The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that alley scene was awesome.. Why did they cut that? .... The throwing himself over the car from the ground was a bit much.. But the rest was great.

I think that going over the car from the ground scene is what I like most.. with proper visual effects on that it shows exactly how insanely athletic Cap is. Really shows him off. and I love that shield throw as well.

It coulda looked a little better but it's the idea that counts

It looked like obvious wire work, though. Almost as bad as when Storm flew in X3. I'm happy they cut it out.

Oh that particular take wasn't good, but if they kept it in I think they would've made it look better.

I think they also would have found the angle and wire work that looked the best. I just think it's one of those scenes people were complaining they didn't see yet out of Cap.

Ground to 10 feet in the air then landing and throwing the shield at the dude would have been a nice sequence. Plus I always loved that shield throw at the screen from the trailers.

Yeah, that alley scene was awesome.. Why did they cut that? .... The throwing himself over the car from the ground was a bit much.. But the rest was great.
I guess that scene, as cool as it is, doesn't focus much on the Avengers working as a team, which is sort of the point of the entire battle scene. The other "Cap saves the civilians" scene already shows him separate from the group, so adding this one would have been yet another solo scene to distract the audience from the main point of the battle. Yes, there are several solo moments for each hero throughout the battle (and they become isolated more and more as the battle gets worse and the WSC orders the nuke), but seeing as how the longest of those already features Cap, this cool alley scene had to be cut.

Easy to see why that scene was cut. It's kind of straying from the main battle and doesn't seem to have much importance, other than showing Cap's athletic and shield-throwing abilities.

Wow any other cool new deleted scenes on that Phase One box set?

Anyone think Taskmaster may be in the film? I've been thinking about who the "big bad" could be and, even though he's not really a villain, he's the only character that would have a connection to SHIELD, Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Batroc, and HYDRA, and tie all these things things together. It would also work in conjunction with the Nick Fury vs. SHIELD storyline they may be partly using.

Should've remained in.

Nah. That jump was HORRENDOUS. Actually, I would call it more of a levitation than anything. Needed way better execution to be included in the film.

Easy to see why that scene was cut. It's kind of straying from the main battle and doesn't seem to have much importance, other than showing Cap's athletic and shield-throwing abilities.

Meh, you could say that about a lot of scenes in the movie. There are supposed to be moments highlighting their skillsets.

The jump was terrible. lol. Looked like he flew into the air. I liked the bit where he saves the family though

Nah. That jump was HORRENDOUS. Actually, I would call it more of a levitation than anything. Needed way better execution to be included in the film.

Meh, you could say that about a lot of scenes in the movie. There are supposed to be moments highlighting their skillsets.
But we'd had already gotten those moments earlier in the film and the NYC battle. This one looks like they did the scene to see which shots worked better for the movie and the ones that made it in the final version are better than this deleted one.

the jump was terrible because it was clearly unfinished. if they were going to put it in the film I'm sure it would have been visually pleasing durr

I am so looking forward to this scnee.

p1uG3kf.jpg

Pre-production animatic

tumblr_mkn6ysNCNV1ro55weo1_500.gif

That deleted scene obviously wasn't edited all the way. I'm sure they had different angle to show of the jump that would've made it look less ridiculous. I think they should've left it in.

But I see why they cut it. It kind of overlaps with what happened in the office building—Cap saving some civilians in a badass way.

A simple kick-up and handspring or somersault over the car would have looked awesome instead of silly and still made Cap look plenty acrobatic.

A simple kick-up and handspring or somersault over the car would have looked awesome instead of silly and still made Cap look plenty acrobatic.

but isn't the point a lot of people wanted to see with Cap isn't that he's 'plenty' acrobatic, but that I seem to remember most wanted him to be like super crazy insane acrobatic. I think a kick up double corkscrew over a card would have satisfied many. And like stated before, they would have made the scene work via a different angle or cleaner wire work etc..

Exactly. The way he did it looked bad. A swift flip over the car, followed by landing on his feet in a crouching position would have looked awesome.

Something like this gif, but not landing so straight up. And maybe one flip, instead of two like in the gif. Here's a link to a gif where he does a single flip, here.
gymnastics_floor_double_front_flip.gif

Or something like this front handspring. Again, not looking exactly like this... but something like it.

gymnastics_vault_front_handspring.gif

Last edited:
Anyone think Taskmaster may be in the film? I've been thinking about who the "big bad" could be and, even though he's not really a villain, he's the only character that would have a connection to SHIELD, Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Batroc, and HYDRA, and tie all these things things together. It would also work in conjunction with the Nick Fury vs. SHIELD storyline they may be partly using.

I don't think he'll be in this one. I'm expecting him for Cap 3, though.

I'd love to see Taskmaster, but we already have Crossbones and this movie is already loaded with a **** ton of characters. We don't need anymore right now.

*@PowerCosmic in regards to your gymnast gifs.*

Yeah I know those are more presentable looking, but hundreds of normal people across the globe are able to do that. What I want to see with Cap is that crazy double corkscrew, freak athleticism that no one else could conceive doing. But I agree in context of that scene in the film it would have been redundant, and thus lose it's luster. I'd like to see an insane feat of aerobic in this new film though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"