Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quicksilver in avengers won't be a mutant and 100 percent won't be magneto's son.

He won't be called a mutant and his mutant father won't be mentioned, but that doesn't mean either of those can't be implied in clever ways.

Edit- is it a coincidence that the word 'gifted' used in Xavier's school emblem, is now going to be used in the SHIELD tv series. hmm...

Hate the whole "Fox did it to screw the precious all mightiy MCU" bollocks.

While Joss said he was considering using Quicksilver, Singer and co were already casting for the role.

Pietro is Eastern European, Johnson is English. Big difference.
It's still a helluva lot closer to the character's foreign roots than him being American. :/

As long as they're some type of European foreigners I'm fine with it. This Quicksilver isn't even that. And they could have at least given him blue contacts or something. They didn't even try to make the character look something like his comic book counterpart (and to those who don't like to read entire posts please don't harp on that statement because no my only problem is not his looks)

You do realize that they won't be Eastern European in The Avengers film either right? And that Johnson has also said that QS may not have the grey spikey hair in TA2 either...
Refer to above. And I'm sure his hair will be somewhat representative of what it is in the comics. Whether that means platinum blond instead of white I don't know. But as long as it's something like that then I'm fine with it. And I never said I had a problem with Evans' hair I said I gave Singer credit for it somewhat.

Quicksilver in avengers won't be a mutant and 100 percent won't be magneto's son.
A. Being a mutant is hardly relevant to Quicksilver's character on the Avengers or the character itself in general.

B. When we first meet the twins they are not supposed to know their parents are and are only supposed to have each other. It's a big part of their classic portrayal. Magneto was retconned as their father 20 years after their introduction to do something new with the characters. Before that their parents were golden-age heroes Frank Pietro/the Whizzer and Miss America.

Im fine with his look, I think once we get an official or at least better quality picture he will look better

He won't be called a mutant and his mutant father won't be mentioned, but that doesn't mean either of those can't be implied in clever ways.

Edit- is it a coincidence that the word 'gifted' used in Xavier's school emblem, is now going to be used in the SHIELD tv series. hmm...
I don't think they even need to infer it or leave the door open at all. Marvel should make the source of the twins' powers Extremis and should just leave them as orphans as they were when they were first introduced and stayed for 20 years.

Hate the whole "Fox did it to screw the precious all mightiy MCU" bollocks.

While Joss said he was considering using Quicksilver, Singer and co were already casting for the role.
No one is even saying about that here.

Im fine with his look, I think once we get an official or at least better quality picture he will look better
My thing isn't how he looks aesthetically in and of itself...it's that it's nothing like Quicksilver at all beyond the abnormal hair. It's disappointing if expected.

Expecting 1:1 adaption of comic Book character from any studios is folly. Some get through unscathed, but most are tweaked to work better on screen.

It's more likely than he'd be european in X-Men than Avengers since the X-Men franchise has been the most diverse with nationality and race compared to others.

It's still a helluva lot closer to the character's foreign roots than him being American. :/

It's not helluva closer. Eastern European culture is very different from British culture.

Expecting 1:1 adaption of comic Book character from any studios is folly. Some get through unscathed, but most are tweaked to work better on screen.

It's more likely than he'd be european in X-Men than Avengers since the X-Men franchise has been the most diverse with nationality and race compared to others.
But he's not. :/

And I didn't say I was upset and ******** that it's not a 1:1 adaptation. I'm upset and ******** because it's pretty much not an adaptation at all. It's almost completely different. They didn't even try to make the character like his comic counterpart.

And YES I know that it's their own universe and blah blah blah. That still doesn't mean it's not a disappointment.

It's not helluva closer. Eastern European culture is very different from British culture.
He's still foreign and he's still European. As I said. That's all that matters to me. This Quicksilver isn't either one. I can live with him being English and not Eastern European especially considering the lack of actors like that in Hollywood. What I don't like is them completely throwing out that part of the character, which is pretty integral to his classic portrayal in the comics.

Exactly. They were raised by Eastern European gypsies - that has absolutely nothing in common with British culture.

As I said, it's still a helluva lot closer than him being AMERICAN. The point of Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch being foreign is to add more diversity and create a dicotomy with other character's values (on top of them being, you know, orphaned twins). They can still do that by making them English (being English doesn't mean you grow up in a big UK city). Making him American completely destroys that...not to mention he doesn't have his sister here.

Not to be rude to you but saying "it's close enough" is very ignorant.

If you truly know Eastern European culture than them being British is about the same as if they were American.

I think the point is they're foreigners and not Americans.

at magnetos age in x-men 1....he should've been a grandfather...and by DOFP he should be a great grandfather(at the minimum) lol

Actually, rumor is that Peters will be foreign and that he has the same dialect coach Scarlett Johansson had in The Avengers. He's also been seeking advice from Iron Man 2's Sam Rockwell on how to act more foreign. Or course, all of this is moot because, halfway through the film, Peters' character is going to be revealed to be an actor and not the real Quicksilver. The real Quicksilver is actually played by Sam Jackson, imitating Nick Fury, imitating Nevill Flynn, who is really just imitating Sam Jackson. Now, where can I find out who's been cast as Ultron creator Hank Pym in Avengers 2? Because if he's not in it, Marvel Studios has failed.

Last edited:
:pal: :pal: :pal:

Is it confirmed anywhere that he is in fact not eastern euporean or is it assumption?

Exactly. They were raised by Eastern European gypsies - that has absolutely nothing in common with British culture.

Agreed

I'm Eastern European and for me it's irritating that some people don't see this difference.

Actually, rumor is that Peters will be foreign and that he has the same dialect coach Scarlett Johansson had in The Avengers. He's also been seeking advice from Iron Man 2's Sam Rockwell on how to act more foreign. Or course, all of this is moot because, halfway through the film, Peter's character is going to be revealed to be an actor and not the real Quicksilver. The real Quicksilver is actually played by Sam Jackson, imitating Nick Fury, imitating Nevill Flynn, who is really just imitating Sam Jackson. Now, where can I find out who's been cast as Ultron creator Hank Pym in Avengers 2? Because, if he's not in it, Marvel Studios has failed.
:hehe:

Great post. I like Scarlett as Black Widow, thought.

If you truly know Eastern European culture than them being British is about the same as if they were American.

Agreed

edit. Sorry for three posts in a row.

Last edited:

By next summer,Pietro and Wanda may no longer be mutants or Magneto's children. Marvel's ret-conned the twins origins before, so I certainly wouldn't put it past Quesada and company to "tweak" the twins comic book origin to better match up with Whedon's vision.

i know right thats like saying alexander skarsgard and jude law have similar/close enough background :lmao:

Actually, rumor is that Peters will be foreign and that he has the same dialect coach Scarlett Johansson had in The Avengers. He's also been seeking advice from Iron Man 2's Sam Rockwell on how to act more foreign. Or course, all of this is moot because, halfway through the film, Peter's character is going to be revealed to be an actor and not the real Quicksilver. The real Quicksilver is actually played by Sam Jackson, imitating Nick Fury, imitating Nevill Flynn, who is really just imitating Sam Jackson. Now, where can I find out who's been cast as Ultron creator Hank Pym in Avengers 2? Because, if he's not in it, Marvel Studios has failed.

I love you.

^ Not talking about this movie specifically, but the universe as a whole. They're going to have a Quicksilver without Scarlet Witch and is just completely dependant on his daddy issues with Magneto? lol. That just makes me think they don't value the character that much...which is to be expected with a movie universe as clustered as this.

The new pics of Quicksilver doesn't inspire faith in me, although I knew this was coming. Johnson is going to blow him out the water in terms of actually representing the character from the comics. Peters doesn't have his sister, is clearly American/not European, no blue eyes, looks more like an angsty teenager (which is pretty much what Quicksilver is with his daddy issues so I guess they're going for that with him...which is definitely the worst part of the character) than a pretty boy *******.

Bleh, I think this Quicksilver is just going to look like an embarrassment portrayal wise when put next to Marvel's Quicksilver and it will only highlight the difference between the two studios when it comes to these movies.

That said, this is nothing against Peters or his acting skills. I like him in AHS and will probably play the role of the character well. But it won't be classic Quicksilver from the comics.

Of course you had to bring up Marvel's Quicksilver.

Yeah we all know, you hate FOX and everything Marvel Studios do is perfect.

I also love how no one ever mentions how little The Incredible Hulk had in common with the comics, or how the 2003 one was *gasp* more accurate.

Besides the hair color he looks more like Cannonball or Chase from The Runaways to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"