Superman Returns Celebrate the year of Superman with the WB!

Oh man...another 2 months without seeing any footage for the movie...:(

*loads gun and points to the head*

BLAM

Excel said:
also notice-

it says with "blockbuster movieS"-i think it might be with anotherbig film besides posiedon, with mission impossible 3, da vinci orxmen 3.

my bets with xmen 3, causew.b.s gave x3 its trailer with springs biggest movie v for vendetta.

Very true, but we're still talking May. I am disappointed but excited at the same time.

i wouldnt worry,well still have tonsof stuff to see. the first line of toys and merchandise,any magazine articles,all the set reports.

theres plenty to make up for no trailer. but the trailer BETTER be amazing. and i mean i want my jaw to drop. if were waiting that long and their giving it that good of aposition...it NEEDS to be one of the best ever. if theres one person not blown away by it then its failed.

by also, may means more time for special effects

You're points are definately solid. I want the trailer to blow my hair back then.

Ladies and Gentlemen....it has started.

Would like to see something before may but this has me pumped.

Excel said:
gives me great faith. unlike in 2005 with batman, but much like in 1989 with batman, w.b.s smartly utilizing all ends of the character to notonly makemoney, but build awareness, new fans, and hype for thenew movies.

the marketing sounds fantastic
-the trailer comes in may which is the most popular month of the year for movies.
-look upin thesky: the amazingstory ofsuperman :w.b.s making a freaking documentary for this movie to hype it up-i dont think even star wars ever got that! :up: :up:
-the toys look great! ya see with batman they never got into the merchandise at all;but the fact that they gave merchandise its own section givesme great faith.
-"major promotional categories signed across a wide range of categories";even batman begins had some goodpartners with delland verizon.i cant wait to see what theyve given superman!!!

the marketing looks to be HUGE in may/june! like ive been saying! nothing nowis good! we want it later!!!!

Exactly! I want WB to go nuts a month before the movie comes out...that's pretty much what Sony did with Spider-man. They started promoting heavy around a month and a half before the movie.

Releasing a trailer in March, even if it made your hair stand, and made you jump for joy, would wear out by June 30th. A trailer in mid-May would still be fresh in the general publics' mind. Remember, that's who they are trying to get; we fans already know about this movie. The general audience has a history of short attention spans and a capacity for forgetfulness.

A kick ass trailer (and tons of merchandise) a month-and-a-half before the movie opens serves two major purposes: Firstly, the general audience will NOT forget about the movie and the hype will still be there! And if the trailer is touted with other big summer movies, the better.

Second, it allows for the WB to save its marketing resources to better educate the general audience, and to keep their attention, via TV spots. We’ll have WAY more T.V. spot than Batman Begins. Remember the 2 weeks before Spider-man came out? You couldn't change the channel without a cool TV spot for the movie. Begins didn't have that luxury, which I think could have helped Begins box office a little. It was too magnificent of a movie not to reach 300-350 million domestically.

I know it sucks, but in the end Superman will benefit, and that's all that matters to me. :)

Michael Corleone said:
Ladies and Gentlemen....it has started.

Would like to see something before may but this has me pumped.

After the disappointment of the May Trailer, I find myself as pumped as a tire.

Superman4ever said:
Exactly! I want WB to go nuts a month before the movie comes out...that's pretty much what Sony did with Spider-man. They started promoting heavy around a month and a half before the movie.

Releasing a trailer in March, even if it made your hair stand, and made you jump for joy, would wear out by June 30th. A trailer in May would still be fresh in the general publics mind. Remember, that's who they are trying to get; we fans already know. The general audience has a history of short attention spans and can forget easy.

A kick ass trailer (and tons of merchandise) a month and a half before the movie opens serves two major purposes: Firstly, the general audience will NOT forget about the movie and the hype will still be there! And if the trailer is touted with other big summer movies, the better!
Second, it allows for the WB to save its marketing resources to better educate the general audience, and to keep their attention, via TV spots. We’ll have WAY more T.V. spot than Batman Begins. Remember the 2 weeks before Spider-man came out? You couldn't change the channel without a cool TV spot for the movie. Begins didn't have that luxury, which I think could have helped Begins box office a little. It was too magnificent of a movie not to reach 300-350 million domestically.

Very good points in regards to the trailer being released in May.

Showtime029 said:
After the disappointment of the May Trailer, I find myself as pumped as a tire.

I have to agree with Superman4ever. Yeah its not till may, but its just March. May comes up quick and things are going to blow up. You have to remember that the returns trailer doesnt premier till may but there is a lot of stuff already coming to light that will get the hype going. Superman in general is being put into the conscience of the public not just returns. It's really a good idea when you think about it....Superman is everywhere and then BAM Superman Returns comes along.

Michael Corleone said:
I have to agree with Superman4ever. Yeah its not till may, but its just March. May comes up quick and things are going to blow up. You have to remember that the returns trailer doesnt premier till may but there is a lot of stuff already coming to light that will get the hype going. Superman in general is being put into the conscience of the public not just returns. It's really a good idea when you think about it....Superman is everywhere and then BAM Superman Returns comes along.

:up:

Yup, It's all for the better!

May, like Michael said, comes up quick...it'll be summer before you know it! ;)

theres plenty to make up for no trailer. but the trailer BETTER be amazing. and i mean i want my jaw to drop. if were waiting that long and their giving it that good of aposition...it NEEDS to be one of the best ever. if theres one person not blown away by it then its failed.

:up:

Still disappointed about having to wait ANOTHER month, though. It had better be good.

I agree with both of you, Mr. Corleone & Supes4Eva. Superman needs to be put back in to the public arena before the trailer, and later the movie, is revealed.

It's good marketing.

Superman \S/ said:
So then it is May? *waits for an answer*

Ce!

Wee!

Maybe? Well, most likely...the website says May! :confused:

I'm playin' it's May. :) Unless they made a mistake...;)

Superman4ever said:
Ce!

Wee!

Maybe? Well, most likely...the website says May! :confused:

I'm playin' it's May. :) Unless they made a mistake...;)

Bleh now i'm disturb. I need something to punch........
No matter i hope it's a mistake if not then there are gonna be problems. :)

SHIRT RIP!

shirtrip5uk.png

:supes:

Wow. I don't know how to process this information. GREAT great little video. But bad news about the marketing. I'm sorry, but we should already see Superman action figures and stuff.

This is so ****ING irritating!!! They keep pushing it back... I thought that when Singer said theatrical trailer in April, that we could count on it, and now it's in May!!! The wait for this thing is a *****!! I think it's a bit late on to debut the trailer.......It had better be worth the wait!.. If they hold back the least with this trailer, It's GOOD NIGHT for that movie! I'm hoping that the reason for the long wait is because they REALLY wanna give us something mind-blowing for the theatrical trailer! That trailer had better be the best damn theatrical EVER...all around!

The trailer was pretty cool! I loved the montage of all the various Superman incarnations. The site is great as well very informative with a nice layout.:) :up:

That trailer is awesome. Good website too.

GREATEST WEBSITE EVER!!!!!

Oh, and on the trailer and poster being released in May, all I have to say about that is that could potentially be the dates for theaters, but did we or did we not get the teaser poster about 2 and a half months before a single one appeared in a cineplex? :D

I would not be a bit surprised if the same happens here. They release the one sheet to the fans way ahead of time, then it starts arriving in theaters in May. And I definitely agree with those saying this is the right way to go with the trailer. You guys have to remember, this movie does come out in June, but the last day of June. It's for all real purposes a July movie. Thus an early to mid May trailer is still a month and a half prior to release.

And as far as publicity goes, this strategy is perfect for the target audience, which isn't just us. The fandom only accounts for atmost 5% of the audience, thus they have to appeal to everyone, not just us. A mid May trailer release would ensure the general audience not get burnt out on it and also allow for them to not reveal more than needed, which would likely happen if they did a third trailer.

This schedule is great! This site is great. Welcome to Supermania my friends.

IT HAS BEGUN!

^Actually, there could be a lot of truth to what you're saying, and I hope there is!!!.. We might get the theatrical trailer to debut with SmallVille sometime in April.. I hope so.

WB may even give us a 10 minute 'sneak preview' like they did with Batman Begins.

i find it funny how people are explainng why the trailer will be in may. newsflash: i whant this trailer for me. i really dont care if this trailer will be the reason for huge box office. i want new footage and thats teh reason i want it in april.

thank good that poseidon and smallvile are not in july :o
right? c'mon guys ....you are smarter than this.

and the guys who are saying that it will be in may because of poseidon: why do you think you are right? the guys who were saying that the teaser will be with batman begins were wrong. the guys who were saying that the superbowl spot will be were wrong. the guys who said that the final trailer will be with V for vendetta were wrong. how do we now know that the trailer will be with poseidon? you should all think about this.

this superman movie is a mistery. and why i like mistery stuff i hate this.

Mister J said:
WB may even give us a 10 minute 'sneak preview' like they did with Batman Begins.
you think? when????????'
it looks like the trialer will be at the end of smallville :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"