The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing trailer. I love how they're playing up Cap's abilities, his speed, strength and agility. Cap 1 didn't have enough moments showcasing the effects of the serum. Most of the stuff he was doing in that film felt like things a well trained regular human could achieve.

In this film he's moving like someone with enhanced abilities and I love that.

That isn't to say I disliked Cap 1. I loved First Avenger. I love watching Cap's man out of time story. I was disappointed they cut the cafe scene out of Avengers.

I'm very glad to see BW getting a sizable development in this movie. I know some people are against it but I do think a solo BW is very workable, as long they got the right people on the job.
you know, I'm saying that since IM2. Just get the right crew for it and a BW movie could be great.

great trailers, great teasers.. cant wait!

Hi Castor, any other clues that you can drop about the movie?

"To the left" you will know what I mean when you see the film.

Cap's speed and agility are really showcased in this film especially when using his shield. A certain escape scene is just awesome.

At one point in the film a couple of doctors are mentioned ;-)

Pay particular attention to whats written on a headstone in the film.

The 4 minute clip/trailer is awesome, the tanker sequence looks fantastic, I love the crisp shooting style for the action and the banter between Steve and Natasha.

Some folks here need to read more comics involving Widow. She hasnt always been written like a complete hard ass like Ming Wa or whatever she's called on AoS. You can say you dont like this version but you cant say they got her wrong in this movie.

Minor nitpick: in the preview we see Steve holding up his shield in front of a guy, then punching it, and the guy falls down. But wouldn't the shield have absorbed the force of his punch, so the guy shouldn't have felt anything?

The absorption is felt by the one who holds it otherwise nothing would ricochet. Bullitts would just fall to the ground. Things bounce off the shield. Or in other words the specia properties of the shield are on the outside not the inside.

Last edited:
Sometimes, it's hard for me to believe that the Russo's biggest accomplishment, regarding films and finance was "You, Me, and Dupree" before making this film.

I was one of those people pitching a fit when they were announced. So, SOOOO glad to be proven wrong.

The absorption is felt by the one who holds it otherwise nothing would ricochet. Bullitts would just fall to the ground. Things bounce off the shield. Or in other words the specia properties of the shield are on the outside not the inside.

I can buy that.

I never doubted the Russos because I'm a fan of their work on Community and knew they could shoot good action sequences.

There isn't a Darcy character in Cap so I think this will be much better than TDW, which I did enjoy in spite of its flaws.

I can buy that.

I never doubted the Russos because I'm a fan of their work on Community and knew they could shoot good action sequences.

There isn't a Darcy character in Cap so I think this will be much better than TDW, which I did enjoy in spite of its flaws.

Oh, Pierce has a personal assistant that plays the part similar to Darcy.

lol! Never fails

"It looks like a TV show" is now the go-to diss for people who want to slam a Marvel movie but can't think of any real reasons.

I can buy that.

Darcy was one of the biggest problems I had with TDW, not just the lame humor surrounding her (and her intern :cmad:) but also the fact that time wasted with her scenes would have been better spent on major characters from the comic book. Some of the deleted scenes could have been kept had Darcy's scenes (and some of Selvig's) been deleted or trimmed back. Characters who exist solely for comic relief are out of place in these films.

Amazing trailer. I love how they're playing up Cap's abilities, his speed, strength and agility. Cap 1 didn't have enough moments showcasing the effects of the serum. Most of the stuff he was doing in that film felt like things a well trained regular human could achieve.

In this film he's moving like someone with enhanced abilities and I love that.

That isn't to say I disliked Cap 1. I loved First Avenger. I love watching Cap's man out of time story. I was disappointed they cut the cafe scene out of Avengers.

Yeah I was disappointed in the Cafe scene being cut as well, especially since it is referenced later on when the waitress recognizes him.

Yeah, there needs to be a balance. I just don't think she ever really pulls off the cold, stylish, femme-fatale side of the character; and there's not enough emphasis of it.

As is, what's the draw to the character in the movies? If she wasn't from the comics, would you say that this ScarJo character is cool?

"I got this great idea for a character. She's an agent. She's got red hair, and she fights. You know, like martial arts!"

She was one of my favorite characters in the Avengers personally. And I wasn't expecting her to be. So its just your opinion and that's fine, but I'm one of those who has grown to love her character over time.

Natasha was absolutely one of my faves in The Avengers too! I mean, I kind of liked her in IM2, but ScarJo just nailed it in TA and Whedon gave her great material, so yeah. Already from the little we've seen of BW in TWS, I'm totally ready to have her little spy kickboxing babies. My love affair with the character continues.

I just can't help but think that for those who say this looks like television, that's because it's something we're watching on low/standard/not-terribly-good HD quality on Youtube and other internet video players. Not even saying that looking like a TV show is "bad", per se, because there is some legitimately great television that's more cinematic and better than most movies these days.

But maybe save that particular criticism until we actually get to watch the thing in theaters, no? I've got some legit concerns about other movies and CBMs but I don't want to go into those at all until after I see the movie in full. Because context and technology can make all the difference.

I could easily understand why people don't like Nat. I for, love her. I'm going to be honest though, one of the biggest reason I liked her was because she was a hot spy who kicked ass. And I know that's not the qualities you're suppose to look for in a character, but... well, I liked her.

As for her role in Avengers, she seemed to change from being a SHIELD Agent into an Avenger, and she gladly followed Steve into battle after the Helicarrier was attacked.

Now that Cap will be getting some more fans, can we expect him to NOT be verbally abused like he was in The Avengers?

If what I see is part of the same sequence, I really dislike how Steve's harley is being blew up...

BW's "Love is for children" line and delivery is one of my favorite moments from Avengers. It's perfect.

Are people going to hate me if I say I liked Darcy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"