Casting the DC Universe - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmy stewart as jay garrick orson welles as darkseid :wow:

i had no idea charles bronson use to box. he looked like he was carved out of marble.

ЯɘvlveR;24954181 said:
gregory peck as bruce wayne
lg_5888421_GregoryPeck.jpg
cary grant as clark kent
tumblr_lm2mzsHUo91qavqczo1_400.jpg

Though I know Bruce and Clark are depicted as appearing similar in the comics, I wouldn't want them to look that alike on screen. :funny:

Claude Rains - Alfred Pennyworth

rains255B1255D.jpg

Sydney Greenstreet - Rupert Thorne

sydney-greenstreet-07-1.jpg

Hattie McDaniel - Amanda Waller

uewb_07_img0473.jpg

Boris Karloff - Swamp Thing

tumblr_lm16sgT8oB1qz72v7o1_500-1.jpg

Robert Mitchum - John Constantine

tumblr_lmp3vzYGmO1qcs4zto1_500-1.jpg

Woody Strode - Martian Manhunter

woodystrode.jpg

Sterling Hayden - Jonah Hex

4171517912_bbb231039b_z-1.jpg

Jack Lemmon - Blue Beetle

how-to-murder-your-wife-jack-lemmon-everett-1.jpg

Here's my take for a modern day Justice League:

Superman: Henry Cavill

Henry-Cavill-Superman-est-celibataire_portrait_w532.jpg

Batman: Ryan Gosling

Ryan-Gosling.jpg

Wonder Woman: Alexandra Daddario

alexandra-daddario-1.jpg

Green Lantern: Jake Gyllenhaal

prince-movie.jpg

Flash: Charlie Hunnam

charlie-hunnam-1340045573.jpg

Aquaman: Alexander Skarsgard

alexander-skarsgard-sexiest-bad-boy.jpg

Martian Manhunter: Dennis Haysbert

Dennis-Haysbert.jpeg

Solomon Grundy:WWE's Kane
evil3.jpg

Image from the movie"See No Evil"

Nightwing:Milo Ventimiglia
MiloVentimiglia_Heroes.jpg

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;24971277 said:
a nightwing older then batman?

How so?,They could easily cast a Bruce/Batman in his 40's as he often is in the comics

Here's my take for a modern day Justice League:

Superman: Henry Cavill

Henry-Cavill-Superman-est-celibataire_portrait_w532.jpg

Batman: Ryan Gosling

Ryan-Gosling.jpg

Wonder Woman: Alexandra Daddario

alexandra-daddario-1.jpg

Green Lantern: Jake Gyllenhaal

prince-movie.jpg

Flash: Charlie Hunnam

charlie-hunnam-1340045573.jpg

Aquaman: Alexander Skarsgard

alexander-skarsgard-sexiest-bad-boy.jpg

Martian Manhunter: Dennis Haysbert

Dennis-Haysbert.jpeg

Good casting, except I can't see Ryan Gosling as Batman. Or should I say I can't hear Gosling as Batman. He just does not have the voice for Batman.

Good casting, except I can't see Ryan Gosling as Batman. Or should I say I can't hear Gosling as Batman. He just does not have the voice for Batman.

I don't get how you can say that when actors constantly change their voices for different roles. Not to mention that there is no definitive way to do Batman's voice.

justice__2015_by_nigelhalsey-d5ioje5.jpg

Gerard Butler - Aquaman
Green Lantern - Chris Pine
Superman - Henry Cavill
Wonder Woman - Kaya Scodelario
Batman - Michael Fassbender
The Flash - Bradley Cooper
Cyborg - Anthony Macky
i love kaya, but i see her as more of the "femme fatale/catwoman " type. but that's mostly cause of her role in skins. lol

Back then, even though they were all well known actors nobody would have cared if they played popular characters, unlike today and our love affair with unknowns.
Back then:
Movie stars belonged to block busters (people wouldn't have gone to see block busters with unknown actors in the lead).

Then add something else to the equation, and we have the logic answer already there:
Superhero=famous character
Superhero=expensive to make

If Hollywood was the same way today, then Cruise, Pitt, Depp , McGregor, DiCaprio, Damon and others would have been cast as A-list comic book characters. But something changed over the decades. Now only half of roles in the genre are played by stars, and it's mostly supporting characters (Marlon Brando, Nicole Kidman, Kevin Costner, Samuel L Jackson, Natalie Portman, several in Nolan's trilogy etc) or villains (Gene Hackman, Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Willem Dafoe, Nick Nolte [sort of], Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges etc).
Edward Norton, Ben Affleck and Nicholas Cage are the only exceptions I can think of right now

Back then:
Movie stars belonged to block busters (people wouldn't have gone to see block busters with unknown actors in the lead).

Then add something else to the equation, and we have the logic answer already there:
Superhero=famous character
Superhero=expensive to make

If Hollywood was the same way today, then Cruise, Pitt, Depp , McGregor, DiCaprio, Damon and others would have been cast as A-list comic book characters. But something changed over the decades. Now only half of roles in the genre are played by stars, and it's mostly supporting characters (Marlon Brando, Nicole Kidman, Kevin Costner, Samuel L Jackson, Natalie Portman, several in Nolan's trilogy etc) or villains (Gene Hackman, Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Willem Dafoe, Nick Nolte [sort of], Kevin Spacey, Jeff Bridges etc).
Edward Norton, Ben Affleck and Nicholas Cage are the only exceptions I can think of right now

Super Star = not wanting or having to dress up in spandex.

Jessica Alba was still an A-list star when she made FF and I wouldn't call Portman a Supporting character in Thor. She was the female lead even if she wasn't playing the super hero.

I don't get how you can say that when actors constantly change their voices for different roles. Not to mention that there is no definitive way to do Batman's voice.

Good point.

P.S i like your avatar.

I've always felt Bill Murray would rock the part of Swamp Thing...

I think Vincent Price would have made a great Ra's al Ghul back in the day.

Batman is pretty much always portrayed as having a manly voice, Ryan Gosling's is anything but. It's med-high pitched and it cracks quite often. I can see him as Flash, though.

Always thought Curt Swan Superman looked like Cary Grant

ЯɘvlveR;24957945 said:
jimmy stewart as jay garrick orson welles as darkseid :wow:

i had no idea charles bronson use to box. he looked like he was carved out of marble.

Sick avatar dude. Im just getting into MBV and Slowdive, but they're both so amazing shoegazing is fantastic.

After reading some of the earlier books, Timothy Olyphant = Jack Ryder aka The Creeper.

images

Matt Bomer as Dick Grayson/Nightwing. Or Batman, honestly, either would work.

images

Jensen Ackles as Jason Todd/Red Hood. Or Hal Jordan Green Lantern if we're casting younger.

images

Dylan O'Brien as Tim Drake/Red Robin

images

Jon Hamm as Batman

Cavill as Superman

images

Garrett Hedlund as Roy Harper/Red Arrow/Arsenal

images

Chris Pine as Barry Allen/The Flash. Honestly surprised nobody said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"