Cat...

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
About 10 minutes ago, I came home from eating at a restaurant with my mom. We live in a condominium, so there are alot of houses in a very nice, watchful, safe neighborhood (Keep this in mind). We are about to walk to our home and a small (maybe 1 year old), bright orange/white cat meows and walks towards us. It scared the crap out of me. So, the cat won't leave us alone. It was the nicest thing that I've ever seen. She purred alot, etc.

Problem: The cat had no collar.

My mom says that we can't take her in, so I have to walk around the neighborhood looking for the owner. The cat is so nice. It followed two paces behind me. A car parks near us and 2 people come out. These people weren't the owners. The cat walks over there to see who they were and stuff. I take this opportunity to walk off and leave the cat with them. I walk around the backparts of the condos and get back to my house. Before I walk into my house, I see the 2 people and the cat walking around looking for a possible owner.

I feel very bad.
Am I an assh***? :csad:

Doood, make that kitty your buddy. Hide your new buddy from yer mum.

Well, tomorrow morning, go out around the complex and look for the cat. I'm sure those people were gonna help her.

It is sad though :csad:

No, they'll probably get fed up or are just walking around anyway. Dont worry about kitty, they can take care of themselves.

I don't keep a collar on my cat so it might belong to someone near you.

Did he look like a stray, or a housecat? Sometimes strays will approach people, but they hate living indoors, so adopting one may not be a good idea.

It seems like a house cat if it's that friendly...normaly the average stray is skiddish around people. So it might actually belong to someone.

He looked very clean.
I have no doubt that she belonged to someone in the neighborhood, but I wasn't sure. My thought was, when she gets hungry, she'll go back. We do have a couple of housecats that people let outside. (I'd never let my cat go outside, especially if she is a girl)

Way to go hero.

I'm sure this is the start of a long line of you passing on responsibility because it's so much easier.

Bravo.

Bravo.

Yeah, Dorian, I agree.

Our current cat was a house cat, it just got dropped off around our neighborhood... he's a black cat, and we made him a house cat pretty easily.

But around fall of last year, this orange tabby cat, obviously stray, hangs out at our house. He always sits on the porch railing right by the kitchen window when he wants food. And yes, my mom feeds him. He was really skinny, but the cat eats so damn much, that tabby cat looks like Garfield now.

And we have to watch my cat around that one... he wants to fight the fat one. (Personally, I'd love to see it happen :up:)

its ruff yes.Having taken in quite a few kittys I know the feeling(we have two commuters right now,dunkin and princess(mother of shadow kitty whos an indoor kitty because she lost a leg at birth).The thing is orange cats,unless there major feral/farm cats make the best of buddies.It sucks your mom wont let you take the little guy in but keep at her and at the very least look out for the cat,mabey give him some food and stuff until he finds a place.Its nice you live in such a friendly nieghbor hood though that everyones looking for his home,if its a guy there wont be much sign(except clean ears) that he belonged to anyone but if its a girl then look for a nuter pouch,just some hanging belly showing she was netured.good look! cats that go outside are easier to maintain.

Indoor/outdoor cats have a much higher chance of getting diseases or injuries than housecats. Trust me, I've seen more than a few HBCs in my time.

My black cat is 11 lbs, pretty muscular, and is declawed in the front. He's fought a couple nearby cats when we used to let him outside in the morning/afternoons. He's undefeated.

I was just joking about that, though. I think if he fought again, he'd probably get hurt this next time.

I figured you were joking, but you can never be too sure with people.

I've got more than my share of horror stories just from my almost two years as a vet assistant, and I really don't see cat fights as a laughing matter.

It's not like I'd let him out and say, "Hope he gets in a fight." Whenever he did, trust me, he'd run across the street and just start throwing claws around.

But in the summer, I let him out. I just sit on the front patio and watch him at all times. But that can never really do the job.

Try getting him a harness. He won't like it, but you'll be able to better control where he goes.

Its about the area as far outdoor cats go,mine have friends(princess left over kids and dunkin and his sister baby) they hold there turf but where you live some cats may have turf but if not hell be fine,he will get savey to cars unless an buncha idots drive fast and even then.dont feel bad just make sure to speak to him when you can and give him a scritch behind the ears and some table scraps.a name to.

With it bring that friendly it deffnetly belongs to someone, hopefully the owner will find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"