Chapter Thirteen Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by DarthSkywalker, Nov 27, 2020.

1. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

[​IMG]

2. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

They went to the KILL BILL/LADY SNOWBIRD well this time... I can totally see this happening now.

3. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Outside of Covid stuff making things difficult for whatever reason... They have to get Lars. They HAVE to.

4. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I just don't see The Mandalorian becoming the Rebels sequel series.

KaijuDude1992 and TheVileOne like this.
  5. herolee10 No More Miracles

Agreed. If anything, I could see it leading more towards Mando helping Bo Katan reclaiming their home world.

It's possible they're just planting seeds for Ahsoka's own Disney series, with Thrawn being the main antagonist there.

6. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

My buddy has this idea that they are looking to "Avengerize" SW on Disney+.

Multiple shows that will have connective tissue to tell a larger story that will crossover.

7. BlackFox The Book of BlackFox

This series just gets better and better. Wow.

After episode 2 I was a tad concerned but each one after has swung for the fences and not missed, so much to love about this epsiode from the "Nightcrawler" esq opening to the introduction of some great new characters as well as being really dark and the closest tone to Empire since well forever I guess and getting baby Yoda backstory and name. So many neat little touches and nods to even bigger things as well, the mind boggles for not just the next 3 episodes but also future series, damn this is making Star Wars great again.

The only slight waste was Michael Beihn not really have much to do or say, bit of a nothing character but at least it was a nice cameo if nothing else;

Otherwise, damn, 10 out of 10 stuff here for the third straight week.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  8. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

The Batman Begins docks and Kill Bill duel sequences really stood out to me. :hehe:

9. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

That sounds possible. If they do that, I hope we still get different shows in different eras.

10. Sawyer High King

That was the feeling I got. Her appearance felt way too significant to just be a one-off, but I also don’t think this is going to become The Mandalorian (Co-Starring Ahsoka Tano). So I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she’s got a solo series coming her way in the near future.

11. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

Good episode.
    Rosario Dawson looked great as Ahsoka Tano.
    Her light sabre fights were sober, no crazy stunts, same with her fight with the "spear Lady", I liked that she didn't appear unbeatable against a non Force user.
    So, Beskar can stop a light sabre, I didn't know. Cool stuff.
    Micheal Biehn, yeah !
    Thrawn name drop, more yeah !
    The Kid has a name, even more yeah !

12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, all amazing stuff. I didn’t really expect all this stuff to be touched on in a Mandalorian series and it’s really blasting through expectations on that front.

Silver Surfer and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  13. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I am totally there for both of those. Bo Katan needs to become one of the most important supporting characters of this series in future seasons.

Ahsoka needs her own series, and Thrawn needs to start getting big exposure as the next major Star Wars villain. He can be the best successor to Vader that none of the others have managed to live up to so far.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  14. TheVileOne Registered

She wasn't quite as warm as the Ahsoka we've seen in animation. Even in her adulthood as Fulcrum, she was warmer than this.

I also found her attitude about Grogu questionable knowing what she knows about Ezra.

These were really my only issues with the episode.

I would like to note it's quite possible something has happened to Ahsoka to make her a little colder.

#164 TheVileOne, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Snow Queen likes this.
  15. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

Ezra is the guy Ashoka was talking about when she said : I knew another one with dark inside ?

16. Broseph44 Witness Me

Anakin

17. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

With the previous post about Ezra I had a doubt. Never watched Rebels.

18. CaptainWagner Doing It With Worry (P)

I mean, I utterly loathe TFA and TROS and think Abrams has had, like, only two original ideas in his entire life, but the people who like those movies are still perfectly legitimate Star Wars fans. I've never understood the compulsion to try and say there are "real fans." It's just as nonsensical as complaining that TLJ doesn't "feel like Star Wars" because somebody made a 'yo mamma' joke. (That said, I totally could have churned out a script in 6 months ten times more innovative than TFA, but I digress) :shrug:

Anyway, back to Mando:

-Well, THAT escalated quickly
    -I love how this is basically a horror movie with Ahsoka as the monster
    -Major Samurai vibes, which is always a good look for Star Wars
    -Loth-Cat!
    -I feel like they nailed the look for Ahsoka, but I'm not sold on the performance yet. Which is weird, with Filoni writing/directing. I get that Ahsoka has grown a lot and seen some ****, but she just seems so serious. It just feels off missing the fun side of her.
    -Groju? I'll accept, but he's still Baby Yoda in my heart.
    -Okay, now THIS is some ********. Ahsoka left the Order because she saw through their flaws and now she's pulling this "I can't train him because he's too attached" nonsense? She's the last person who should be trying to enforce the old rules. And then she cites Anakin as a reason, as if she should know better than anyone that it was the suppression of his attachments that was the problem, not his love itself?
    -And again on the topic of "What the ****, Ahsoka?" - This is also hugely hypocritical, since she's wringing hands over Groju's potential anger and darkness while mercilessly cutting her way through dozens of guards.
    -This is an excellent fight scene. Probably the best in the show so far.
    -What the heck was up with that moronic quick-draw? They set up this guy as a pragmatic character who we'll see again, only to have him get himself killed again for literally no reason.
    -Thrawn! Freaking Thrawn! :DV: That makes me happy.
    -Oberyn has his spear back. And this time, he's wearing a helmet.

KaijuDude1992 and DarthSkywalker like this.
  19. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Nope, since Din confirms his kills, and wears armor. ;)

20. Gothamsknight Registered

I definitely think the Thrawn tease is building towards an Ashoka series rather than that stuff happening in Mandalorian, but I could be wrong. Either way, I am one happy Star Wars fan. Question is, who is the jedi that baby yoda will call to? Luke? Ezra? Cal?

21. sueb1863 Registered

Was I the only one who was sort of hoping The Child would turn out to be a girl? Just because everyone was assuming it was a boy...

And any Michael Biehn fans should check him out as the lead character on the CBS Western series "The Magnificent Seven" (1998-1999). Several of the 22 episodes are on YouTube. Nice to see him getting work. :)

TheVileOne likes this.
  22. TheVileOne Registered

I remember the late 1990s TV version of Magnificent Seven. I wish it lasted longer.

We've seen a female member of Yoda's species, and they don't look like Grogu or Yoda.

[​IMG]

So it was reasonable to expect that Grogu was MORE THAN LIKELY a male of the species.

23. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

To be fair, both puppets of that species were terrible in that movie. About the only time you will find people being happy the replaced a puppet with CG...

24. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I might agree with you, if Luke himself weren't absolutely useless. Which he shouldn't have been, but the new movies reduced him to so being, so. . .

25. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Honestly, I think the "correct" choice should be for him to go towards neither the ball nor the sword, but simply to go to "Dad". Rejecting the idea of the choice put before him as being a real one.