Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? Was he not meant to be one of Stryker's crew with the circle scars at the back of their necks?

In early versions of X2 script both sabretooth and Toad were In there as brainwashed henmen for striker.Anne Reynolds was In there as assistant/henchwoman for stryker but wasn't deathstrike.Sabrettoth fought wolverine.Toad was there to have fight with nightcrawler before the captured students could be rescured.Anne was going to be killed by Stryker after he realized she was mutant duing the physic attack from dark cerebro on mutants.

Sabretooth was dropped In order for reynolds to become deathstrike.Toad was going to be In film untill budget problems forced him to be cut.Same reason
why no danger room or sentinle was In film.Originally Stryker got Into cerebro room by having a sentinle there.

This is the seventh film in the series, Prometheus wasn't. There has to be a very good reason why Magneto has a son in this movie. There was ZERO indication that he is/was father in First Class and the original trilogy.

That's irrelevant. The original film leads us to believe Magneto hadn't been a terrorist and that Senator Kelly pushed him over the edge. The original film doesn't lead us to believe Mystique was raised with Xavier as she poisons him without hesitation. The list goes on. Given the original trilogy takes place a solid 40 years after First Class it's not like there isn't room to say Magneto fathered a child.

I think some people here are saying that they should make Quicksilver, Magneto's son in the movie just for the sake of staying true to the comics, but I don't think its that important for them to give Magneto a son in this mutant, especially a teenager.

It's an interesting dynamic and it develops the character Magneto in a way beyond just a tragic Malcom X allegory. People didn't just want Gwen Stacy as Spidey's first love interest in order to stay true to source material, but because it compliments his struggle with guilt and responsibility. Maybe Quicksilver died in the past because of humans and Magneto did something horrible in retaliation that lead to the situation we're in at the start of the original trilogy?

They could just focus on the main plot of the movie, Brotherhood VS X-Men, altering the past and changing the future.

That plots been said and done 3 times now. We have to move on from that formula. X-Men 2 and First Class worked so well because there was a greater threat we'd never seen before. Making the story simply "Brotherhood VS X-Men" would be a major cop out and a huge injustice to the story being adapted.

X-Men Vs Brotherhood Is a big part of comic storyline.

well as you like to point out alot that wolverine is the time traveler i think its safe to say things ain't going to go exactly like the comic storyline and will have a fair few changes

i'm expecting a few surprises, Nimrod possibly

to be fair Days of our future past was a two part episode in the 1992 classic X-men series where Wolverine, Storm, Bishop and Bishop's sisters are the time time travelers.They could be taking from that instead of from the comic where Kitty is the time traveler in question.

X-Men Vs Brotherhood Is a big part of comic storyline.

I'm hoping to see something more along the lines of X-Men vs. Brotherhood vs. Trask.

to be fair Days of our future past was a two part episode in the 1992 classic X-men series where Wolverine, Storm, Bishop and Bishop's sisters are the time time travelers.They could be taking from that instead of from the comic where Kitty is the time traveler in question.

The episodes you're referring to weren't an adaptation of DOFP. They were "One Man's Worth."

They might be doing a film where Trask Is working on weapons for Nixon white house.Plans
on drawing board are the sentinles.Brotherhood plans to kill Trask because of this.
Wolverine warns Xavier and Beast of the future so It becomes X-Men Vs brotherhood to
try to prevent the fuutre.

I'm hoping to see something more along the lines of X-Men vs. Brotherhood vs. Trask.

The episodes you're referring to weren't an adaptation of DOFP. They were "One Man's Worth."

You might be right about that same name different story entirely.

That's irrelevant. The original film leads us to believe Magneto hadn't been a terrorist and that Senator Kelly pushed him over the edge. The original film doesn't lead us to believe Mystique was raised with Xavier as she poisons him without hesitation. The list goes on. Given the original trilogy takes place a solid 40 years after First Class it's not like there isn't room to say Magneto fathered a child.

I already said before, that even if there was no indication that Mystique was Professor X's adopted sister, they focused on their relationship in First Class.

If Quicksilver is going to be Magneto's son in this movie, they would have to focus on them to make it work and we all know there's already bigger things happening in this movie.

Budget, I assume. They've been cutting characters out because of budget since the series began.

They originally had the Anne Reynolds character and Toad as Stryker's two henchmen. And I imagine they had cuts to make and someone suggested merging the two roles and we ended up with Deathstrike.

Ive never heard of Anne reynolds, thank you for that info though I never knew that it sounds like it would have been awesome.

^Anne Reynolds was Stryker's human personal assistant and trained assassin, I think?, in the God Loves Man Kills comic. They replaced her with Lady Deathstrike, because LD is a mutant and sooo much cooler.

^Anne Reynolds was Stryker's human personal assistant and trained assassin, I think?, in the God Loves Man Kills comic. They replaced her with Lady Deathstrike, because LD is a mutant and sooo much cooler.

Funnily, and bizarrely, in the earlier script, she was Anne Reynolds but still had the claws.

"Bones crunch as the fingers on both of her hands extend. Logan gawks as Anne Reynolds shows her true mutant form. She gracefully holds up long, spindly fingers that taper into razor sharp adamantium claws."

So she was Anne Reynolds in name only. Why they didn't call her Lady Deathstrike from the very beginning is a mystery to me. Production didn't begin until June '02 and this draft was 30th April - so this was a revised draft. I've always figured that in the first draft she was perhaps the proper Anne Reynolds and then as draft after draft came in, she eventually morphed into Deathstrike. Certainly, calling her Anne but with Deathstrike's powers would have been a mistake.

Lady Deathstrike isn't a mutant in the comics. She's a cyborg.

Ok i see thank you very much for that, i may have to reread that comic, its alot I dont even remember about it. I agree Lady Deathstrike is cooler.

The way Singer is going to use the character is just going to be a waste. He could have done something pretty cool if he had waited another movie and made a script where the Maximoffs were a bigger part of the plot, but instead we get a Quicksilver with probably no sister or even relevance to the plot at all. I can't imagine him just throwing Quicksilver in there for an action speed scene, there must be a good reason for it where he could still be used with Wanda in a later movie, because otherwise it's just a complete waste of potential. Maximoffs could have been the perfect examples of mutants disagreeing with Magneto's philosophy after being with him.

have just seen episode 1 of second season of American Horror

Really really liking Evan Peters and his acting skills. He may not have the perfect look for Pietro, but he is a pretty solid young actor so Im really happy with his casting choice.

I hope Singer does him justice and he has in fact, a few scenes to shine.

about Wanda.... lets wait and see.

The way Singer is going to use the character is just going to be a waste. He could have done something pretty cool if he had waited another movie and made a script where the Maximoffs were a bigger part of the plot, but instead we get a Quicksilver with probably no sister or even relevance to the plot at all. I can't imagine him just throwing Quicksilver in there for an action speed scene, there must be a good reason for it where he could still be used with Wanda in a later movie, because otherwise it's just a complete waste of potential. Maximoffs could have been the perfect examples of mutants disagreeing with Magneto's philosophy after being with him.

I couldn't care less if the Maximoffs doesn't get their own plot since I want DOFP to be the last film of Magneto.

Thankfully that'll never happen.

And thankfully you don't know whats in store for the future.

If you're fine with FOX focusing on the same characters over and over again, well I'm not.

That must be why you can't stop talking about making an X-Men 4, 5, and 6 with the original cast over and over again.

have just seen episode 1 of second season of American Horror

Really really liking Evan Peters and his acting skills. He may not have the perfect look for Pietro, but he is a pretty solid young actor so Im really happy with his casting choice.

I hope Singer does him justice and he has in fact, a few scenes to shine.

about Wanda.... lets wait and see.

I think he would be a good addition to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"