The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

I would cast Nicholas Hoult in a heartbeat and make a franchise. With so many directors there and the idiots are still wasting time, it's almost 2020.

Good actor, he'd be great. And they would need a new young Superman if they'd want to make a JL movie in 10 years -of course they wish- (without actual Aquaman bc he's aging fast and looks much older than Pattinson already. Not sure about Gal yet)

I would cast Nicholas Hoult in a heartbeat and make a franchise. With so many directors there and the idiots are still wasting time, it's almost 2020.

Good actor, he'd be great. And they would need a new young Superman if they'd want to make a JL movie in 10 years -of course they wish- (without actual Aquaman bc he's aging fast and looks much older than Pattinson already. Not sure about Gal yet)

Nicholas Hoult would not be bad. I can kind of see it. His personality suits it as well. Plus he is a name actor and close in age to Pattinson.

I would like an unknown and slightly younger but if they do want more of a name then he would seem the best choice in that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's eventually in the running considering he was supposedly on the studio's radar for Batman. Different characters, of course. But the same executives.

I find Hoult a little bland in the few films I've seen with him. My preference is to go with an unknown with greater risk but also greater upside.

I’d rather have no Superman movie than Nicolas Hoult as Superman!

I think Hoult is quite bland when he plays American.

Same problem Cavill had IMO. Just didn’t feel natural enough, adding to the problem of Supes not feeling relatable.

Clark needs to be played by someone who’s effortlessly charming. Adam Driver is my pick

1c12e76562e0594ea079dd02204e3297.jpg

Last edited:
I think Adam would be great. Big Nic Cage energy.

I think Hoult is quite bland when he plays American.

Same problem Cavill had IMO. Just didn’t feel natural enough, adding to the problem of Supes not feeling relatable.

Clark needs to be played by someone who’s effortlessly charming. Adam Driver is my pick

1c12e76562e0594ea079dd02204e3297.jpg
Waaaaaaaaay too ugly for Superman.

Superman needs to be someone that's at least handsome, that could conceivably look like an ideal.

Jonathan Groff would be better than Hoult or Driver.

I wouldn't call Driver ugly but he looks about as much like Superman and Lukas Haas does.

Adam Driver is kind of like that "two-face" woman from Seinfeld. His attractiveness level seems to change from moment to moment. (I feel the same way about Benedict Cumberbatch).

In theory, I could see him playing the role but that would mean we'd probably get a long-haired Clark Kent/Superman because there's a reason Mr Driver has chosen to grow his hair over his ears.

Is Matt Bomer too old for Superman now? Always thought he would be great.

Henry Cavill would still be my pick going forward but if they look outside the box with ethnicity, I like Henry Golding.

I know I'm a broken record at this point, but I think his Action Comics (minus the Vyndktvx portion) would be a GREAT inspiration for a Supes reboot. It would feel so fresh compared to the versions of the origin we've gotten in the past.

The beauty of it is in the little things, like how absolutely psyched Clark was when he got his first, craphole-in-the-wall apartment. It's those moments of endearing, joyful, everyman relatability that would help audiences connect with him again, imo.

Yes, totally.

Morrison's Action Comics, is what come to my mind, when i think of a reboot, be it a movie or grand tv mini serie

Adam Driver is kind of like that "two-face" woman from Seinfeld. His attractiveness level seems to change from moment to moment. (I feel the same way about Benedict Cumberbatch).

In theory, I could see him playing the role but that would mean we'd probably get a long-haired Clark Kent/Superman because there's a reason Mr Driver has chosen to grow his hair over his ears.
I was gonna say. I could kinda see Driver as a 90's era Superman with the longer hair.

Ok, so i want Cavill to continue, but i just feel at this point it's gone tired - obviously an amazing trailer and a slight 'thor: ragnorak' can do wonders for superman and i think all of this is such a shame... however, if they go for a new actor and soft reboot, i would love Rhydian Vaughan. He is aesthetically exactly in the mould of current TV superman Tyler Hoechlin, with a hint of Dean Cain and a sprinkle of Routh.

It would also add more weight to the being an adopted kid in smallville, in more ways than one and has enough to him to change up his look as Clark. And....
RV 1.jpg r v 2.jpeg
also... he looks a lot like...
n52.png

Never seen him in anything, but I’m down for an Asian (?) Superman, provides the talent is there.

Looks great to me, although
Ok, so i want Cavill to continue, but i just feel at this point it's gone tired - obviously an amazing trailer and a slight 'thor: ragnorak' can do wonders for superman and i think all of this is such a shame... however, if they go for a new actor and soft reboot, i would love Rhydian Vaughan. He is aesthetically exactly in the mould of current TV superman Tyler Hoechlin, with a hint of Dean Cain and a sprinkle of Routh.

It would also add more weight to the being an adopted kid in smallville, in more ways than one and has enough to him to change up his look as Clark. And....
View attachment 28086 View attachment 28087
also... he looks a lot like...
View attachment 28088
I would love for another true Superman movie with Cavill though. But this go around stress in the movie that this Superman actually smiles and enjoys being Superman instead of Batman lite. Leave the brooding to Bats, unless the story calls for him to brood for a few moments. He is the bright light of heroes for a reason!

I've said this before and i know it sounds like a broken record - but i would love MOS2 to be set weeks, yes weeks, after MOS.

In reality, we had what 18 months between MOS and BvS where we know absolutely nothing... it's practically a clean slate, what happened, what rescues did he do, how was the city with him there, did he save a cat out a tree.... and all we know in that time is that at some point, 'lex luthor' got pissed off as his dad vanished, started to track meta humans and set up a war between bruce and clark. That the people of the city were mainly for him, but a few against.

Get the crew back, focus on new employee 'reporter clark' and his secret floosey lois. How does he adjust to workign there, what does he do, let's build the clark kent character up through the eyes of his collegues. We get to define him.

Same goes for superman, we see him helping rebuilding the city, darting down and helping construction crew - show off his powers, him working and befriending people, making the city his home - focus way more on kids and the positivity he brings.

Let's see lois and clark investigating that leads them into hot water that superman 'saves' the day. Let's see him back at smallville with lois, old friend lana pops up.

New interm 'jimmy' at the planet.

The big bad - lex luthor snr - he is exposed and has to go on the run, obviously perry forbids the story going public as luthor snr has too many friends in high places, think of it like Epstein, when he was arrested and put in jail but only served like one day a week for a year and the media buried it..

Make a superman story where lois and clark and the city are the heart, with action spread out in the form of superman. The final act could be like a heist.

So we have re-established everything and sueprman seems way more positive - then the story continues with BvS, JL but they are more side stories. Then, MOS3 is set now, after the events mentioned and we have a clean slate.

Aquaman wasn't hurt by BvS or JL, Shazam too, WW the movies are set in the past... Blackwidow same thing and she is dead, that's how i would continue with Cavill so that there is a seperate MOS1,2,3.

Never seen him in anything, but I’m down for an Asian (?) Superman, provides the talent is there.
I believe his mother is english, so he looks like any other bloke, but just enough for some to view him differently.. which is a good angle for superman, me thinks.

I’m gonna throw some names at you all let me know your thoughts

Miles Teller- my first pick for Batman I think he could make an interesting Superman.

Matthew Atkinson- mostly on TV, currently on The Bold and the Beautiful

Alex Russell- mostly TV work currently on SWAT

Glen Powell- going to be in the Top Gun sequel. Stardom is slowly growing. One of my picks for Barry Allen.

Nick Robinson- especially if the movie is 5-7 years from now

Also like some names that have been thrown out like Luke Klientank or James Norton

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"