Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look guys, let's not cause this forum to devolve into the cesspool that the Ghostbusters thread became. You wanna talk about what you are or are not excited about with regards to the Captain Marvel film, that's fine. I'm not saying it has to be all positivity all the time. But as one of the main mods of this forum, I'm taking a page out of Kelly's book from the Supergirl forum and WILL NOT let this turn into an endless gender politics or "my hero vs. your hero" debate. This board has been thankfully free of most of the toxicity that has invaded other major forums on the Hype as of late and I'd like to keep it that way.

THOR is not in this film (as far as we know) and has nothing to do with what this film will be. I WILL start deleting if this even remotely starts to to take over the thread. You wanna talk about how Thor and Captain Marvel will relate to each other, I hear there's a film they'll both be in, and it's even got its own forum here. :yay:

Look guys, let's not cause this forum to devolve into the cesspool that the Ghostbusters thread became. You wanna talk about what you are or are not excited about with regards to the Captain Marvel film, that's fine. I'm not saying it has to be all positivity all the time. But as one of the main mods of this forum, I'm taking a page out of Kelly's book from the Supergirl forum and WILL NOT let this turn into an endless gender politics or "my hero vs. your hero" debate. This board has been thankfully free of most of the toxicity that has invaded other major forums on the Hype as of late and I'd like to keep it that way.

THOR is not in this film (as far as we know) and has nothing to do with what this film will be. I WILL start deleting if this even remotely starts to to take over the thread. You wanna talk about how Thor and Captain Marvel will relate to each other, I hear there's a film they'll both be in, and it's even got its own forum here. :yay:

You all listen up. Flick's got CM level powers. :woot:

I wish it were possible to "like" posts on here.

Well said, Flickchick. Thor will likely be irrelevant in the Captain Marvel movie. Though, I must say it would be awesome and unprecedented to have the most powerful hero a woman. Sure, DC has Wonder Woman, but she's not Superman.

Since Carol will be so op, she'll need to have some character flaws to keep her interesting. I like the idea of Carol feeling like she has to do everything herself, but having friends that remind her that she isn't alone even the Mighty Captain Marvel needs help sometimes. Jessica Drew can be that friend.

images

Well the good thing is, Carol is a human being, with very human flaws. Gaining superpowers doesn't change any of them. So I don't think it should be too hard to make her relatable or interesting. But I agree that including Jessica (and the other important people in her life) will help.

Well the good thing is, Carol is a human being, with very human flaws. Gaining superpowers doesn't change any of them. So I don't think it should be too hard to make her relatable or interesting. But I agree that including Jessica (and the other important people in her life) will help.

Do people really think we'll see Jessica Drew in CM1? I kinda don't. As much as I was a Charlize (still am) and Blunt fan, I think Brie probably is just about perfect for this role. She is SO charming and loveable that I almost feel like she can't do anything wrong.

I wish I was a fly on the wall in Nicole's and Meg's offices.

What do people think the storyline will be?

I think every lead Marvel character gets at least one BFF in their film (or in Thor's case, 4), and Jessica does seem like the most obvious choice for Carol's, so yeah, I think there's at least a decent chance she'll be in it. There are of course other options they could go with, but Jessica doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

I don't care about the power level comparison to other heroes, but I am worried that they might make her too powerful. At least for this first movie... I mean, her being able to go through a star is too out there for now. How do you even have a foe that could rival a character like that? She's not going to be taking Thanos on by herself, nor should she face someone at that level in her first film.
Let's hope Feige was using hyperbole and she won't be at that level for her MCU intro.

I think every lead Marvel character gets at least one BFF in their film (or in Thor's case, 4), and Jessica does seem like the most obvious choice for Carol's, so yeah, I think there's at least a decent chance she'll be in it. There are of course other options they could go with, but Jessica doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

I guess they've got plenty of time to cast for her (unfortunately....frelling 2019). I'm just thinking that if they go that route, what happens in IW2?

I'd love to see that relationship on screen as it's like nothing we've seen before. Couple a ordinary gals hangin' out and having some fun together. Maybe they do the Carol gets her power sucked out of her and is saved by an ordinary friend she never expected to be so awesome. Could be Nicole's and Meg's alter egos. :woot:

I guess they've got plenty of time to cast for her (unfortunately....frelling 2019). I'm just thinking that if they go that route, what happens in IW2?
Well I'd imagine much like other supporting players Falcon, Rhodey, Scarlett Witch, she'd join the group for the big fight.

Also, I wouldn't mind if Jessica already had her powers. I mean, it's the Marvel Universe - powered people are everywhere now. We know there were a ton on the SHIELD registry. Like, just say she was experimented on by Hydra, joined SHIELD (as an "enhanced" asset), and befriended Carol while there (maybe bonded on a mission or something). And maybe after SHIELD collapsed, she joined Carol's team (Air Force, Alpha Flight, SWORD, whatever), so they've already got their military bromance established before the movie even starts, and Carol is the "normal" one with a super-powered BFF when we meet them. Then Jessica could also help her deal with her newfound powers at first since she's got shared experience.

Last edited:
Also, I wouldn't mind if Jessica already had her powers. I mean, it's the Marvel Universe - powered people are everywhere now. We know there were a ton the SHIELD registry. Like, just say she was experimented on by Hydra, joined SHIELD (as an "enhanced" asset), and befriended Carol while there (maybe bonded on a mission or something). And maybe after SHIELD collapsed, she joined Carol's team (Air Force, Alpha Flight, SWORD, whatever), so they've already got their military bromance established before the movie even starts, and Carol is the "normal" one with a super-powered BFF when we meet them. Then Jessica could also help her deal with her newfound powers at first since she's got shared experience.

I like all of that.

Well I'd imagine much like other supporting players Falcon, Rhodey, Scarlett Witch, she'd join the group for the big fight.

Also, I wouldn't mind if Jessica already had her powers. I mean, it's the Marvel Universe - powered people are everywhere now. We know there were a ton on the SHIELD registry. Like, just say she was experimented on by Hydra, joined SHIELD (as an "enhanced" asset), and befriended Carol while there (maybe bonded on a mission or something). And maybe after SHIELD collapsed, she joined Carol's team (Air Force, Alpha Flight, SWORD, whatever), so they've already got their military bromance established before the movie even starts, and Carol is the "normal" one with a super-powered BFF when we meet them. Then Jessica could also help her deal with her newfound powers at first since she's got shared experience.
I've had a thought. Do we know for SURE the woman mention in Doc Strange with a chip in her head isn't Carol?
Here's my line of thinking. Say Carol was selected, like Hulk, to go to this arena the Game Master set up and the chip is what is giving her her powers. The lightning bolt we heard she was hit by, may have actually been her return to Earth. What if this chip is of KREE origin?

That's the thing. We don't even know if Carol has been a SHIELD or SWORD agent in this universe yet, which is why I keep cautioning that there's a very huge chance Jessica isn't in the movie.

It'd be nice if she is but like I said, just given the way Marvel usually handles these team-up situations, I strongly believe Jessica is going to be saved for a sequel, if at all.

I think I said this in the Jessica Drew thread- but I think it would be better to have Jess and Carol meet in one of the Avengers Movies. I think it would be a good idea to have Jess be an established character already before the friendship starts but that's my opinion. I wish the movies and TV show talked more. Jess would be the perfect character to tie the entire MCU together. She'd fit in in the movies, netflix, and on AOS.

I like the idea of introducing Carol and Jessica as already being old friends. I think it would help add some weight to their relationship.

Sweet summer child...
Your passion for such an obscure Z-lister is admirable, but I'm not sure he deserves it. Just like he didn't deserve his own thread. :o

If Carol and Jess are already old friends I assume she would have encountered Jess on an air-force mission?

Well Carol was a spy for the Air-Force for awhile right? That could certainly be a plausible way for them to meet, if they stick with that bit of history for the MCU.

I'd rather they use some of the characters established for Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel over the years.

Did you not see the post from the mod saying to take that stuff to a different forum?

The one by flickchick at the top of of this is page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"