The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine (Spoiler Discussion)

Much better episode than last week’s

The montage of Boba teaching the Tusken Raiders how to drive speeder bikes was hilarious!

Nice to see Luke’s old buddies (Fixer & Cammie) from back in the day

Jabba’s cousins sure have a badass mean looking Wookiee. Kinda looks like my Yorkie when he gets mad :funny:

While it’s nice to see the flashbacks of Boba becoming part of the tribe, I really hope starting next week the present day story takes more precedence. They’re setting up a gang war and I want to see that already!

It could be because of the train (it is because of the train), but this episode felt more like Solo than it did Mando. Which is a compliment in my eyes, because Solo has grown on me a thousandfold since I first watched it. It felt like a true expansion of the universe, which this episode also had in spades. Gimme more criminal underworld lore, always and forever.

It could be because of the train (it is because of the train), but this episode felt more like Solo than it did Mando. Which is a compliment in my eyes, because Solo has grown on me a thousandfold since I first watched it. It felt like a true expansion of the universe, which this episode also had in spades. Gimme more criminal underworld lore, always and forever.
You're not... Solo in that opinion.

Yeah I'll see myself out.

Yes, come to the Solo fan club. We always shoot first!

And yeah, that is exactly what I thought of with the train. And I loved it.

Some decent moments, but overall I had the same problems as last week. I love everything from Mando, Rebels, Clone Wars etc. so I'm not sure why this isn't clicking for me. Might be Temuera Morrison or that I'm just not interested in seeing even more of Tatooine. I love Ming-Na Wen, but she's barely gotten anything to do either. At least we're probably almost at the end of the flashbacks. I'm glad a lot of you enjoyed this episode more though!

Some decent moments, but overall I had the same problems as last week. I love everything from Mando, Rebels, Clone Wars etc. so I'm not sure why this isn't clicking for me. Might be Temuera Morrison or that I'm just not interested in seeing even more of Tatooine. I love Ming-Na Wen, but she's barely gotten anything to do either. At least we're probably almost at the end of the flashbacks. I'm glad a lot of you enjoyed this episode more though!
Thanks. And I hope going forward, you get some real enjoyment out of the series. :up:

Thanks. And I hope going forward, you get some real enjoyment out of the series. :up:
I hope so too! Sorry if the above sounded a bit sour. I actually do really want to like this show and there is still stuff I like about it. I think, in the end, the great thing about Disney era Star Wars is that there's something for everyone. It's perfectly fine if I end up not being the target audience for this little part of it. Though some of the rumors surrounding the show definitely have me intrigued still. We'll see where it goes!

Edit: I did also appreciate how much better the Pykes looked in this episode than they did in Solo.

Last edited:
I thought this episode was okay, even more "Dances with Tuskens" than the first episode. I'd have preferred to see more of "present day" Boba and Fennec since this was mostly all flashbacks.

Me as a non-comics reader (at least not post-Disney) when the wookiee showed up:

99d8490a35816c10a5cda3d035198268287058ed.gifv

Think this is a much better episode than last week's. Hearing the Tuskens talk about their history, albeit briefly, was cool. I'm a sucker for the "lore" of Star Wars, and seeing it build up in new canon is always a treat.
Much better episode than last week’s
Agree, really liked it.
Yes dances with Tuskens yet going further back shades of Conrad colonial era Lawrence of Arabia, Hearts of Darkness (with an Oceana (walkabout) spin Morrison must be loving), and pulp Burroughs and John Carter of Mars. Of course the Western and Crime boss framing. That's how SW works.
And this reinventing himself "new" Fett, is a surprisingly entertaining character to drop into the heart of it all.
Or rather "the planet that's farthest from it all"
5w9ppt.gif

Also called Camie and Fixer:cwink:- The Book of Boba Fett - The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)
5ylxbz.gif

Really shows how far Luke got in his life by comparison.:funny:

Not watching the short sad pathetic career of Toro Calican episode again, but what was Fennec doing on Tatooine?
Would it be to much for Fennec and the Tusken warrior who defeated and training Fett parallels?
Was she tracking spice?
Another flashback ep. for her tale?

Last edited:
I can understand why some people won't be fans of all the flashbacks, but I am honestly loving the amount of shine and depth The Tusken Raiders are getting in this show so far.

This is the most we have ever learned about them or spent time with them and seeing their culture and even hearing a brief bit of their history is some really cool worldbuilding IMO.

This is the kind of stuff I'm here for because expanding on the Star Wars lore is something I also thought The Mandalorian did really well on its own too, especially during Season 1.

Also, it was cool seeing some Hutt's show up and with a badass looking Wookie to boot. They are definitely keeping a lot of this show under wraps, and I can't wait to unpack it all.

I enjoyed the episode.

I was hoping for another pat set in the present, but at the same time we've pretty much have covered the majority of what we need too in the Post Jedi-Pre Mando era. ALl thats left really is him saving Fennec, and then getting Slave I back.

I figured The Mayor would be a quick one and done character, but he lives for at least one more episode.

Did not have Black Karrastan as the first one of my Bounty Hunter Bingo list to appear. But him showing up does open a lot of doors. He's worked with Boba before, we could get an Aphra cameo down the road. Or maybe a BK v Bossk rematch. I think Trandoshouns have surpassed Twi'leks in alien visibilty this week which is neat.

MAN was Boba's Vision Quest/Lizard Trip amazing. The way he stumped through the sands shifting between his jumpsuit and armor. Trippy ****.

Also we've gotten a LOT of Kamino flashbacks.

Does Boba make a trip there by the end?

Also

LOVE that the Hutt Cartel aint' giving up Tatooine with out a fight. Crimson Dawn/Black Sun aside, you gotta love the HC.

Can we go to Nar Shadda and Nal Hutta please Lucasfilm?

The show is awesome so far, but it has the same issue that The Punisher had in terms of that he was better utilized in DD S2 than in his own show (e.g Boba also being better utilized in Mando S2 than here).

The flashback scenes feel like padding and nothing has happened so far to move the main plot.

That being said, the train sequence was amazing and it totally blew away the one in Solo.

While I did enjoy the episode more overall than the last one, the Godfather 2 **** is wearing thin on me. Especially now. I mean, I do enjoy seeing more Tuskens, but you have Black Krrsantan in the mix now in the present. I know Cad Bane has been heavily speculated, but damn, Black Krrsantan is an amazing surprise. Just let the beserker wookiee loose. I don't care about the Tuskens. The Twins are a neat addition. Nice to to see a purple Hutt again.

Hey, since Boba is looking for a protocol droid, I know the perfect one for him. Comes with a great sidekick too....

While I did enjoy the episode more overall than the last one, the Godfather 2 **** is wearing thin on me. Especially now. I mean, I do enjoy seeing more Tuskens, but you have Black Krrsantan in the mix now in the present. I know Cad Bane has been heavily speculated, but damn, Black Krrsantan is an amazing surprise. Just let the beserker wookiee loose. I don't care about the Tuskens. The Twins are a neat addition. Nice to to see a purple Hutt again.

I would expect at least one more post sarlaac flashback when Boba gets Slave I back, but yeah they need to dial it down for an episode or two to get the present story going.

Hey, since Boba is looking for a protocol droid, I know the perfect one for him. Comes with a great sidekick too....

Ahh the murder droids...are they still functioning? I thought they got iced in Aphra?

I am just waiting for the tusken raiders to show up and help him take on the hutts. Unless this is just the story of how this tribe gets wiped out before he leaves them.

I am just waiting for the tusken raiders to show up and help him take on the hutts. Unless this is just the story of how this tribe gets wiped out before he leaves them.
To defeat the Harkonnen Huts, he's going to need desert power, and the Fremen Tusken are desert power.:cwink:

To defeat the Harkonnen Huts, he's going to need desert power, and the Fremen Tusken are desert power.:cwink:

Spice gunna be flowing all night long in Jabba's Palace XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"