Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least Wanda and Pietro have appeared on two X-Men tv shows.

Marvel cant say the same about Avengers shows.

So to the young audience who watches animated shows, Wanda and Pietro are part of X-Men universe.

Yeah they can. Both appeared on the Super Hero Squad show, with Wanda later becoming a regular in the second season. She was also a regular on the Avengers cartoon that aired in the late 90's.

And, I'm sorry, but they're kids. They'll buy whatever is flashy and looks cool and believes whatever they're told about them. That's not a basis of why they should be included anywhere. Heck, with that argument, you're saying that Wanda should have appeared an Iron Man movie if the '94 animated series was airing today given that she was a major part of that.

that wasnt my point.

I was just saying that Wanda and Pietro are more known on tv thanks to X-Men shows.

Since 00's until today.

Does it matter where they "belong" if they'll appear in both (Pietro, at least)? Who cares...

Last edited:
I dont care, as long as Singer and Fox use them, as they should.

Now, just Im waiting for Wanda.

Does it matter where they "belong" if they're appear in both (Pietro, at least)? Who cares...

Apparently those that use that as an argument do....

An argument for what? I honestly don't get the argument. :(

Honestly since both studios are allowed to use the two characters, who are we to say No.

I just laugh at all the fans that are ******** from that one tweet. So much anger!

But what is there to be butt hurt about? We'll get Singer's X-Men take, and Whedon's Avenger's take on the character all in the span of a year. That's pretty neat if you're a Quicksiver fan!

At this point I would say introduce Polaris instead of Wanda for Dofp. Unless they are using her in a House of M type style where she can Warp reality and thats crucial in the script. There has been a much higher demand to see Polaris in an X-Men film especially on these boards.That will also switch up these comparisons that will probably get more brutal in the future.

Damn shame these studios couldnt have worked something out.

Whedon's inclusion of SW and QS is more out of left field than Singer wanting to use QS in an X-men movie. All this time fans were hoping for Wasp and Antman. Blackpanther. Were people really clamoring for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Much less them portrayed as as teenagers?

But fanboys being fanboys they'll side with the former and criticize harshly the latter.

We are getting Antman and Wasp in 2015 as well. It's not really an odd decision Since Wanda and her brother are early Avenger recruits.

Wanda should be the reason for the time displacements and altered timeline/realities.

I think they should stick with Xavier. Wanda would make more sense with her powers, but if they're going to give Chuck the character arc since he's in the "dark place" and all, then I'd rather have the fate of mutantkind and the world depend on him.

at least Wanda and Pietro have appeared on two X-Men tv shows.

Marvel cant say the same about Avengers shows.

So to the young audience who watches animated shows, Wanda and Pietro are part of X-Men universe.

No, Marvel can't say that about Wanda. They can't say that because she was in three Avengers cartoons, plus an Iron Man cartoon. :cwink:

Quicksilver DID appear in two Avengers cartoons, btw, but he was also in a third X-Men series you forgot (as far as I know). You're still off on Scarlet Witch, though.

I dont have any idea about old Avengers shows, but at least on latest show, inspired or done to promote the movie universe, she wasnt a supporting role. (dont know if she appeared as a cameo or something, but I never saw her)

Have just seen last episode of American Horror Story season one

Soooo glad to have Evan on X-Men!!!!!

he may not have the same look as comics Pietro, but this guy has soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much potential as Pietro.

there were some scenes where I quickly imaged Evan and Michael Fassbender on the same scene and... oh, guys, this has potential.

Please Singer, even if his role is a small one, let him has great momments to make us leave the theatre WANTING to see more from them together.

Well, my opinion!

i say marvel is guilty!

- They announced their inclusion way too soon, which is strange (probably they would know about Singer intentions).

- And Singer cant cast someone in 2 days for the part. There was always intentions to use it, and they took time to cast someone to get it right, and i think Quicksilver actor has the perfect look.

- And probably he was planning to use Magneto children in a alternate future, where we see what happens with certain Magneto decisions. Singer is always saying there are several time lines and futures, not just an alternative one.

And i would love to see S.Witch

lastairbender said:
And probably he was planning to use Magneto children in a alternate future, where we see what happens with certain Magneto decisions. Singer is always saying there are several time lines and futures, not just an alternative one.

Yeah, thats what Im thinking is a possibility. Would like to see that.

I have the same thoughts, honestly.

Its soo weird that Marvel let Joss to reveal the new avengers soo early, I mean its 2 YEARS before the movie!

Something was going on behind the scenes, definetly.

I have the same thoughts, honestly.

Its soo weird that Marvel let Joss to reveal the new avengers soo early, I mean its 2 YEARS before the movie!

Something was going on behind the scenes, definetly.

They announced the GotG team two years early. They cast Renner way before The Avengers. This is how they operate. I seriously doubt Marvel is at fault.

Renner had a cameo on Thor.

But at the end of the day, A1 was that, the first movie. All the studios keep the new characters of the sequels under wraps until one year before the movie or so, some months before filming starts.

Not two years.

... except GotG, which had it's core lineup revealed over two years in advance.

But i still dont believe its Fox reaction to the announcement. Singer cant make some story to put there Quicksilver and then cast someone ( which i think was top notch choice) just to be there, in two days.

Yep. Just like Marvel can't have just decided on using him, seeing as Joss Whedon finished his initial A2 treatment months ago, before doing the Agents of SHIELD pilot. :p

(Not trying to be a jerk, here, just trying bring up some points from the other side of the argument. :) )

Last edited:
Singer has been wanting to use quicksilver for a while now. He was probably part of the script to begin with, but they were probably still having auditions for the role. I remember there was empty slots in a cast pic Bryan Singer tweeted. I don't see the big deal with having two versions of quicksilver, sure they will have the same ability, but very different in everything else. Both Fox and Disney/Marvel have the right to use him, so Avengers 2 should not be affected or re-written IMO. I got to say though Fox hit a sweet deal with Marvel back in the late 90s.

Singer has been wanting to use quicksilver for a while now. He was probably part of the script to begin with, but they were probably still having auditions for the role. I remember there was empty slots in a cast pic Bryan Singer tweeted. I don't see the big deal with having two versions of quicksilver, sure they will have the same ability, but very different in everything else. Both Fox and Disney/Marvel have the right to use him, so Avengers 2 should not be affected or re-written IMO. I got to say though Fox hit a sweet deal with Marvel back in the late 90s.

And it's funny too. Because all I've read the past few days is FOX is so mean and evil for their deal with Marvel. I didn't hear anyone complaining back in 2000 when X-Men hit the big screen and was a hit.

It seemed to be people were pleased with FOX and Marvel for giving us an awesome big screen adaptation. Now it's "damn you FOX. You're so evil for wanting to use the characters you paid for."

Not many want to acknowledge that because of FOX and Marvel's deal, it allowed Marvel to form their own studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"