Deadpool 2 Cast Cable

Russell would be okay I guess but I don't think Cable should be so old that he could be portrayed by an 80s action icon.

^ it would open the door for lots of meta comedy which I'm thinking Reynolds and Co. would find hard to resist.

Eric Bana
NEM9jfhDHp3sPP_1_b.jpg

Nick Nolte would be better!

Really you could have a different actor portray Cable in different films. Just say he's from different timelines.

Why?
The same creative team is involved in both Deadpool 2 and X-Force, which is where Cable will show up.
I kinda doubt that he'll pop up in other X-Men movies, like many on here are hoping.

I like the idea of Bana as it would give Deadpool a lot of Australia/Hulk material.

I like the Bana shout he has that, straight up, air of authority that Cable has and can play serious very well, would work well with Reynolds. Perfect age and could do the bulking up required.

At this stage it would just be nice to know who its going to be, feels like the speculation has gone on for ages with this one.

Bana would be really good. Never thought of him for this but he's the right age and can really bulk up when he wants to.

Deadpool can make some "Time Traveler's Wife" jokes

Bana has played a few military types as well so that plays well for the Cable roll too.

News seems to have gone a bit quiet on the whole thing since last week.

I am getting impatient by this. Casting Cable is taking forever.

Didn't they say before, that they were gonna shooting in this early 2017 like January or February? We are now in the fourth month of the year and just a few weeks from summer.

I am getting impatient by this. Casting Cable is taking forever.

Didn't they say before, that they were gonna shooting in this early 2017 like January or February? We are now in the fourth month of the year and just a few weeks from summer.

Yeah, well. That was when Tim Miller was directing. And they were planning to start in March.

That has changed once he left. When a new director comes on board, unless the movie is getting rushed into production, the script is usually adjusted to his voice and including his take on the material and new ideas. You start over with the design work and more. That takes time.
Last I've heard is that they'd start filming (in Vancouver at least, who knows if they're gonna film elsewhere, as well) by mid-June.

Last edited:
If they want to make a big splash and cast a big name, how about Matt Damon? He could use a hit after The Great Wall (predictably) flopped and the latest Bourne movie under-performed. And he's played a cyborg before.

Yeah, well. That was when Tim Miller was directing. And they were planning to start in March.

That has changed once he left. When a new director comes on board, unless the movie is getting rushed into production, the script is usually adjusted to his voice and including his take on the material and new ideas. You start over with the design work and more. That takes time.
Last I've heard is that they'd start filming (in Vancouver at least, who knows if they're gonna film elsewhere, as well) by mid-June.
The entire creative team was in Vancouver this past weekend and the Director's Guild state that filming will take place from June to Sept, so there's that.

I can imagine with Leitch at the helm there's a lot of work to be done designing action set pieces and training actors too.

So Brosnan has shot down any Cable rumors on his regard.

Still holding out for Keira Knightley and her working on that flat top. Or, I dunno, could be anyone at this point.

He shot it down a few weeks ago too before this recent denial. Still, he'd make a nice Black Tom Cassidy.

Yeah, me too.
But I also really like Michael Shannon and David Harbour (and liked Brad Pitt, as well). It all depends on what they're looking for, precisely. There's a million ways of how they can portray the character and still have him be 100% Cable.
Judging from the actors who are up for the role it doesn't seem like he'll just be a 'hard-ass action stereotype' in the vein of Dolph Lundgren or Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando. Seems like there'll be some meat to the role, which I really appreciate.

Bummer. This might have been Brad Pitt's last chance to play a superhero, especially one that fits his style of performance (military) and is probably the best Marvel superhero (Cable). I guess he could play other heroes for PG-13 Disney like Black Knight, Sentry, Quasar, Adam Warlock etc., but it doesn't seem like his style. Hopefully they pick Shannon, he is perfect for the role too.

Last edited:
After seeing **** like Fury I actually am lobbying for Pitt.

Woody Allen for Cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"