Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. Her only connection to Captain Marvel is that she is a total Carol fangirl, so when she decides to become a superhero, so takes the name (and symbol) as an homage to her idol.

This part is crucial. Looking forward to seeing that play out on film.

Confirmed Vik Sahay has a role in Captain Marvel

Looks perfect for a role as Ben Mendehlsen’s characters right hand person I reckon

Clark Gregg:

So we’re seeing a version of Coulson that’s, what, 8-10 years younger than we saw him in Iron Man. He’s a bit of a new guy in S.H.I.E.L.D. He’s a lot younger, that’s the main thing. It’s the earliest we will have seen him, so when he says, ‘Mr. Stark, this isn’t my first rodeo’ in Iron Man, this is maybe the rodeo he’s talking about.

WWE Star Titus O’Neil Teases Marvel Role

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/17/wwe-titus-o-neil-marvel-role-tease/

O5yOXIV.jpg

The question then becomes who Titus is playing, and there are a few theories in that regard. Someone suggested he could have been cast as a Skrull warrior in the upcoming Captain Marvel, and his imposing build and stature would definitely be a great fit for that. He could also end up being a character in Avengers 4, which will undergo some reshoots at some point this year. Marvel also has a Black Panther sequel in the works, and a fan suggested maybe Titus will show up in that.

Of those possibilities, Captain Marvel is the biggest possibility, especially since it is currently shooting and they are still running casting calls here and there to support new scenes. If he was going to make an MCU debut in any project though, Captain Marvel would be a film to do it in.

I'll be surprised if Titus is anything more than cannon fodder in the movies like he is in wrestling.

Yeah and that joke about Bautista makes me think guardians of the galaxy vol 3. Maybe he’s playing Adam warlock lol

I hope that he's Warhawk in a third season of Luke Cage if the current season gets renewed.

Confirmed Vik Sahay has a role in Captain Marvel

Looks perfect for a role as Ben Mendehlsen’s characters right hand person I reckon

I remember him from Chuck.

tumblr_lh3e7l3yw61qaoie1.gif

:funny:

I did love him on Chuck. But I doubt his role is anything as big as the main villain's right-hand man. He's probably just in a scene or two.

I had to read that quote a couple times, because at first it sounded like what he was describing was the structure of the movie, instead of saying what the structure of the movie is NOT, so I was like, "that actually does sound like a typical origin structure to me," lol. So since we know that's NOT what we're getting, it sounds like we might get some flashback-heavy non-linear stuff, not unlike Batman Begins. But instead of a 3rd act facing off against her equally-powerful rival and his/her grand plan, it will be her basically intervening in an intergalactic war to get Earth out of harm's way.

Yeah I'm a fan of the non-Linear origin.It is one of my pet peeves with the Strange movie.loved it but it was by the numbers.

Im guessing the movie starts with Carol training with Marvell on Kree Homeworld with Flashbacks to her past on Earth and how she got on the Kree homeworld.

Vik Sahay is in the wrong Captain Marvel movie. :o

If he were in the Zachary Levi one, we could get a Chuck reunion. Maybe he could reform Jeffster.

Ha! Maybe he meant to take a left turn at alburqueue and went on the wrong set

A little over a year from now we'll already have this movie on home release. Pretty crazy when thinking about it.

I can't wait, when does everyone think we'll get the first teaser trailer?

Last edited:
My bet is early October or late September to coincide with Venom.

they'll have to market her a lot.

people don't really know who she is.

they could release a teaser like they did with GotG which was almost a year before the official release.

they'll have to market her a lot.

people don't really know who she is.

they could release a teaser like they did with GotG which was almost a year before the official release.

It is Marvel though and riding the wave of Avenger movies should help.

I think late September possibly the first night of Monday Night Football or in October we get a teaser.

At this point the "people don't know character x" argument needs to die. Comic book readers like myself knew Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, etc. but average joe & jane didn't. Yet their movies were successful. All mcu movies have been financially successful to this point. There will be a failure one day but I highly doubt Captain Marvel is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"