The Book of Boba Fett Chapter 5: The Return of Corporate Synergy (Spoiler Discussion)

2iosKAn.jpeg

How much are we expecting Din to feature in the last 2 episodes?

Its hard to tell what we will get next after doing a complete 180 this week with an entire Din episode, it made it sound like he was off to see a certain cute small green someone but whether we see that or not its hard to tell with how schizophrenic this show is one week from the next.

Literally anything is possible at this point, as long as its good though, there's loads of characters I would love to see turn up but I doubt any of the ones in my head actually will but we will get some other surprises hopefully instead. (maybe Mephisto finally??:funny:)

Next week on BoBF: Reed Richards, Mephisto, Aunt Carnage and MCU Quicksilver.

If he's really going to go see Grogurt, I can't imagine them not showing us that. Which dovetails into a prediction I have based on a tweet from a legit leaker.

Han and Ben are going to show up. Which makes me wonder if he'll meet up with them while hanging with Luke.

Why that may actually be possible/true

Harrison Ford is currently filming the new Indiana Jones for Lucasfilm. Which will also apparently de-age him to Last Crusade-era for a flashback. So they kind of have all the work done in that regard for Ford to look younger (aka a few years older after Jedi lol).

Also, Ford has a relationship with Jon Favreau who directed him in Cowboys & Aliens

Why that may actually be possible/true

Harrison Ford is currently filming the new Indiana Jones for Lucasfilm. Which will also apparently de-age him to Last Crusade-era for a flashback. So they kind of have all the work done in that regard for Ford to look younger (aka a few years older after Jedi lol).

Also, Ford has a relationship with Jon Favreau who directed him in Cowboys & Aliens
IMO,

While that is possible, I would expect Han to be played by Aiden. My reason for this is because we are getting the Lando show and a rumored Qi'ra show. You'd expect Han to show up on those in some way, shape or form, and I'd expect that to be Aiden as well, with everyone else being Solo actors.

Damn, did not see those spoilers coming! :cool:

Damn, did not see those spoilers coming! :cool:
It's a guess. One with potential backing as a concept, but still just a guess. That said,

There are basically three things from the ST that once you see them, means you can't argue they aren't "canon". Rey, Snoke and Kylo. And Kylo is the only one in proximity of anyone we know right now, and there are the rumors of the Qi'ra show, which I'd expect them to confirm in some way with the finale of Boba. Her running into her ex or his kid feels like something they'd do.

Actually thinking about it, I could totally see the Falcon showing up to pick up kid Ben or something like that.

It's a guess. One with potential backing as a concept, but still just a guess. That said,

There are basically three things from the ST that once you see them, means you can't argue they aren't "canon". Rey, Snoke and Kylo. And Kylo is the only one in proximity of anyone we know right now, and there are the rumors of the Qi'ra show, which I'd expect them to confirm in some way with the finale of Boba. Her running into her ex or his kid feels like something they'd do.

Actually thinking about it, I could totally see the Falcon showing up to pick up kid Ben or something like that.
I’d been concentrating on this show and hoping to get focus on the present/future over all the flashbacks and setup but hadn’t given consideration to much beyond that. All sounds feasible though. :up:

I’d been concentrating on this show and hoping to get focus on the present/future over all the flashbacks and setup but hadn’t given consideration to much beyond that. All sounds feasible though. :up:
I am with you. I've enjoyed the flashbacks, but I want to know what's going to happen in Mos Espa and such. It feels like we've had weeks of teasing. I want to see the Rancor run wild, damnit! :argh:

Its like they want to diminish Boba with this show. At every turn he's been a bumbling old man and weak and now they bring Din in being more ruthless and capable than him.
I wonder how much of Boba's fearsome reputation in-universe is really his. From what we've seen on-screen, he's a traumatized child who inherited the distinctive ship and armor of his bounty-hunter father. The galaxy at large doesn't know about Jango's death, nor that Jango had a son, so the assumption might be that Jango and Boba are the same person.

Boba idolized his father, and he must have felt some envy for the fighting skills of his thousands of super-capable brothers, so he would have wanted to live up to that reputation. I imagine him spending his early adulthood following in his father's footsteps without really making a contribution to the lore. It wasn't until his time with the Tuskens that he developed his own sense of identity and goals.

I mean there isn't like the 'one big scene' that ties to the sequels in these shows, but it lays the groundwork for it pretty often.
  • Force healing
  • Canto Bight earlier and now referencing those creatures this week
  • Scrapjaw Motito from Force Awakens
  • The quote about Grogu not being a strandcast
  • Just in general everything they're doing with the Empire/Palpatine cloning stuff in these shows
  • Same with the New Republic and their failures
  • The instant power vacuum right after Endor (giving rise to the First Order)
  • The way every Empire character keeps talking about order
I guess if we're looking broader at the Filoniverse...
  • World Between Worlds also leads to the sequels
  • Bad Batch had small references to Resistance
And there's probably plenty I'm forgetting

I'm guessing the backlash for these is less severe because there is some plausible deniability though, unlike the examples you mentioned.

Last edited:
Especially after the "No disintegrations" line from Vader in ESB.
Or it could mean the guy just botched a job in the past is given fair warning not to screw up again.

Hey. Mistakes happen.

Lol I just noticed the thread title. Was that the title last week?

Or it could mean the guy just botched a job in the past is given fair warning not to screw up again.

Hey. Mistakes happen.

Or just to make clear that this "Wanted, Alive" is not "I want them alive but will grumble and pay a smaller bounty for dead", nor even "Alive or you get no money", but "If they die, you die". I mean, especially for a top tier bounty hunter like Fett, there are probably a lot of situation where "Wanted, Alive" leaves room for negotiation, special circumstances, or bad luck, and the worst that happens is that the bounty hunter gets a bad Yelp review and no more work from that client. Darth Vader is not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"