Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over on the IGN comments section, I read this suggestion that while I'm sure wasn't intended to be, came off incredibly rude to me:

"I think, if Marvel wants to continue whit this brother/sister thing, they still have Wiccan and Speed. Considering Wiccan's homosexuality they colud do some kind of gender swap just like Man of Steel and Jimmy Olsen. An there is nothing Fox can do about it because they are Young AVENGERS. Just saying."

Cool. Cause the right solution is make Wiccan a girl.

I think it's a fairly intelligent move on the part of Fox either way.

Over on the IGN comments section, I read this suggestion that while I'm sure wasn't intended to be, came off incredibly rude to me:

"I think, if Marvel wants to continue whit this brother/sister thing, they still have Wiccan and Speed. Considering Wiccan's homosexuality they colud do some kind of gender swap just like Man of Steel and Jimmy Olsen. An there is nothing Fox can do about it because they are Young AVENGERS. Just saying."

....What is this about Jimmy Olsen?

Also, as a gay man myself, I find the idea of making the gay character a female incredibly offensive.

Whether Warner Brothers succeeds or fails at launching a Justice League franchise has no impact on the success of Marvel Studios films at the box office. Kevin Feige has stated this numerous times. What you appear to be failing to see is that the most valuable piece of the X-Men lies, at this time, in the film rights. Which Marvel doesn't have, having signed horribly lopsided deals back in the 90s. Disney/Marvel is best served by the X-Men franchise faltering and the film rights reverting to Marvel Studios. At which point they can relaunch the series in the MCU and start making money from their characters. Just because you're struggling to comprehend this simple logic doesn't mean it makes no sense.

Which is the more likely scenario in our lifetime?

Marvel's Avengers and DC's JLA in the same film?

or

Marvel's Avengers and Marvel's X-men in the same film?

Both long shots since they're in different studios. But I'd put money on the properties owned by the same comic book company.

I think it's hilarious how different the reactions are here to the ones on the Avengers boards :hehe:.

i am just glad that Quicksilver will appear in an X-Men movie finally

he belongs more in an X-Men film than he does in the Avengers

That's pretty gross. How old are these guys who think like that? Also how can they love x-men so passionately and miss the point so much?

So back on topic, yeah this is a gross idea. I would say fox should be ashamed but they don't seem to have any shame ever. Poor joss and poor Evan peters who, in an attempt to make a bit of a name for himself has opened up a huge sh**storm!

Poor Evan Peters? It's Quicksilver, not Superman...

I think the funny thing is, no one's gonna care in a couple of days. And likely, no one's going to care when the movies come out. So there'll be two different Quicksilvers. Both studios have the rights to the characters.

I personally don't like his acting style. He's very one note, but if it's appropriate for his character then he could still be very good. Are there any dreary, depressed mutants he could play?

I think the funny thing is, no one's gonna care in a couple of days. And likely, no one's going to care when the movies come out. So there'll be two different Quicksilvers. Both studios have the rights to the characters.

:woot: It uses to happen with most polemic news....

but on this case..... it would happen again if Singer confirms Wanda in the upcomig weeks, lol

But yeah, general audience wont be "mad" as these haters when they see Days of Future past, or when they see Avengers 2 with the same characters.

Could be confusing to some viewers, but its possible that some viewers wont ever notice that both franchises used the same characters :funny:

I'm one of the ones that's not that bothered with the Quicksilver announcement, cause hopefully much like Mystique and Nightcrawler it will just be a few nods here and there, what I don't want is Wanda's powers to be the explanation to the "time displacement" thing, like Wanda connected to a Cerebro-like device...

I'm one of the ones that's not that bothered with the Quicksilver announcement, cause hopefully much like Mystique and Nightcrawler it will just be a few nods here and there, what I don't want is Wanda's powers to be the explanation to the "time displacement" thing, like Wanda connected to a Cerebro-like device...

That could have been one possibility if they are including Wanda, as her powers do (in the comics at least) warp probability and reality. But it's not the only option.

I wonder if they will also include Wanda/Scarlet Witch in DoFP and, if so, how her powers would be shown.

My theory Is if scarlet witch Is also In DOFP that means Brotherhood will be Magneto,Mystique,Quicksilver,and Scarlet witch In 1973.If Scarlet Witch was cause of time travel
she would already have been cast and shot something already.Plus My theory has been since we know there will be actual time travel In film that Is why Blink Is In film.

with Pietro confirmed, I HOPE Wanda appears too.

To have one without the other feels like a poor attempt, in my book. And Im tired of Fox's being cheap with the characters and their connections.

If we only get to see one of them I'm glad that it's going to be Pietro.

If we only get to see one of them I'm glad that it's going to be Pietro.

I agree.In the 1990's they did work In quicksilver In X-Men comics.Being member of X-factor,major role In AoA.Hanging around the X-Men post Onslaught,spending some time In genosha after the UN gave It to Magneto.
Scarlet witch on other hand has always been more an Avengers character
with marrage to vision and all that went with It than being In X-Men books save for the early Issues.

Quicksilver???

He wasn't in the original story.............are we just bringing in characters for just "wow" factor?

Beast,Rogue,Iceman,Bishop,warpath,and Blink weren't In original story eather.

Quicksilver???

He wasn't in the original story.............are we just bringing in characters for just "wow" factor?

Chances are there won't be alot of things like the original story

we should 'imagine' that this movie will have more similarities to Wolverine & the X-men show than with the actual storyarc, since that show had most of the mutants that are appearing on this sequel.

Blink, Bishop, Pietro and the x-men appeared on that show, same as this movie. At the end of the day, this sequel is Bryan's Singer own version of Days of future past, instead of an adaptation of the storyarc.

Thats how Singer works, and most directors do, at the end of the day. Adding new stuff and twists on all the movies. So this wont be any different.

I'm quite surprised by this news actually. I like Quicksilver as a character. I find Magneto's family interesting and I'm always amused at his arrogant personality.

I'm an X-men fan, and loved the first two movies, but I actually feel more comfortable with Quicksilver being in Marvel's Avengers movies because the X-Franchise has a history of eroding a lot of character features until they're almost completely unrecognizable compared to their comic book counterpart. Say what you want about the Avengers, but those movies don't do that.

I have a feeling that this Quicksilver isn't going to be Magneto's son, isn't going to be arrogant, and probably won't even have white/silver hair. He'll probably only be Quicksilver in name only.

The actor looks good so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back