to check it out ugh. March can't come soon enough.
Yeah... I wanna hear the score too (scores are kind of almost always one of my top points on a film, if I love the score than I tend to love the movie all the more).

As for the Cap featurette/sneak peek on TDW blu-ray?? It could be.

march? *sigh* April for some of us poor souls
tumblr_inline_mtz5gfXgns1sna3ko.gif

I disagree. The chereography in this film far exceeds any MCU film to date. Cap is a lot more acrobatic and uses various fighting skills. I have no idea what this guy is talking about. Abou the shaky cam thing, it works imo, I didn't have a hard time following what was happening. If you ove fast paced hish octane hand to hand combat, you'll enjoy yourself imo.

That sounds promising! Are the Bourne Movies a good reference as to what to expect?

And have you ever played the Captain America video game TeeKay? Super Soldier? I have, and I love his fighting style on it. IS that how his fighting is on TWS?

For a minute there, I thought I had walked into the THOR forums by mistake.....how about talking more about Captain America in the Captain America forums and less about Thor in the Captain America forums from now on.

That sounds promising! Are the Bourne Movies a good reference as to what to expect?

Yes to an extent.

And have you ever played the Captain America video game TeeKay? Super Soldier? I have, and I love his fighting style on it. IS that how his fighting is on TWS?

I haven't but I've seen clips and walkthroughs of it on youtube. Yes he fights more or less like that. Seriously, the fighting is great. You actually feel that Cap is a super soldier this time. I hope this carries over to AOU.

For a minute there, I thought I had walked into the THOR forums by mistake.....how about talking more about Captain America in the Captain America forums and less about Thor in the Captain America forums from now on.

Agreed. This is for the THOR forum. I think we've argued outside the Thor forum enough for...well...ever.

So, about that Captain America guy.

As for runtime, Fandango and such are listing 2hr 8min. Until we get an official announcement, and Fandango and such change their listings, I'm assuming that is the runtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"