Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to see Antman and Wasp finally joining the Avengers....

...and you will

Wasp is best with Hank and they already set up Hawkeye and Black Widow in previous films. Better they have a proper introduction and are brought in when there is room. Otherwise people would just be complaining on how they didnt get time and were shoved in. You know how that goes.

Antman will more then likely have plenty of focus on Janet. Probably just want them in their solo first. Which should be a good thing for Antman fans. They have an excellent Director with that film. Should be quite different and fun.

Last edited:
Whedon's argument for picking Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is that their powers are different to those seen already. Most of the existing Avengers have physical powers that they use to hit people.

I honestly think, though, that he would be better off using Wasp, Ant-Man and - if he wants an energy-blaster (apart from Wasp's stings) - he could add Ms Marvel.

I also think - and this is purely my view and speculation - that it's unlikely that Singer will add Scarlet Witch and also that Quicksilver in DoFP will have cool action scenes but there won't be mention of him being related to Magneto because there won't be room for that subplot.

I also think - and this is purely my view and speculation - that it's unlikely that Singer will add Scarlet Witch and also that Quicksilver in DoFP will have cool action scenes but there won't be mention of him being related to Magneto because there won't be room for that subplot.

Agreed. I think it would be a better move to put that relation in though. Since that and the word mutant are the only thing separating the two. Better use the advantages you have. All X fans are gonna want that.

Last edited:
and not to mention would make Pietro much more interesting than just another brotherhood member.

They can hint at their connection without go full out with the issue on this movie. But if they put the two characters together on this movie without connecting them, it would be such a cheap and poor decision.

...and you will

Wasp is best with Hank and they already set up Hawkeye and Black Widow in previous films. Better they have a proper introduction and are brought in when there is room. Otherwise people would just be complaining on how they didnt get time and were shoved in. You know how that goes.

Antman will more then likely have plenty of focus on Janet. Probably just want them in their solo first. Which should be a good thing for Antman fans. They have an excellent Director with that film. Should be quite different and fun.

First off to have wasp In Ant-man must mean Edgar wright was convinced to change his plans for Ant-man.He was talking about a peroid part with Henry Pym and modern part with Scott Lang.Unsure how wasp would fit Into film like that.

It will be Intresting to hear more concrete plans for Ant-Man will filming begining In 2014.

First off to have wasp In Ant-man must mean Edgar wright was convinced to change his plans for Ant-man.He was talking about a peroid part with Henry Pym and modern part with Scott Lang.Unsure how wasp would fit Into film like that.

We know its going through re writes to better fit the MCU since his script was written before it existed. Not having Wasp in Ant Man would be a pretty huge let down. I highly doubt they would leave her out, shes too important with that character.

Last edited:
Im having my doubts too.

It would be great to see the couple on his first movie, but we'll see what happens

Thats why I think too. And FOX has never been that faithful when it comes to the comic-books. And I don't really see Magneto having kids in the movie series. Plus it would be a big revelation and there's already a lot of things going on in the movie. Less is more.

Id like to see Antman and Wasp finally joining the Avengers....

but for some reason, Im having my doubts with Wasp.

Since Matthew already used a wasp type mutant on FC, maybe just maybe they dont feel that interested in their own wasp.

I know this would sound "stupid" to some users, but its just a thought. We know Angel was a small role, but for some reason I feel like Marvel preffer something new regarding their new characters. 'New' taking into account ALL previous comicbook movies, not just their universe.

The Wasp and Angel powers are pretty different though only thing that is similiar between them is the wings. Wasp can decrease her size as well as throw like some kind of stinger. Angel just spits fire. I still think Wasp can be used. And i agree Black Widow was used because she was already introduced in IM2,her and Hawkeye were very boring to me.

lets hope Wasp appears before Avengers 3.

and back to topic, fingers crossed these two appear together on more than one scene:

BLMopYuCMAE-_g2.jpg

such an interesting pair of characters/actors

and back to topic, fingers crossed these two appear together on more than one scene:

BLMopYuCMAE-_g2.jpg

attractive*

both :D

Im so happy with this news, Singer really surprised me with this one.
and lets see what he has in store yet, lol

I personally hope DoFP finds the room to make Quicksilver Magneto's son. I love the House of M, and this is the only chance we'll have to see the family side of Magneto.

I'm so happy Bryan Singer is using Quicksilver. Thing that I've always loved about these characters was their relation to Magneto and their history with the brotherhood of mutants. Joss Whedon needs to pull the characters honestly.

I like Joss's idea of a brother and sister team, I just hope they're not annoying or used as comic relief.

I made the mistake on going on Internet movie database forum on DOFP and boy Is there lot of hate for Quicksilver being In film.They are like how dare Bryan Singer use Quicksilver
in film.Of course anything Bryan does gets hate there.But,It makes reaction here mild In compassion.

I don't mind if Quicksilver ends up a silent henchman. After 5 X-Men movies, this should be nothing new. As long as the movie turned out to be great then its all good.

I hope DOFP ends up better than the Avengers 2.

There's an issue of X-Factor, which I loved, in which Pietro is shown to sit in front of a piano and make horrible noise for a few seconds, after which he starts playing like a pro. When asked if he was just being annoying before, he replied no, he was just learning to play the instrument.
I'd love for that concept to be carried over somehow, in both the Fox and MCU interpretation of the character. It shouldn't be just running fast. That we've all seen before. A true speedster should be more.

BLMopYuCMAE-_g2.jpg

Looking at this, I think Fassbender could easily pass as his father. Not to mention, onset makeup can certainly make him look even older and Peter's look a lot younger.

There's an issue of X-Factor, which I loved, in which Pietro is shown to sit in front of a piano and make horrible noise for a few seconds, after which he starts playing like a pro. When asked if he was just being annoying before, he replied no, he was just learning to play the instrument.
I'd love for that concept to be carried over somehow, in both the Fox and MCU interpretation of the character. It shouldn't be just running fast. That we've all seen before. A true speedster should be more.

Agreed. It should be more than fast running. He would eat/think/talk/everything at superspeed if he wanted (and if he forgot to slow down). He would also see the world moving slowly when he moved fast.

Agreed. It should be more than fast running. He would eat/think/talk/everything at superspeed if he wanted (and if he forgot to slow down). He would also see the world moving slowly when he moved fast.

Bingo.
The reason Pietro often comes off as an ass is because he's always so frustrated about having to constantly slow down to be able to interact with anyone for even the most mundane of things.
I know I'll probably be flogged for this, but I think this makes Quicksilver a more realistic and relatable, if not better, character than Flash.
Any of us can get road rage once in a while due to a traffic jam. Imagine being like that 24x7.

Hi everyone!

Decided to make a return to the boards.

That being said... What is this? ---->

I'm so happy Bryan Singer is using Quicksilver. Thing that I've always loved about these characters was their relation to Magneto and their history with the brotherhood of mutants. Joss Whedon needs to pull the characters honestly.

Why does he need to do that? They're more Avengers than X-men. I don't even understand the purpose of having Pietro in DOFP.

I'm not liking anything I'm hearing about this film. :csad:

WB gambit.

We don't know yet to what extent Singer will use QS in DOFP. He might just be a background henchman. If so then it might not even register in the GA collective mind that it's be the same character they'll see in Avengers 2.
To your point about being more related to Avengers than X-Men. Even though that is 100% true about Wanda, it's not so clear-cut with Pietro. He's had a lot more history with the X-Teams than his sister.
Either way, it's happening, so we can only hope for the best.

It just seems like it would complicate things either way is my concern.
Don't use him enough the character feels underwhelming.
Use him too much then it causes confusion with the Avengers version.

It really felt like a last minute call by the Studios to beat Whedon to the punch.

In my opinion, just make him a bad-ass supporting character.

Making Quicksilver as Magneto's son would be such a revelation (at least to the general audience) and I feel that would require a lot of character development to make father-son relationship to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"