justice__2015_by_nigelhalsey-d5ioje5.jpg

Gerard Butler - Aquaman
Green Lantern - Chris Pine
Superman - Henry Cavill
Wonder Woman - Kaya Scodelario
Batman - Michael Fassbender
The Flash - Bradley Cooper

I can see it.

Amazing cast fassbender would look amazing as batman.

I think Kimberley Crossman would make a good Wonder Girl{Cassie}.
Kimberley_Crossman_2.jpg.jpg

There is one HUGE flaw in these castings. All the actors tend to look like Normal humans in the comics. Imagine for a second Pee Wee Herman going against Arnold's Terminator Or Conan the Barbarian.. who would win? Super Heroes in comics are at the PEAK of human condition. They look like Olympic Class Athletes, Professional bodybuilders or Pro Wrestlers not Cab Drivers or Drama Actors. Look at Actors in action films how many look like 90 lbs fit guy & gals NONE?

The One thing I've always liked about DC over marvel is Muscles = Strength. The more you have the stronger looking the character. Imagine for example Jim Gortdon lifting a locomotive & throwing it a mile away. No one would believe the character can do this based on his thin non muscular build however you take Brock Lesner & place him in the same scenario & it's more believable.

The women also look athletic & sexy no one would believe Olive Oil as Supergirl or Wonder Woman This is why the NBC pilot FAILED Palicki simply did NOT fill out the costume properly. Anne Hathaway however DID fill out the catwoman Costume & therefore was far more believable.

Remember folks they need to look like the character from the TOES up not just the NECK up.

too bad there isn't a way that people can bigger, like weightlifting or working out in general, because then alot of these choices would work, am i right?

Last edited:
There is one HUGE flaw in these castings. All the actors tend to look like Normal humans in the comics.

I'll take acting over biceps anyday!

The women also look athletic & sexy no one would believe Olive Oil as Supergirl or Wonder Woman This is why the NBC pilot FAILED Palicki simply did NOT fill out the costume properly.

Ummm no! That failed because it was the most gawd awful thing ever made and it turned Wonder Woman into a ruthless vigilante killer.

Remember folks they need to look like the character from the TOES up not just the NECK up.

Depends on which character you're talking about and what the costume design is. They can make realistic muscle suits that allow for fluid movement as long as they aren't trying to make the actor look too much bigger than he realy is. I'll still take acting over build.

ЯɘvlveR;24579675 said:
too bad there isn't a way that people can bigger, like weightlifting or working out in general, because then alot of these choices would work, am i right?

Of course the flip side of this argument is that it takes years to build up any significant size with out roids. Most actors would age themselves out of the role before they could build themselves into it. Geting into shape and looking more cut is one thing, putting on some size over sevral months is possible but if they have to far to go it won't happen.

ЯɘvlveR;24579675 said:

qft

justice__2015_by_nigelhalsey-d5ioje5.jpg

Gerard Butler - Aquaman
Superman - Henry Cavill
Cyborg - Anthony Macky

I love everything about this, I dunno your WW though. This is a great manip

yeah, kaya's too girly. chris pine looks awesome, as does fass and steve trevor, i mean bradley, not sure about butler though.

Of course the flip side of this argument is that it takes years to build up any significant size with out roids. Most actors would age themselves out of the role before they could build themselves into it. Geting into shape and looking more cut is one thing, putting on some size over sevral months is possible but if they have to far to go it won't happen.

do we really want any of them looking like a bodybuilder though?

that's exactly the reason why you wouldn't want them to look like that. bodybuilders don't grow on trees, it would be pretty obvious, who's who.

ЯɘvlveR;24585559 said:
do we really want any of them looking like a bodybuilder though?

that's exactly the reason why you wouldn't want them to look like that. bodybuilders don't grow on trees, it would be pretty obvious, who's who.

Well yes and no. Heroes need to be bigger than the average guy and some heroes need to be bigger than the average hero. Still nobody said anything about becomming a body builder. It really depends on who you pick and who you want them to play. In some cases it could work and in some it wouldn't.

Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman - Brian Presley
Green Lantern
(Kyle Rayne)- Jonathan Tucker
The Flash - Jon Foster

There is one HUGE flaw in these castings. All the actors tend to look like Normal humans in the comics. Imagine for a second Pee Wee Herman going against Arnold's Terminator Or Conan the Barbarian.. who would win? Super Heroes in comics are at the PEAK of human condition. They look like Olympic Class Athletes, Professional bodybuilders or Pro Wrestlers not Cab Drivers or Drama Actors. Look at Actors in action films how many look like 90 lbs fit guy & gals NONE?

The One thing I've always liked about DC over marvel is Muscles = Strength. The more you have the stronger looking the character. Imagine for example Jim Gortdon lifting a locomotive & throwing it a mile away. No one would believe the character can do this based on his thin non muscular build however you take Brock Lesner & place him in the same scenario & it's more believable.

The women also look athletic & sexy no one would believe Olive Oil as Supergirl or Wonder Woman This is why the NBC pilot FAILED Palicki simply did NOT fill out the costume properly. Anne Hathaway however DID fill out the catwoman Costume & therefore was far more believable.

I see this line of reasoning all the time and it baffles me. If you want bodybuilders who can't act, there are plenty of fanfilms out there for you. If you want Triple H playing Thor, you're just plain out of luck.

This line of reasoning basically reveals a preference for looks over talent. Yes, some wrestler might look more like Superman from the neck down, because all comic book characters are drawn with exaggerated proportions. But that doesn't mean he can play the character.

And your point about the WW pilot is completely off base. That show failed because it was bad, not because the lead actress didn't "fill out the costume" (which all photographic evidence contradicts, in any event).

And what superhero movies are you even watching? Did you miss Thor (Hemsworth), TDKR (Hardy), Batman Begins (Bale), X-Men 3 (Cudmore), Jackman in all iterations of Wolverine, Tom Jane as the Punisher, or Cavill in the MOS footage? Outside of maybe Brandon Routh, who has really come up short physically? If you really think the people just mentioned are "too small," you just have completely unrealistic expectations.

Bale put on 100 lbs. in like 12 months. It's not that hard when you've got good trainers and a work ethic. I'm fairly confident Bale didn't juice, he basically got back to his normal weight then added about 35 lbs. If you look at him in BB, he definitely doesn't have the roided look (super veiny), he looks like he has some body fat (not a gripe at all, btw, just further proof that the dude ate like a beast).

Gerard Butler - Aquaman
Superman - Henry Cavill
Cyborg - Anthony Macky

Casting Aquaman as Gerard Butler is an interesting choice.

Bale put on 100 lbs. in like 12 months. It's not that hard when you've got good trainers and a work ethic. I'm fairly confident Bale didn't juice, he basically got back to his normal weight then added about 35 lbs. If you look at him in BB, he definitely doesn't have the roided look (super veiny), he looks like he has some body fat (not a gripe at all, btw, just further proof that the dude ate like a beast).

Have you ever done it? I mean since you're telling us it's not that hard. I used to fight competitively and I gained weight to go up a weight class for a while and it is pretty damn hard to put on a substantial amount of weight over a fairly short period.

Bale gained a lot of weight but most of it was fat and he trimmed it off before filming. He didn't add 100lbs of muscle in a year. You couldn't even do that with roids.

When you've dieted and lost weight your body wants to get back to it's natural weight. That happens effortlessly and quickly. So basically he put on 35 pounds in a year and that wasn't all muscle.

Roids don't give you a veiny look. They don't give you any specific look. It's a combination of roids, diet and a specific work out routine that makes you look that way. Even the body builders only look really cut and veiny when they peek for a competition. They don't look like that year round but most of them are on the roids year round.

I'm not sure if Bale had any help putting on his weight but in reality he didn't gain that much muscle. Typically 10 -15 pounds is a tough goal for a years time but some poeple blessed with an endomorphic physic and having the perfect work out routine and diet right from the beggining could add more.

Have you ever done it? I mean since you're telling us it's not that hard. I used to fight competitively and I gained weight to go up a weight class for a while and it is pretty damn hard to put on a substantial amount of weight over a fairly short period.

Bale gained a lot of weight but most of it was fat and he trimmed it off before filming. He didn't add 100lbs of muscle in a year. You couldn't even do that with roids.

When you've dieted and lost weight your body wants to get back to it's natural weight. That happens effortlessly and quickly. So basically he put on 35 pounds in a year and that wasn't all muscle.

Roids don't give you a veiny look. They don't give you any specific look. It's a combination of roids, diet and a specific work out routine that makes you look that way. Even the body builders only look really cut and veiny when they peek for a competition. They don't look like that year round but most of them are on the roids year round.

I'm not sure if Bale had any help putting on his weight but in reality he didn't gain that much muscle. Typically 10 -15 pounds is a tough goal for a years time but some poeple blessed with an endomorphic physic and having the perfect work out routine and diet right from the beggining could add more.

I've gained 30 lbs. in about 6 months, going from 150 to 180 lbs. And that was with full-time school and a job, and no personal trainer. So yeah, 100 lbs. in 12 months with the best food, training and supplements money can buy is not that hard.

Also note that I mentioned he really only added about 35 lbs. to his natural frame of about 185 lbs. So I don't really know who you're arguing with on that point, because it's clearly not me.

You're experience of fighting is not comparable. I'm sure you had to keep your body fat down, something which actors in superhero movies don't necessarily have to do (i.e. Bale in BB). They'll mostly be in costumes where mass is valued over definition. Even if they need to do a shirtless scene, they can cut during production and do those shots on the back end of shooting.

Also never said he gained 100 lbs. of muscle, just 100 lbs. Again, not sure who you're arguing with.

The post of this (which I fear we've veered from), is that the argument for wrestlers/bodybuilders for superhero roles is silly for a number of reasons. One of which is that actors are more than capable of being "big enough" for such roles, and I used Bale as an example in response to another poster's point that it would take too long for a normal actor to add sufficient mass.

i remember reading a quote somewhere from bryan singer in which he said, that if he could have done returns again, he would have chosen nicholas hoult to play clark.

then i saw this picture and i thought about bizarro.

_1326251040.jpg

I like the idea of Chris Pine as Green Lantern. I always thought he would make a good Johnny Storm in a FF reboot as well.

Here is my JLA if I were basing my casting soley on HEIGHT and PHYSICAL APPEARANCE:

jlalogo.jpg

jla1.jpg

jla2.jpg

jla3.jpg

I think Will Smith would have made a really good Superman. Am I alone in thinking this?

I've gained 30 lbs. in about 6 months, going from 150 to 180 lbs. And that was with full-time school and a job, and no personal trainer. So yeah, 100 lbs. in 12 months with the best food, training and supplements money can buy is not that hard.

That's assuming its as easy to gain the 1st pound as it is the 99th pound, or that the details you mentioned do some of the work for you. Yes, actors can put on some weight, but that "100 pounds is easy" comment was really weird. Also, actors often don't put on weight, or take a year so, because it doesn't work with the projects they do before or after their superhero roles.

I think Will Smith would have made a really good Superman. Am I alone in thinking this?

You are not. He knows it too, but even he's not willing to make Superman black, but even the half baked Hancock we got trumps Brandon Routh and Bryan Singer easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back