The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 7: In The Name of Honor (Spoiler Discussion)

IMHO there was absolutely no reason for Mandalorian and Grogu to show up in this series. They didn't need to be there.

Episode 5 would've been the perfect way to open S3 of Mandalorian.

The reason was simple: Future Disney+ content commercial and try to salvage a bad show with the nostalgia card. Didn't make the show better. Nostalgia doesn't fix bad writing, bad pacing, etc

Saying what needs to be said. :o

e657a99272fb1313d1eaf3b094c935fca075b463.gifv

I'm pretty disappointed that Din and Grogu are already reunited, I figured it would happen, but I didn't think they would do it this ridiculously quickly, it kills a lot of the impact the S2 finale had. Was hoping to see more of Grogu being trained in the force by Luke and Din dealing with Grogu's absence, and for them to not be reunited until towards the end of S3. It also feels like we got way more plot progression for Mandalorian than we did for Boba, since Bane and Boba's history never actually got adapted in any form outside of a couple rough animations for unfinished CW episodes it's hard to be too invested in their confrontation, they should've had Bane be who the Pykes had wipe out the Tusken tribe to make it feel personal for those who aren't familiar with their history. And Boba riding the Rancor was awesome, but a bit unearned, since we only ever saw one interaction between them when they first met. They did a decent job wrapping things up here overall, but if they'd spent the last two episodes building up Bane, the Rancor, and the crime families being pressured by the Pykes it would've done the show a lot of good. The Mando stuff should've been saved for Mandalorian season 3. Overall the show sadly was a bit of a dud for me overall, it felt directionless, slow, and yet also rushed.

Yeah it's weird to put such a big moment in a different show. Imagine if you skipped The Book of Boba Fett and you suddenly just saw Grogu back again in season 3... like I had to tell my sister that she has to watch Boba Fett, without trying to spoil anything. (She wasn’t interested in it at all)

On the other hand, The Mandalorian was also Grogu's show from day 1. I have no idea when season 3 starts, so I can't really complain that I got what I wanted early. But I agree that a couple of solo Mando episodes would've made that reunion more special.

Last edited:
The reason was simple: Future Disney+ content commercial and try to salvage a bad show with the nostalgia card. Didn't make the show better. Nostalgia doesn't fix bad writing, bad pacing, etc
And yet the insertion of Mando is a huge part of WHY the show was bad and had terrible pacing. You remove Mando Season 2.5 and it has room to actually work.
Cad Bane is one bad mofo my lawd does the dude have such an awesome screen presence. He definitely should have been built up more as the big rival of the season because seeing him and Boba standoff was pretty cool, but we needed way more scenes of them together so we could have had a bigger payoff in the end.

I still really liked the final showdown though and I'm not too mad about him being killed off, but man imagine how much better this show could have been had we been introduced to him in the first episode, and they just slowly built of the dread and the menace of his character throughout the show.

Just one of the better examples of the missed potential of this show IMO.
Exactly. So much that could have worked so well with the proper time. Everything about that final scene was playing off of conflicts and history that were nowhere to be found in the show before that moment. And the rancor - We don't get a single scene of it bonding to Boba and him learning to control it? Seriously? Such a waste.

If there's one thing to take away from this episode:

Never use a blaster riffle in a showdown. Stick to a blaster pistol. Its faster.

Rewatched the season finale and it’s definitely more enjoyable the second time around. Upon rewatching I felt that this episode could have been about 10-15 minutes longer to give it a little more breathing room and transition better in certain parts

I’m actually interested to see where they take Boba & Fennec to next and if Krrsantan will stick around as part of Boba’s crew

What’s the name of that diplomat character who reads out Boba’s awesome offer? Always find that character hilarious.

Rewatched the season finale and it’s definitely more enjoyable the second time around. Upon rewatching I felt that this episode could have been about 10-15 minutes longer to give it a little more breathing room and transition better in certain parts

I’m actually interested to see where they take Boba & Fennec to next and if Krrsantan will stick around as part of Boba’s crew
I don’t think I’ll be rewatching the first few episodes of this show a lot but the finale, sure. Probably will do my first rewatch in the next couple of days.

I don’t think I’ll be rewatching the first few episodes of this show a lot but the finale, sure. Probably will do my first rewatch in the next couple of days.
If you're doing a BOFB + Mando rewatch I would definitely recommend doing it in chronological order, rather than release order:
  1. BOBF E1-3 Flashbacks
  2. Mando E1-5
  3. BOBDF E4 Flashbacks
  4. Mando E6-16
  5. BOBF E1-4 Modern Day
  6. BOBF E5-7

If you're doing a BOFB + Mando rewatch I would definitely recommend doing it in chronological order, rather than release order:
  1. BOBF E1-3 Flashbacks
  2. Mando E1-5
  3. BOBDF E4 Flashbacks
  4. Mando E6-16
  5. BOBF E1-4 Modern Day
  6. BOBF E5-7
Oh thanks for this! Saving it and will follow it when I do it. :up:

That was a boring finale. 35 minutes of gun fighting t between characters that I don’t even remember the names of.

That was a boring finale. 35 minutes of gun fighting t between characters that I don’t even remember the names of.
He wasn’t in the show much so it’s understandable that you’d forget him but one of them was actually an OT character named Boba Fett.

Seeing a rancor **** stuff up was a pure joy and I want more of it.
It had a King Kong appeal with its unexpected range of movement that I didn’t expect based off the original rancor. Awesome creature haha.

Didn't watch this until I heard it was The Mandolorian season 2.5. Never was the biggest fan of Boba Fett. Not that I didn't like him, but I never saw the hype.

I liked all The Mando stuff although yeah from a pure artistic standpoint, I feel it was weird to have major developments in Mando and Grogu's story happen in this. From a business sense I get it, it gets people (like me) who didn't care about Fett to watch the show. But yeah.

On the Boba Fett stuff, I can't comment much cuz I only saw the last 3 eps. But from what I read and the little I saw in the finale, nothing made me think to go back and watch the previous 4 eps. Boba walking around smiling (awkwardly but still) and bowing and yucking it up with his new "family" just...idk. It's been said to death, but they Disneyfied him pretty hard. I've seen some SW fanboys try and go "Boba was never that dark. You're projecting" Now he may not have been Tony Soprano or Tommy from Goodfellas, but Boba Fett was still set up to be a ruthless Bounty Hunter a guy Darth Vader had to make a point of saying "No vaporizing". Seeing him at the end of that final episode was such...idk. Just not where I think many wanted the character to go.
And I get there's character development. But I don't get why soften Boba that much. Again, they didn't have to make him Tony Soprano, Avon Barksdale level of evil or ruthless. But they could've had him kept him edge. I really think that's what people wanted. Not what they got. And that has nothing to do with who Star Wars fans are

If they want to make him a crime boss...make him a crime boss. An actual one. Or better yet have him just going around doing bounties and exploring the darker parts of the SW universe. I love The Mando but I do miss the darker bounty hunting stuff like in the first ep of season 1 or his introduction scene in TBOBF.

Last edited:
ME (After TM S2 Finale): Boy it's going to be hard for Din to see Grogu again now that he's been taken under Luke Skywalker's tutelage.

ME (After BOBF S1 Finale):

c6682605acf9acf892e69cdd9163f9827a6fab90.gifv
Just started watching the SR Pitch Meetings. Pretty funny if repetitive.

But yeah I agree. Having that great emotional moment of Mando giving up Grogu at the end of s2 had the wind taken out of its sails a little bit by having them get together so easily

I've been saying it since Mando Season 2 was airing: Favreau needs a co-showrunner or a writers room. Fanservice, cameos, and The Volume aren't enough. Good thing Obi-Wan and Andor have different creative teams.
Yeah I liked s2, but it suffered from trying to set up too many future storylines like Iron man 2, TASM2.
Mando did it way better though and still came out with a good season. But that's my main gripe

And yet the insertion of Mando is a huge part of WHY the show was bad and had terrible pacing. You remove Mando Season 2.5 and it has room to actually work.

Exactly. So much that could have worked so well with the proper time. Everything about that final scene was playing off of conflicts and history that were nowhere to be found in the show before that moment. And the rancor - We don't get a single scene of it bonding to Boba and him learning to control it? Seriously? Such a waste.

Well we did get that one scene of them at the dinner where they are meeting the other gotra heads over the rancor pit, and then he feeds it and gets to calm down as a bit of a power flex.

I was wondering if we could even trust the rancor trainer (Danny Trejo) at first. And we never even saw him again after that. I did think we could've used at least one more scene of Boba Fett with the rancor and showing that he can tame and control it.

But I'm in full agreement that the Mandalorian material kind of upset the balance of this show.

You see I didn't find it to be a bad show at all. I think by episode 4 I was fully invested into the basic gist of the Boba Fett show and Boba Fett establishing his reign as a crime lord.

Just started watching the SR Pitch Meetings. Pretty funny if repetitive.

But yeah I agree. Having that great emotional moment of Mando giving up Grogu at the end of s2 had the wind taken out of its sails a little bit by having them get together so easily

I f'n hate this development. I saw no point to undo it that quickly.

I don't know. Overall, this season feels like. . . they had a couple Boba Fett-related scripts in the locker for a future Mandalorian season, took them out, and tried to hammer them into a spinoff. And it just didn't work especially well, not as a coherent whole. Individual *pieces* worked, but they didn't mesh. I really do have to wonder whether BoBB was part of the original "plan", or if they hacked it together relative last minute?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"