Negativity towards the DC films? - Part 1

Where did I say that?

"you" wasn't specifically you.

But in your opinion, why do you think that for instance RT audience score dropped from the 90s when it opened to where it is now at 63?

"you" wasn't specifically you.

But in your opinion, why do you think that for instance RT audience score dropped from the 90s when it opened to where it is now at 63?

Well you posted under my piost and I'd love to know who you were responding to? Because no one said that was the reason the score dropped.

Maybe you should read the entire conversation properly to see what my actual point was in bringing up those audience scores.

Same can be said the other way around. People who hate DC films rating it low before they see it and the scores might actually be higher.
It's not just RT audience scores either that rate it average to above average; but you clearly want to believe these films are hated by everyone.

So I'll ask the question again, why do you feel that the RT score dropped so sharply as opposed to movies like CW, Logan, Wonder Woman, etc.

So I'll ask the question again, why do you feel that the RT score dropped so sharply as opposed to movies like CW, Logan, Wonder Woman, etc.

Maybe read the conversation and stop trying to play some dumbass game to plesse your own opinion. End of the day you know why it did but my point was its still more than half, which it is!

Also Mydnightphoenix isn't saying that has happened or did happen. It's been pointed out that it may have, same as the reason the score could be high is because people may have rated it higher before. The point been nobody knows what factors went into people making these ratings and how accurate they are (which was also said in my original posts). If people want to accept one theory then they have to also consider counter theories.

So let's stop putting word in people's mouths and read what's actually been said shall we?

Last edited:
Maybe read the conversation and stop trying to play some dumbass game to plesse your own opinion. End of the day you know why it did but my point was its still more than half, which it is!

Also Mydnightphoenix isn't saying that has happened or did happen. It's been pointed out that it may have, same as the reason the score could be high is because people may have rated it higher before. The point been nobody knows what factors went into people making these ratings and how accurate they are (which was also said in my original posts). If people want to accept one theory then they have to also consider counter theories.

So let's stop putting word in people's mouths and read what's actually been said shall we?

Then more than half also liked Spider-Man 3, TASM2, Apocalypse and Wolverine Origins.

And the only comic book movies in the past 10 years that people disliked were Green Lantern and Fant4stic.

Then more than half also liked Spider-Man 3, TASM2, Apocalypse and Wolverine Origins.

And the only comic book movies in the past 10 years that people disliked were Green Lantern and Fant4stic.

And? What's your point?

Honestly go back and read the entire conversation instead of cherry picking parts to create some pointless discussion. You've already said that people who've sod things they haven't then backtracked when you we're clearly replying to a comment I made.

You're so desperate to start something so yoo tell me how bad the movies are and how everybody hates them when it's not the case at all. Go ahead and attempt to prove what you want. I'm done with it and quite frankly bored of dealing with people like you who wants to tell people they're wrong for having different opinions. Yawn!

And? What's your point?

Honestly go back and read the entire conversation instead of cherry picking parts to create some pointless discussion because you want to tell me how bad the movies are and how everybody hates them. Yawn!

Well did I say that everybody hates them? Even I don't hate them. I've said in the past that these were movies not meant for me.

My point was honestly trying to see the rationale behind the "more than half the people like them" and see the reasoning.

Well did I say that everybody hates them? Even I don't hate them. I've said in the past that these were movies not meant for me.

My point was honestly trying to see the rationale behind the "more than half the people like them" and see the reasoning.

I explained that in an earlier post. Then you aimed something at me and claimed you weren't, then you clearly tried to bate me asking me the same thing over and over. I'm just bored with it all.

Honestly, the whole, people on twitter and people you know = more than 50% liked it doesn't seem like the best of reasons.

However, even if only 49% of people liked it, would you care or would you need that for you to enjoy the movie.

It just seems more than validation than anything.

No one here claims BvS is liked as much as Civil War is liked. It's quite obvious not everyone liked it and probably why it dropped in the audience rating. However, there is a sizeable portion that liked it.

Honestly, the whole, people on twitter and people you know = more than 50% liked it doesn't seem like the best of reasons.

However, even if only 49% of people liked it, would you care or would you need that for you to enjoy the movie.

It just seems more than validation than anything.

Why do I need that to enjoy a film? If I enjoy a film I like it. Stop creating things that aren't there.

All you can do is go on your own experiences and that's exactly what I have done.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/DarthFreds...-opinons-2j1dk?utm_term=.jrKEQqJEM#.lheXJaYXv

I know this can be looked at in 2 ways, the other way, just because BvS was voted the "worst" doesn't necessarily mean it's disliked.

The other thing worth noticing is that SS while panned by fans and critics did seem to resonate with a lot of people. I don't think it's open to debate to say that maybe SS is more liked than BvS.

The only measure of quality by which you can say the DCEU is "equal" to the MCU is "your opinion". All of the generally accepted measures, ranging from box office success to reviews to WOM, show a very different story.

"I liked them" != "They were good".

The only measure of quality by which you can say the DCEU is "equal" to the MCU is "your opinion". All of the generally accepted measures, ranging from box office success to reviews to WOM, show a very different story.

"I liked them" != "They were good".

Which is what he was doing stating his opinion. You might aswell have called a spade a spade. Talk about stating the obvious.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/DarthFreds...-opinons-2j1dk?utm_term=.jrKEQqJEM#.lheXJaYXv

I know this can be looked at in 2 ways, the other way, just because BvS was voted the "worst" doesn't necessarily mean it's disliked.

The other thing worth noticing is that SS while panned by fans and critics did seem to resonate with a lot of people. I don't think it's open to debate to say that maybe SS is more liked than BvS.

Here is a ranking of DC movies. Both BvS and SS have more downvotes than upvotes.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/rank-every-dc-superhero-movie/

Also in Top 250 superhero movies on Flickchart MoS is № 62, BvS is 90 and SS is 126.

http://www.flickchart.com/Charts.aspx?genre=Superhero+Film&perpage=250

Last edited:
^ No don't post that. It's just a dick swinging contest. Mob/herd mentality :o

Here is a ranking of DC movies. Both BvS and SS have more downvotes than upvotes.

Also in Top 250 superhero movies on Flickchart MoS is № 62, BvS is 90 and SS is 126.

I didn't realize until looking at these lists that about half the DC films ever made have been terrible. Half.
Please change that, WB & Whedon.

Surprised that Constantine did too, considering all the fans of the TV show screaming for the show to be renewed. The movie was that terrible compared to the TV show?

Batman: The Movie doesn't deserve that rank. It was a very clever movie, just look at the critics score. I guess the kids voting just didn't get the point of that movie.

I didn't realize until looking at these lists that about half the DC films ever made have been terrible. Half.

I think Geoff Johns has already turned that around considering how positive Wonder Woman was received by both the critics and the audience. I'm also seeing the Johns effect in the Justice League trailer.
JL might be the second DCEU movie to get a fresh score.

Surprised that Constantine did too, considering all the fans of the TV show screaming for the show to be renewed. The movie was that terrible compared to the TV show?

On a filmmaking level it's average. But it's not very faithful to the Hellblazer comic book it's based on (and Keanu is usually seen as miscast). Alan Moore (the author of Hellblazer) hated this movie like he hated every adaptation of his comic books.

Yeah, about that- so does Alan Moore just not want other people to adapt his work or something?

Constantine was actually a really solid movie. It just had nothing to do with the source material.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...78039/item/dark-knight-dc-comics-films-878072

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1019033-lets-rank-thirty-dc-comics-movies#/slide/21

Removing Animated Movies (Mask of the Phantasm, Lego Batman/Movie), movies like Red, Losers, History of Violence, V for Vendetta etc. and any fan made movie, what is the general consensus?

TDKT, Superman 1 & 2, Batman 89, Batman Returns and now Wonder Woman at the top of the list? That's a solid 8 movies. If you want to add Batman 1966 for it's camp value? That would be 9.

Bottom of the list, Steel, Catwoman, Johan Hex, Batman and Robin, Batman Forever, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Superman III, IV and both Swamp Things. That's easily 11 and could be argued as the worst that DC has to offer.

Then you have MOS, BvS, SS, Constantine, Superman Returns, Watchmen. You could argue Superman Returns, MOS and Watchmen for the final 10th spot. And BvS, SS and Constantine to the Top 15 or Bottom 14 depending on how you look at it. But saying that DC is batting 0.500 is being very generous.

Bottom of the list, Steel, Catwoman, Johan Hex, Batman and Robin, Batman Forever, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Superman III, IV and both Swamp Things. That's easily 11 and could be argued as the worst that DC has to offer.

I personally have fun watching the SWAMP THING movies as well as BATMAN AND ROBIN. They are goofy and crazy in line with Adam West's BATMAN to me. The others you have listed are just bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"