The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the fact that this film is released next year in April, and before the sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man, shouldn't this have already started filming by now?
They're supposedly starting filming on April 1st but it seems like none of the actors are able to confirm that for sure.

Buckeyes.

For The Avengers, Cleavland filled in for India and Russia.

They're also filming in Washington DC and Los Angeles. I read somewhere that they'll do some shooting in an undisclosed European location. (I want o say Scotland)

Cleveland is probably doubling for NYC again. DC makes sense for a political thriller, likely involving the White House. LA is news to me, but I wonder if there might be a link to Tony Stark/IM3 there....?

Scotland is what sounds most interesting to me. I get a vision of some dark, dank old castle serving as the sinister lair of a certain Baron, and I don't mean the Red one....

Cleveland is probably doubling for NYC again. DC makes sense for a political thriller, likely involving the White House. LA is news to me, but I wonder if there might be a link to Tony Stark/IM3 there....?

Scotland is what sounds most interesting to me. I get a vision of some dark, dank old castle serving as the sinister lair of a certain Baron, and I don't mean the Red one....
They're in LA because they're using Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios for stage filming and I bet they'll do some minor outdoor stuff as well around LA. As for Scotland, I could easily see that if there's a castle setting.

Do we have any recent pics of Frank after all this hardcore training?

Do we have any recent pics of Frank after all this hardcore training?
He really hasn't posted a lot of photos. The ones we do have are from late December or early January so with another couple months elapsed from those, he could look really different.

FRANK-GRILLO_CAPTAIN-AMERICA-WINTER-SOLDIER_CROSSBONES_TRAINING_.jpg

yeah I saw that one. the only other photo I saw he was in a suit so I couldn't tell

I just watched Season 1 of Prison Break again
Didn't even realize Grillo was in that

He's a pretty good actor, didn't wow me, but I was sad when he got killed off

I hoe can play a mean SOB, Crossbones shouldn't be likable at all.

Last edited:
^That's awesome, I hope Sitwell shows up in the SHIELD show as well.

^That's awesome, I hope Sitwell shows up in the SHIELD show as well.

I'm hoping that too. Would like to see a scene between him and Coulson similar to the Consultant.

did anyone confirm that it is taking place in the helicarrier?
and when exaclty does shooting start?
Considering SHIELD have high involvement, I think we'll be seeing the Helicarrier again.

Yeah, I don't see how CATWS *or* the SHIELD TV series can avoid using the Helicarrier.

If the studio saved the set piece, which some times they do, instead of recycling it ( and to be be honest with what marvel has planned for all these things it would be stupid not to) I say its very likely. It was save them money rather then coming up with another set piece. and the exterior is a simple CG shot of an object they already have mapped and rendered.

I wouldn't mind agents visiting Steve in his NY apartment though, almost parallel the difference in how Tony and him live. I know there is that deleted scene, but it didn't give you a huge sense of the space Steve lives in. I'd like to see a chat with an agent like Steve opens the fridge to pour a glass a milk or make a ham sandwhich or something.

If the studio saved the set piece, which some times they do, instead of recycling it ( and to be be honest with what marvel has planned for all these things it would be stupid not to) I say its very likely. It was save them money rather then coming up with another set piece. and the exterior is a simple CG shot of an object they already have mapped and rendered.

I wouldn't mind agents visiting Steve in his NY apartment though, almost parallel the difference in how Tony and him live. I know there is that deleted scene, but it didn't give you a huge sense of the space Steve lives in. I'd like to see a chat with an agent like Steve opens the fridge to pour a glass a milk or make a ham sandwhich or something.

I'd like to see Steve's apartment look like it's stuck in a time warp. Have all the trappings of the 1940s in it; have him watching old black and white movies on TCM; listening to Big Band and Jazz stations on Sirius; etc.

I liked the bit from the Ultimates where he was basically living in a rundown ****hole but he stayed there anyway because it was his old neighborhood.

Early in Brubakers run of Cap they showed his apartment. I can't remember it but there wasn't much in there except a punching bag

I liked the bit from the Ultimates where he was basically living in a rundown ****hole but he stayed there anyway because it was his old neighborhood.

The one and only thing I liked about Ultimate Cap. :up:

Do you guys think Marvel would actually re-use some of the "Man out of time" sequence that was originally shot for "The Avengers" for WS in order to save some money?

Do you guys think Marvel would actually re-use some of the "Man out of time" sequence that was originally shot for "The Avengers" for WS in order to save some money?

Maybe the newsreel.

The scene at the cafe makes little sense, as the waitress doesn't recognize him. The scene at the gym shows him signing up to the gym he's at in the beginning of the Avengers. It wouldn't make sense being set after the Avengers.

I don't think we will see any of Cap acclimating to the modern world. It would only work to make Cap look silly and does nothing to move the story forward (we already know he is not from our time). With all the other, more important, stuff happening in the film, I can't see them devoting any real time to this. Maybe they can do the modern references thing again (flying monkeys, Stephen Hawking), but that is played out and would be dumb.

I don't think we will see any of Cap acclimating to the modern world. It would only work to make Cap look silly and does nothing to move the story forward (we already know he is not from our time). With all the other, more important, stuff happening in the film, I can't see them devoting any real time to this. Maybe they can do the modern references thing again (flying monkeys, Stephen Hawking), but that is played out and would be dumb.
I think they will absolutely make juxtaposing a man from the 1940s into the 2010s a big part of the plot, but not so much in the comedic sense to which you are referring. More along the lines of, "I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost." I do think the Russos will take the opportunity to find humor in certain situations, especially with Sharon, but not so much that it would distract from where Steve is emotionally. I very much want to see Cap continue to struggle with the disconnect between the world he knew and the world in which he finds himself.

Sure, he can struggle with it but the film won't dwell on it, there just isn't time. Besides, time has passed and Cap has dealt with some of these issues off camera. The question you have to answer is "How do we make this into a compelling story that moves the plot forward?" If you can't answer that, don't do it.

Showing Cap being sad for more than a second is boring. Thinking about it, I would start to dislike Cap if he started whining about missing those years. I would just be like, "Cry me a river."

But he has done that in the books. He doesn't dwell on it but he thinks it and doesn't really show it to teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"