Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:woot: It uses to happen with most polemic news....

but on this case..... it would happen again if Singer confirms Wanda in the upcomig weeks, lol

But yeah, general audience wont be "mad" as these haters when they see Days of Future past, or when they see Avengers 2 with the same characters.

Could be confusing to some viewers, but its possible that some viewers wont ever notice that both franchises used the same characters :funny:

The general audience will probably not even notice or remember. Even if they do... why the bad place would they care? It's a movie.

some more than likely will say: "that new character has the same power than that young boy on last X-Men movie"

And thats it. Other viewers probably wont remember the X-men movie, or Pietro on DOFP, so... yeah. Its not that big of a deal.

well... you're avoiding the possibility that DoFP ends up being all around phenomenal. Not hugely likely, but maybe Quicksilver's character is made to be extremely likable and memorable. I'd say Marvel should at least take this into account when deciding if they want to throw their hat in the Quicksilver ring. Because come Summer 2014, there will be no turning back.

I like your thinking, and Im on your boat. Im sure the movie will become an instant classic of the genre.

Singer is no Ratner or any random director. This is his third x-men movie, and the storyarc is pretty intense, this wont be a boring movie exactly.

So lets just hope that Quicksilver works with Magneto and have at least one or two awesome action momments and a few decent lines.

Ive always thought that superspeed could be really awesome and appealing if done right and in the right movie, and DOFP could be that movie, specially with a top-notch team that Bryan has rigth now and with 2013 special effects.

I'm part of the camp that hasn't truly cared about the X-verse on screen since X2 (noting that I was also 12 years old at the time). But since Singer is back and acknowledges that there are some things to be fixed in the series, and is making an honest effort with those things, I am intrigued to say the least.

The dual cast, sentinels, Peter Dinklage and the return of (and potential focus on) Ellen Page is all just icing on the cake.

Quicksilver is the only speedster in the X-verse besides Callisto, right? So in other words, he's the first legitimate speedster. And he may (or may not) have a real place in the film. So yeah, I'm interested to see how it works out.

I feel you.

agree about the movie's positive factors, dual cast, Peter, SENTINELS!, and of course Ellen. So happy to have her back.

I cant wait to see what Singer has in store with all these elements. Just all of this is 10 times more entertaining than X2 to me.

X2 was more or less Wolverine's origin mixed with some x-men scenes here and there. A quality movie, but with Wolverine's origin in the mix.

On other hand, DOFP bring Time travel, SENTINELS, 70's timeline and cast and Ellen Page in a better role more than likely.

so.... WHAT MORE DO I NEED? :funny:

It's also interesting to point out that while so many people are hating on Quicksilver probably only having one action scene, and that action scene is probably under 5 minutes long, do we all realize just how much Quicksilver can get done in 5 minutes of screentime?

My word... I think that's all he needs.

But I do hope they choose to cast a Wanda as well. idk how i'd feel having only one of the twins.

yeah, 5 minutes can be really well used, by a good director and crew.

But Im sure it will be more than one scene. Singer wouldnt announce him as soon if its just one scene.

If he is a brotherhood member on the 70's he will be present during the whole movie, not just on one scene, lol.

And yeah, fingers crossed Wanda is confirmed next.

The negative reaction is a bit much isn't it? Since when did people care about Quicksilver? :huh:

Quicksilver???

He wasn't in the original story.............are we just bringing in characters for just "wow" factor?

Professor X wasn't in Days of Future Past either. :cmad: Get McAvoy and Pat Stewart out of there! :o

:whatever:

I think the funny thing is, no one's gonna care in a couple of days. And likely, no one's going to care when the movies come out. So there'll be two different Quicksilvers. Both studios have the rights to the characters.

I couldn't agree more!
If we only get to see one of them I'm glad that it's going to be Pietro.

Same here. His mutant abilities are easier to pull off.

I'm quite surprised by this news actually. I like Quicksilver as a character. I find Magneto's family interesting and I'm always amused at his arrogant personality.

I'm an X-men fan, and loved the first two movies, but I actually feel more comfortable with Quicksilver being in Marvel's Avengers movies because the X-Franchise has a history of eroding a lot of character features until they're almost completely unrecognizable compared to their comic book counterpart. Say what you want about the Avengers, but those movies don't do that.

I have a feeling that this Quicksilver isn't going to be Magneto's son, isn't going to be arrogant, and probably won't even have white/silver hair. He'll probably only be Quicksilver in name only.

The actor looks good so we'll see.

He will probably end up as a silent henchman or just a cool-looking villain, which isn't a bad thing to me. Since its been a tradition since X1 not to give all villains a big introduction or story unless you're the main protagonist of the movie.

I like your thinking, and Im on your boat. Im sure the movie will become an instant classic of the genre.

Its gonna be the biggest film of 2014!

Mark my words! :woot:

yeah, 5 minutes can be really well used, by a good director and crew.

But Im sure it will be more than one scene. Singer wouldnt announce him as soon if its just one scene.

If he is a brotherhood member on the 70's he will be present during the whole movie, not just on one scene, lol.

And yeah, fingers crossed Wanda is confirmed next.
The Avengers fans on these boards would cry at this comment :hehe:.

Wanda should be the reason for the time displacements and altered timeline/realities.

That would put too much focus on Wanda (and Pietro) don't you think?

And? There's going to be focus on whichever mutants are responsible for the "time displacement", so why can't it be Wanda?

Wanda and Pietro would just take screen time from other characters that are far more deserving (the actual X-men). I was never a fan of those two, so it's easy for me to say this (might be different for you).

Besides I think if they were to alter Blink's powers so she can facilitate the time travel, most fans would be okay with her having just a few lines. With Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and this whole Avengers fiasco, I feel like Singer et al will now be forced to put unwarranted spotlight on the twins to justify their inclusion.

Isn't Bishop in this movie? I thought he would be responsible for the time traveling. Is it confirmed that their will be sentinels?

In the way these X-movies usually work, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would probably be related to no one and unimportant. Qs might just be some guy who runs really fast and Scarlet Witch some woman who can [something not related to Scarlet Witch's actual powers] and she's all dressed in black with red details.
We all remember "Juggernaut" "Psylocke" and Deadpool"

But since this is probably about flexing those rights in front of Marvney more than getting the oh, so important Maximoffs onscreen, watch for an incredibly awkward scene where Magneto aproaches them and lovingly calls them "my children" and "mutants". Ian McKellen flipping the bird at the camera optional.

Anyone think Vaughn had a hand in casting Peters? Given their previous work experiences?

YAY! YAY! YAY! Thank you Bryan Singer and Fox!

In my opinion, Quicksilver is more suited to the X-Men films!

I think he'll be one of the few members of the Brotherhood. Probably a silent henchman or someone like Pyro. But I really hope he's a Brotherhood member!

Yes, because why put him in something where he can be developed into an actual character, when you can just have him be background fodder with little to no development at all. :whatever:

Whedon's inclusion of SW and QS is more out of left field than Singer wanting to use QS in an X-men movie. All this time fans were hoping for Wasp and Antman. Blackpanther. Were people really clamoring for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Much less them portrayed as as teenagers?

But fanboys being fanboys they'll side with the former and criticize harshly the latter.

some more than likely will say: "that new character has the same power than that young boy on last X-Men movie"

And thats it. Other viewers probably wont remember the X-men movie, or Pietro on DOFP, so... yeah. Its not that big of a deal.

You really like to sell the "general audience" short sometimes. Powers, name, general look (white hair, etc.), there's a lot more that's distinguishable for him than just his powers.

Quicksilver is the only speedster in the X-verse besides Callisto, right? So in other words, he's the first legitimate speedster. And he may (or may not) have a real place in the film. So yeah, I'm interested to see how it works out.

Northstar. And he can run and fly fast. And one of the first and few openly gay Marvel characters if that's a selling point to you.

And Callisto is not a speedster, that's something they did for the films.

The Avengers fans on these boards would cry at this comment :hehe:.

And these kinds of comments are just childish, and should stop before this gets turned into another batboards situation.

Whedon's inclusion of SW and QS is more out of left field than Singer wanting to use QS in an X-men movie. All this time fans were hoping for Wasp and Antman. Blackpanther. Were people really clamoring for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Much less them portrayed as as teenagers?

But fanboys being fanboys they'll side with the former and criticize harshly the latter.
pretty basic, yeah.

how Marvel hasnt confirmed Black Panther yet is so.... well.... they are waiting more than they should.

Black Panther is like the biggest black superhero, so after Avengers MASSIVE success, he should have recieved the greenlight like right after.

And lets see what happens with Ant-Man and Wasp, regarding the team movies.

Three was a big part of EMH show, yet none of them have been mentioned for the sequel. What's the point, then?

Out of left field? Not really. They're more famous for being a part of the first major cast change in the Avengers comics, joining along with Hawkeye when everyone but Cap quit. And they joined years before Black Panther joined.

So yeah, they have their fans. And if they do go younger, I don't totally mind because if they want them back for multiple films and appearances, they kinda need to go younger these days to keep them around with a similar look. It's a little more important they get the character themselves right than a more minor quibble of age that can be easily juggled around.

at least Wanda and Pietro have appeared on two X-Men tv shows.

Marvel cant say the same about Avengers shows.

So to the young audience who watches animated shows, Wanda and Pietro are part of X-Men universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"