character design?

Personally, I hate his Joker. And I think his Batman is overly muscular. ALso, about the purple/green thing, they are both The Joker and The Riddler's colors, but The Joker uses more purple while The Riddler uses more green.

I don't like jim lee's joker he looks extremely overexaggerated

I really don't like the Joker, Cluemaster, and Bane's designs. If they added shoes to the Joker I could live with it. Now I like his beret and costume he had later in the series.
The characterization of Bane is fine. Intelligent, strong, etc.The venom when he gets pumped looks awful. Big arms, head, and chest, but way to little legs.
Cluemaster's charcater is fine. But his Jabba The Hutt look must go.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
Yeah because we all know GREEN SUITS and PURPLE GLOVES are highly common among today's fashion society....not to mention bowler hats, those are just such the rage these days.

But at least it's a realistic outfit that would actually stay on when you wear it. I can't imagine TB Riddler's outfit even staying on, unless it's glued on or something. Look at the sleeves! They only cover half the arm!!!

And as for Joker, someone needs to teach him to walk upright like a human being. He looks like an ape. He's hunched over and his arms are way too big.

Bane looks pretty ******ed. He'd probably be the easiest villain to defeat ever. Just one good hit and he'd lose his balance and fall down. Look at those scrawny legs... And why is he red!?!

I very much dislike the capes for both Batman and Batgirl. His cape is supposed to be scalloped like the wings of a Bat, not just be all spiky. His cape really doesn't resemble a bat when I see it spread out. I was also annoyed yesterday when i saw Babs Gordon for the first time, with her crazy, purple spiky hair. This anime crap is infesting everything, her hair looked ******ed.

I could probably stomach Mr. Freeze's new look if he just had a gun. Give him a freeze gun, instead of shooting it out of his hands. Who does he think he is? Iceman? Seriously, when I saw him slide to the ground on a trail of ice as he shot it out of his hands... I was just waiting to read about a lawsuit from Marvel. Unfortunatley, i dont think they'd have grounds to sue... but they should.

Lets see... have I complained about all the villains yet? That's about all that i've seen so far that I really have a problem with. Penguin's look is pretty standard, though his voice does bother me. But Penguin has always bothered me, so whatever. And Catwoman's ears are far too large.

Katsuro said:
But at least it's a realistic outfit that would actually stay on when you wear it. I can't imagine TB Riddler's outfit even staying on, unless it's glued on or something. Look at the sleeves! They only cover half the arm!!!

And as for Joker, someone needs to teach him to walk upright like a human being. He looks like an ape. He's hunched over and his arms are way too big.

Bane looks pretty ******ed. He'd probably be the easiest villain to defeat ever. Just one good hit and he'd lose his balance and fall down. Look at those scrawny legs... And why is he red!?!

I very much dislike the capes for both Batman and Batgirl. His cape is supposed to be scalloped like the wings of a Bat, not just be all spiky. His cape really doesn't resemble a bat when I see it spread out. I was also annoyed yesterday when i saw Babs Gordon for the first time, with her crazy, purple spiky hair. This anime crap is infesting everything, her hair looked ******ed.

I could probably stomach Mr. Freeze's new look if he just had a gun. Give him a freeze gun, instead of shooting it out of his hands. Who does he think he is? Iceman? Seriously, when I saw him slide to the ground on a trail of ice as he shot it out of his hands... I was just waiting to read about a lawsuit from Marvel. Unfortunatley, i dont think they'd have grounds to sue... but they should.

Lets see... have I complained about all the villains yet? That's about all that i've seen so far that I really have a problem with. Penguin's look is pretty standard, though his voice does bother me. But Penguin has always bothered me, so whatever. And Catwoman's ears are far too large.

1) It's a CARTOON

2) It's apparent you're not an artist or designer of any kind because you'd then know that the look of the show is based on the STYLE of Jeff Matsuda...hence the over exaggerated body proportions, long limbs...etc.

3) No current cartoon really has "realistic" looking characters. JLU is based on the STYLE of Bruce Timm which in itself is very angular and blocky. Look at Superman's upper body, it's HUGE compared to his lower half...but then again it's a STYLE. Next you're going to tell me that Teen Titans is too "cartoony" for you and needs to be more realistic :rolleyes:

4) Tight, form fitting clothes made either of spandex, vinyl, latex, leather....etc are currently used into A LOT of today's "underground" styles. You're A LOT more likely to come across someone wearing that type of outfit in today's society than a guy running around in a green suit and bowler hat. The Riddler in this show is CLEARLY supposed to be a "gothic-esque" character, so is that costume for him REALLY that much of a stretch? since people compare him to Manson, could you picture Manson wearing something like that? I sure as hell could....a lot more easy than I could ANYONE running around in Riddler's "classic" costume.

Yes, I could pciture Marilyn Manson wearing an outfit like that. I also can't stand Marilyn Manson.

And the Teen Titan's show sucks pretty hard too. I'm sick of all this anime crap replacing the good, old cartoons. this is why the only animated shows I watch anymore are Family Guy, Futurama, and B:TAS every now and then. They dont all have giant eyes and spiky pink and green hair.

Katsuro said:
Yes, I could pciture Marilyn Manson wearing an outfit like that. I also can't stand Marilyn Manson.

And the Teen Titan's show sucks pretty hard too. I'm sick of all this anime crap replacing the good, old cartoons. this is why the only animated shows I watch anymore are Family Guy, Futurama, and B:TAS every now and then. They dont all have giant eyes and spiky pink and green hair.

Um, you're aware that BOTH Family Guy and Futurama have characters with giant eyes and other mishaped, odd proportions right? If you watch ANY cartoon and try to pick it apart for not being "realistic" then what the hell are you doing watching cartoons at all? Anything Bruce Timm has done has been in his style which once again is a very angular, blocky style....look at the jaw lines of the characters from BTAS, they all look like they were chiseled from stone, but it works well in the context of the show so why mess with it?

Just because YOU don't like Manson, or that look in general doesn't make it wrong for others to. I happened to think this is THE BEST Riddler design period. The look suits the voice perfectly, and it's a welcomed change from the same old tired suit, or plain spandex bodysuit....it's ORIGINAL (saying that is considered a sin around these boards).

It is what it is, like it or don't.

Original isnt bad. But that costume clearly is.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
Um, you're aware that BOTH Family Guy and Futurama have characters with giant eyes and other mishaped, odd proportions right?

yeah, that's not my point. My point is that most anime looks the same and it's all very bland and ugly. Bruce Timm's style was so much more interesting.

0neDisturbedSOB said:
Just because YOU don't like Manson, or that look in general doesn't make it wrong for others to. I happened to think this is THE BEST Riddler design period.

exactly. "I" dont like it. I came here to say why I hate these character designs, i'm not neccessarily saying it's wrong for other to. I'm offering my opinion, that's all. Just because YOU think this is the best Riddler design doens't make it wrong for other not to.

Well after the Simpsons it's almost become the standard to give cartoons big eyes and proportions similar to Homer or Peter. I like both Family Guy and Simpsons, but let's call a spade a spade here. Teen Titans is not 100% anime, it's anime influenced but it's nothing like Dragonball, Lupin...etc.

Teen tians is somewhat a regular cartoon with things inspired from anime but it really is not an anime at all.
Also not all animes look the sames you can't compare shows like samurai champloo and dragon ball z. they look completely different and they are both animes.
as for riddlers costume it is not the original which was okay but it fits with this style of cartoon which is dark and kind of gothic esque.

Best:
Batman
Mr.Freeze
Firefly
Killer Croc
Penguin
Manbat

Worst:
Joker
Riddler
Catwoman
Poison Ivy
Bane
Batgirl

I'll put it this way; Catwoman an' Mr. Freeze I like. Penguin looks pretty close to th' classic style, but I could do without him bein' Samo Hung.

Th' rest of them suck completely.

Wow you guys are harsh it is just a cartoon it's going to get replaced with another one in about 2 years anyway. You should know kids have short attention spans

ah guys.... i think im sensing a trend here.
all the supervillans and some heroes look wierd because this cartoon series is to the actual comics what post modern art is to the world of art. they look creepy, stupid, and sometimes wierd. that's becausethe writer and the artists were once comic book readers like u who wanted to create whatever they wanted.

Sauron said:
I actually like the Riddler but, get rid of the black lip stick. The Joker and Bane are the worst outta' them all.
Its not lipstick
those are tatoos

What's the point in participating in a thread when we have someone trolling responses because someone says they don't like a character design? It seems rather pointless to me if the thread is about what character design you dislike.

I would agree, I think Batgirl has a horrible character design and Clayface just seems odd. I don't think the Joker's design is that bad, it's just the characterization I don't like, thus it makes sense that some people don't like his design. As for Riddler, the pseudo-goth look is not that appealing, they can keep some elements, but I don't think it's the best design.

Some people posted original images from the comics, which received complaints, but regardless, the original designs make for good character design. For instance, I thought the redesigns done in the original series for the Riddler was horrible, but the original version looked great, you got a sense of a more intellectual character. Even the image post earlier in this thread of the Riddler, the character seems to exude more intellectualism than the version in the current series.

But I think writing has a lot to do with views of characters because character design can be frowned upon, but then seeing the animation and delivery of the voice acting is what will propel a series. But for the most part, I believe Batgirl has the worst design.

I like almost all of them except that Riddle (ewww) he looks too pale and has 'tarded hair.

I hate the purple on Batgirls costume,it should have been black. :down

I like the Mr.Freeze design,along with Penguin Firefly Killer Croc and Manbat.

when I first saw riddler i thought it was poison ivy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"